Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Sending a structure through a message queue Post 302213507 by zaxxon on Thursday 10th of July 2008 09:02:46 AM
Old 07-10-2008
Better post it in the subforum for High Level Programming next door Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unix message Queue

Hi, I am working closly with unix message queues i have encountered the following - after creating the Q and start working with it (pushing & pulling) i receive the following stange parameters on the q's - STIME=no_entry Qnum=0 CBYTES=4140 when this happens, the Q is disabled (meaning i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kel
3 Replies

2. Programming

a message queue question..

Hi there: Thanks first. When I use a message queue amony severl processes, will I have to synchronize the queue? I don't think I would have to because a message queue is implemented in a link listed. Correct me If I am wrong... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanhu
0 Replies

3. Programming

Deleting ALL message queue

hi all, I'm working on this problem for 2 days. Can somebody tell me that how to delete all message queues from the system ? Since "ipcs -q" gives the list of all existing message queue, then there must be a system call and data stucture where from I can fetch the data about all existing... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: v_rathor
2 Replies

4. Programming

Message Queue Problem Again..

Is there any way one can delete , say , a particular message from a message queue on system V? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: satansfury
2 Replies

5. IP Networking

message queue problem

I am sending and retriving the message to the queue the problem is after retrieving the message can i see what is there in my message queue. (actually in my application i am encountring some garbage value) so i want to retieve this garbage value and also want to know its size how... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramneek
0 Replies

6. Programming

Message Queue with fork() help

hi all... ive been trying this program where i spawn 4 threads... and i am trying to use message queue to send msgs from 3 of the threads to the parent thread... but it doent seem to be working... ive almost pulled out my hair tryin to fix the prob :confused: another wierd thing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: strider
1 Replies

7. Programming

message queue

Hello, i need to write a message queue "chat server", that should work only localy. Can anyone please help me with some ideas and peshaps code. I'm studying the UNIX IPC mechanisms right now. So far, i understand how it works but i still cannot get an idea how to write a chat programm... ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: etenv
2 Replies

8. Programming

How to limit max no of message in a posix message queue

Hii can anyone pls tell how to limit the max no of message in a posix message queue. I have made changes in proc/sys/fs/mqueue/msg_max But still whenever i try to read the value of max. message in the queue using attr.mq_curmsgs (where struct mq_attr attr) its giving the default value as 10.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohit3884
0 Replies

9. Programming

UNIX Message Queue

Hello !!!!! I have a simple question but i can't find the answer anywhere hope to meet it here. Why it is a bad idea to pass pointers through message queues ? Most structs i see all of their char types are arrays... Is it becase having pointers means we could possibily send wrong bytes ? For... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: qlyine
2 Replies

10. Ubuntu

Message Queue in Linux

Hello How can I see the created message queues in the system? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: xyzt
4 Replies
MSG_GET_QUEUE(3)							 1							  MSG_GET_QUEUE(3)

msg_get_queue - Create or attach to a message queue

SYNOPSIS
resource msg_get_queue (int $key, [int $perms = 0666]) DESCRIPTION
msg_get_queue(3) returns an id that can be used to access the System V message queue with the given $key. The first call creates the mes- sage queue with the optional $perms. A second call to msg_get_queue(3) for the same $key will return a different message queue identifier, but both identifiers access the same underlying message queue. PARAMETERS
o $key - Message queue numeric ID o $perms - Queue permissions. Default to 0666. If the message queue already exists, the $perms will be ignored. RETURN VALUES
Returns a resource handle that can be used to access the System V message queue. SEE ALSO
msg_remove_queue(3), msg_receive(3), msg_send(3), msg_stat_queue(3), msg_set_queue(3). PHP Documentation Group MSG_GET_QUEUE(3)