Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: kernel patch update how to
Operating Systems Linux kernel patch update how to Post 302212904 by itik on Tuesday 8th of July 2008 06:21:26 PM
Old 07-08-2008
Okay I got the problem with the user

# useradd brewbuilder

But still my uname -a is not showing any changes after install the rpm and reboot.

Please help!

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. High Performance Computing

veritas cluster with kernel patch update

hi all, can someone please share their process on how to kernel patch a red hat ent 4 with veritas cluster 5? it's compose of a primary and backup node. the resources are db, disk, nic. it doesn't need to be detail, just give me the steps like: login to the backup node and update the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
0 Replies

2. Solaris

How can i see kernel patch version?

Hello experts. How can i see kernel patch version? what are advantages applying that patch? Thanx in advance (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: younus_syed
5 Replies

3. Solaris

Issue with kernel patch installation...

I tried to install the kernel patch 118855-36 in my x86 machine which has Solaris 10 installed. Find below the error message.... #patchadd 118855-36 Checking patches that you specified for installation. Done! Approved patches will be installed in this order: 118855-36 Executing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: paventhan
1 Replies

4. Linux

How to get installed kernel patch info

Hi I want to get the info about which version of kernel patchs are installed in my system. I am using susu10. Rgds, ashokd009 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ashokd009
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Kernel Patch level of ABE.

Hi, Anyone able to advise on how to find the kernel patch level of an ABE? showrev and uname -a will provide kernel patch details of the running environment, but how can I run these commands against the ABE or where do these commands get their information from i.e. is the kernel patch level... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: CiCa
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Appling Patch to kernel

Hello everybody, I have downloaded kernel version 3.10.21 and the same version of patch. the question is do I need to apply this patch which is the same version of kernel or is it intended for lower versions of kernel. thanks a lot (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vit0_Corleone
1 Replies

7. Ubuntu

Recompile the kernel after applying a patch in Ubuntu.

I have applied a patch using this command: patch -p1 < (file) then I did git commit -a. Now I want to recompile the kernel for making this patch live. Should I use make oldconfig or make localmodconfig After that, make -j$(grep -c "processor" /proc/cpuinfo) sudo make... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BHASKAR JUPUDI
1 Replies
MAKEDELTARPM(8) 					      System Manager's Manual						   MAKEDELTARPM(8)

NAME
makedeltarpm - create a deltarpm from two rpms SYNOPSIS
makedeltarpm [-v] [-V version] [-z compression] [-s seqfile] [-r] [-u] oldrpm newrpm deltarpm makedeltarpm [-v] [-V version] [-z compression] [-s seqfile] [-u] -p oldrpmprint oldpatchrpm oldrpm newrpm deltarpm DESCRIPTION
makedeltarpm creates a deltarpm from two rpms. The deltarpm can later be used to recreate the new rpm from either filesystem data or the old rpm. Use the -v option to make makedeltarpm more verbose about its work (use it twice to make it even more verbose). If you want to create a smaller and faster to combine "rpm-only" deltarpm which does not work with filesystem data, specify the -r option. makedeltarpm normally produces a V3 format deltarpm, use the -V option to specify a different version if desired. The -z option can be used to specify a different compression method, the default is to use the same compression method as used in the new rpm. The -s option makes makedeltarpm write out the sequence id to the specified file seqfile. If you also use patch rpms you should use the -p option to specify the rpm-print of oldrpm and the created patch rpm. This option tells makedeltarpm to exclude the files that were not included in the patch rpm but are not byteswise identical to the ones in oldrpm. makedeltarpm can also create an "identity" deltarpm by adding the -u switch. In this case only one rpm has to be specified. An identity deltarpm can be useful to just replace the signature header of a rpm or to reconstruct a rpm from the filesystem. SEE ALSO
applydeltarpm(8) combinedeltarpm(8) AUTHOR
Michael Schroeder <mls@suse.de> Feb 2005 MAKEDELTARPM(8)