Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: mailx is not working.......
Operating Systems Solaris mailx is not working....... Post 302216423 by Renjesh on Friday 18th of July 2008 10:45:07 PM
Old 07-18-2008
mailx is not working.......

Hi All,

I am working with solaris 5.9 servers.After some patch installation my mailx is not working in the server.I am using IBM Lotus Notes.
Please help me to solve this issue

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mailx -s not working right

I have set up in Solaris to email me and I received emails on the OS level. However, I don't get the mail in my MS Outlook. Please advise. Thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: simt
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

mailx is not working outside e-mails

HI i wrote schell script to send e-mail automatically. it works only e-mail for our company.say for example, company name is : abc, example: joe@abc.com every body is receiving with xxx@abc.com (abc.com) if any body from outside of our company like joe@xyz.com.(xyz.com) are not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raosurya
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mailx command not working

HI, I am sending a html attachment with the help of mailx and uuencode command ..but it is not working properly.. :confused: Following are the commands i tried out. parmdir=/opt/dwqa1/TEST/status_test uuencode $parmdir/some.html $parmdir/some.html | mailx -s TEST ajoshi@yahoo.com But in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amey Joshi
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

mailx not working

Hi All, I am strugging with mailx. I have a shell script which triggers mail when executed. I have mailx utility installed in system under /usr/bin/mailx but still when that script executes i am not getting mails..any idea why strange behaviour..? Tha:(nks in advance Usha (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: usha rao
2 Replies

5. Solaris

mailx not working

i am supporting a server running Solaris 5.6.I don't know if the mail is configured on this server. i ran the following commands and got the corresponding output. #which mailx /usr/bin/mailx #ps -ef | grep sendmail root 601 1 0 Jan 10 ? 0:01 /usr/lib/sendmail... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: asalman.qazi
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

mailx -s is not working

Hello, I have two unix boxes.. One of the unix box version is Linux iduxlys 2.6.18-92.el5 #1 SMP Tue Apr 29 13:16:15 EDT 2008 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux I have shell script which has the below script. cat xyz.log|mailx -s "export is Successful" \ xyz.xyz@xyz The above... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: govindts
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

mailx is not working

i have a file.i want to get that file to my mail.mail services are running.but still i didn't receive the mail. i have used this command. mailx -s file1 muraliinfy04@gmail.com < file2.txt.can anybody help me.it's urgent.I am new to unix. actually file1 i have directed to a file2.txt (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

mailx not working properly

I am using mailx command in my script to attach a file and send an email. I need to attach a csv file and send email to a mail id - I am using uuencode output.csv output.csv | mailx -s "test mail" xyz@abc.com This will send a mail with scrambled text in body. am i missing something ?... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sriranga
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

mailx not working on SunOS 5.9

I m trying to send o/p of one file using mailx command but is not working PFB command : cat healthchecklog | mailx -s "HEALTH CHECKS" abc@jkl.com also I have checked the ps -ef for mailx which is giveing below o/p ps -ef | grep mail root 364 1 0 Jun 08 ? ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jcpratap
11 Replies

10. Solaris

Mailx stopped working

after a new patch set on the 14th. I noticed that mailx stopped working, as far a I can tell that is the only thing that changed. solaris 10 OS it seems everything is the same, sendmail seems to be running root@server # ps -ef | grep -i sendmail smmsp 687 1 0 10:42:25 ? ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: goya
0 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)