Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting whole word substitution in SED Post 302215541 by FunibonE on Wednesday 16th of July 2008 04:27:05 PM
Old 07-16-2008
Tools

use:
sed 's/class\>/room/g' filename

the above will only replace lines that end with class and will ignore classes.

Last edited by FunibonE; 07-16-2008 at 05:44 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

word substitution in csh

I have data that looks something like this: term1/term2/2005-12-01 13:20:30/term4 I need to make it look like this: term1/term2/20051201132030/term4 I am using a csh script. I have tried to do it by first converting the date/time to the format in which I want it, and then replacing it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: oprestol
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use sed substitution using a $variable for a line containing a word

$ cat ggg /E*Fare/testteam/public/pf3/nggfstatic/4k-pf3_3.case REGION1: /E*Fare/dist/src/nggfstaticbase/EFare/Server CODEBASE1: /dev_tools/LINUXMTP-4/EFS070718E/EFare/Server DATABASE1: nggfstatic SCRIPT: /efare1/admin/ezlcn/scripts/pf3_3_scriptlist.input PROLOGINITSIZE not yet set You... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sangal-Arun
4 Replies

3. Linux

word substitution in unix

Hi I am trying to substitute 2 words on the same line with _S02 as suffix. Like this . IN "TSOPS09" INDEX IN "TSOPIX09" ; to IN "TSOPS09_S02" INDEX IN "TSOPIX09_S02" ; i used the following code to make the change , it works fine for first substitution not the second one . ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: capri_drm
6 Replies

4. Linux

Last word substitution

Ok this is last question of the day from my side . I have this file and I want to replace the last letter " , " with " ) " . The input file is #cat zip.20080604.sql CONNECT TO TST103 ; SET SESSION_USER OPSDM001 ; SET CURRENT SCHEMA OPSDM001 ; CREATE VIEW OPSDM001.vw_zip SELECT ( ... (4 Replies)
4 Replies

5. Linux

Multiple files and word substitution

Hi , I have bunch of sql file which contain UHCDEV01 in them . I want to replace all the UHCDEV01 with UHCETL01 in all the files. I have written this code which shows correct output on sh -x but doesn't change the output file . #cat change_dbname.shl #!/bin/ksh... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Substitution using SED

Hi , I am stuck up in the below scenario:- I need to read a file name (eg A.txt) name frm another file (eg B.txt) and then I need to search for a particular expression in A.txt and substitute it with another expression. How can I use SED inside SHELL Scripting and command prompt as... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shubhranshu
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with word substitution

Hi all, I am trying to write a script substituting one word in a particular file with another word (sed) but I'm having trouble creating the backup file. The following are my instructions: The Unix program sed is useful for making simple substitutions throughout an entire file. But one of... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hoppy56
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed substitution

How can you use sed with a line of code that reads: 67899:Bill:Williams:Maple Dr.:45908600 Let us say we want to replace Maple Dr. with Oak St. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yonkers062986
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing a particular word with another word in all the xml's under a particular directory with sed

Hi Folks, Could you please advise what will be the SED command to replace a word in all xml's under a particular directory for example let say I rite now at the following below location $ cd /ter/rap/config now under config directory there will be lots of xml file , now my objective is to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: punpun66
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Word-counting and substitution with awk

Hi!! I am trying to write a program which allows me to count how many times I used the same word in a text: {$0 = tolower ($0) gsub (/_]/, "", $0) for (i = 1; i <= NF; i++) freq++ } END { for (word in freq) printf "%s\t%d\n", word, freq It seems work but... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ettore8888
3 Replies
event_class(5)															    event_class(5)

NAME
event class file - The file that contains the declaration of an event class. DESCRIPTION
Audit events can be logically grouped into event classes. Event classes are defined in event class files. An event class file contains an event class number and a list of event numbers corresponding to audit events. All event class files must be created in the dcelocal/etc/audit/ec directory. The name of the event class file becomes the name of the event class. The recommended naming convention for event class files is: dce_server-name_class where class is a descriptive text that characterizes the event class. Event class files must be write-protected by the local operating system (that is, only administrators should have write access to these files). Audit clients read these files to maintain an event table in their address space. Optionally, an event class file can contain a SEP line. This line contains a list of prefixes of the event numbers in the file. The SEP line speeds up the scanning performed by the Audit clients. Audit clients which do not have events with one of the prefixes listed will not scan the event list. If the SEP line is not provided in the file, Audit clients will have to read the entire file to find out if the event class file contains any of their events. Empty lines are ignored in the event class file. Comments are designated by the number sign (#) placed before the comment text. The Event Class File Format The format of an event class file is: ECN=event_class_number SEP=prefix_1 prefix_2 ... # comments start with the number sign event_num- ber_1 event_number_2 EXAMPLES
Following is an example of an event class file for the event class ec_local_authentication: ECN = 0x00000001 SEP = 0x100 # AS_Request 0x00000100 # TGS_TicketReq 0x00000101 # TGS_RenewReq 0x00000102 # TGS_ValidateReq 0x00000103 event_class(5)