Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Can I display err log again after run errclear Post 302216144 by zaxxon on Friday 18th of July 2008 05:17:22 AM
Old 07-18-2008
Ah ok, sounds like not accessible for the normal mortal user/customer Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tar write err

This isn't causing me a problem, but it is puzzling (& slightly worrying) me. If I use tar to copy to a tape & the tape is write protected, I only get the message 'tar: tape write err' if there are a few files to copy. eg. # tar cvf /dev/rStp4 /usr/data will produce the messages ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kevin Pryke
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to redirect std err and out to log file for multi-commands?

The following command does not work under cygwin bash. ant debug >log 2>&1 && ant image >>log 2>>&1 & pid=$! It gives the error "-bash: sysntax error near unexpected token '&'". Is there a way I can redirect std output and std error to file "log" for both the commands "ant debug" and "ant... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: siegfried
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Err while using find command

hi frnds, I have written a script as follows. ssh username@servername "find $1 -type f -name $2 -mtime +1 -exec rm '{}' \;" when i excute tis script i get error FIND: Parameter format not correct parameter 2 is the file name .. . Thx in advance (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikramsnest
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting err with 'awk' command

Hi All, I am trying to run the below cmd thro' a script. awk 'NR>=48&&NR<=(58-1)' $IN_FILE_NAME | tee $OUT_FILE_NAME but I am getting an err while running the script. It gives the below err msg : awk: syntax error near line 1 awk: bailing out near line 1 (P.S Note: When run the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: askumarece
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Display just CPU run queue number (Nothing Else)

Im using the vmstat command to display the CPU run queue, but i want to put that into a program so is there a way to just display the number under the r? Thanks, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RAFC_99
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Phrasing err ssh...

hi.... below cmd (to get current hour - 1) works in localhost...whereas to get the same value in remote host..no result.. looks some pharsing error...can someone help? $ date Monday, 3 May 2010 09:15:46 GMT $ perl -e 'print "" . localtime(time()-$ARGV) . "\n";' 3600 Mon May 3 08:15:57... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: id100
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run a bash script, display on the screen and save all information in a file including error info

Hi all, How to: Run a bash script, display on the screen and save all information in a file including error information. For example: I have a bash script called test.sh now I want to run the test.sh and display the output on the screen and save the output including error info to a file. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Damon sine
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Keeping std & err outputs alive and feed one log file in a one-shot way

Bonjour, I have a large script with a lot of print statements and misc commands. Standard and error outputs are redirected like into the following code : #!/usr/bin/ksh LOG=/<some dir>/log > $LOG exec >>${LOG} 2>>${LOG} print aaaaa print bbbbb print ccccc ... some_cmd That way,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fundix
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Does anyone have a trick to run sdiff to display the filenames as a header?

Hi, Does anyone know if there is anyway to run sdiff such that it shows the name of the files as it display the results of the differences? That is, I want it to show the filenames on each column and then display the differences I can't find any option that allows this. Maybe someone has a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Bash script won't run because hardware won't produce display

Can anyone offer any advice on how to modify the script below to work on a new system we have, that has no graphics capability? We admin the system through a serial RAS device. I've tried running the below script through the RAS and through an ssh -X session. It failed with something like "GTK... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yelirt5
3 Replies