Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: tables in scripts
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting tables in scripts Post 302212775 by Celine19 on Tuesday 8th of July 2008 09:44:11 AM
Old 07-08-2008
Sorry for repeating my question.

I tried this:
for element in ${#tab1[*]}

$tab_T1[$element]=`expr ${tab2[$element]} - ${tab1[$element]}`

do echo "$element"
done

echo ${#tab_T1[*]}

but it gives me error;
line 56: syntax error near unexpected token `$tab_T1[$element]=`expr ${tab2[$element]} - ${tab1[$element]} line 56: `$tab_T1[$element]=`expr ${tab2[$element]} - ${tab1[$element]}`'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

finding out tables not used in scripts.

Hi all, Please see my requirement and post me asap. Spool all the tables names into a file . Take each table name and check if it is present in any of the scripts in a directory using grep -il command. The script has to loop through the tables list and take each table and find it's presence... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vasundhara
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

use shell scripts to update tables from databases

Hi I need to write a shell script that will access tables available on webpages and update a table on my webpage on a periodic basis. It will access, say for example a website that periodically update a table with certain quantities and update my table accordingly.it should have the flexibility... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wannabegeek
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting tables of row data into columns of tables

I am trying to transpose tables listed in the format into format. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Input: test_data_1 1 2 90% 4 3 91% 5 4 90% 6 5 90% 9 6 90% test_data_2 3 5 92% 5 4 92% 7 3 93% 9 2 92% 1 1 92% ... Output:... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: justthisguy
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Profile scripts versus rc scripts....

what is the difference between login and profile scripts versus the rc scripts? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rookie22
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Script using rsh and scripts within scripts

Hi, I've written a script that runs on a Database server. It has to shutdown the Application server, do an Oracle Dump and then restart the Application server. Its been a long time since I wrote any shells scripts. Can you tell me if the scripts that I execute within my script will be executed... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: brockwile1
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running scripts within scripts from cron

Hi all, I have set up a cron job which calls another shell script shell script which in turn calls a Java process. The cron tab looks so. 0,30 7-18 * * 1-5 /u01/home/weblogic/brp/bin/checkstatus.sh >> /u01/home/weblogic/logs/checkstatus.log The checkstatus.sh scripts looks like this. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sirbrian
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing the Bash Scripts to Bourne Scripts:URGENT

Hi, I have to write a program to compute the checksums of files ./script.sh I wrote the program using bash and it took me forever since I am a beginner but it works very well. I'm getting so close to the deadline and I realised today that actually I have to use normal Bourne shell... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pgarg1989
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH - How to call different scripts from master scripts based on a column in an Oracle table

Dear Members, I have a table REQUESTS in Oracle which has an attribute REQUEST_ACTION. The entries in REQUEST_ACTION are like, ME, MD, ND, NE etc. I would like to create a script which will will call other scripts based on the request action. Can we directly read from the REQUEST_ACTION... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yoodit
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scripts for exporting backup from selected tables of Oracle DB

dear all please help me ! i need a script for exporting the selected tables of oracle database installed on CentOs. i waiting your response. thanks and regards (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: amirzargaran
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Identify tables from Oracle sql scripts

Hi, Please let me know if you have any thoughts on how to read a table that has all the oracle sql files or shell scripts at the job and step level to identify all the tables that does merge, update, delete, insert, create, truncate, alter table (ALTER TABLE XYZ RENAME TO ABC) and call them out... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: techmoris
1 Replies
expand(1)							   User Commands							 expand(1)

NAME
expand, unexpand - expand TAB characters to SPACE characters, and vice versa SYNOPSIS
expand [-t tablist] [file]... expand [-tabstop] [-tab1, tab2,. . ., tabn] [file]... unexpand [-a] [-t tablist] [file]... DESCRIPTION
The expand utility copies files (or the standard input) to the standard output, with TAB characters expanded to SPACE characters. BACKSPACE characters are preserved into the output and decrement the column count for TAB calculations. expand is useful for pre-processing character files (before sorting, looking at specific columns, and so forth) that contain TAB characters. unexpand copies files (or the standard input) to the standard output, putting TAB characters back into the data. By default, only leading SPACE and TAB characters are converted to strings of tabs, but this can be overridden by the -a option (see the OPTIONS section below). OPTIONS
The following options are supported for expand: -t tablist Specifies the tab stops. The argument tablist must consist of a single positive decimal integer or multiple posi- tive decimal integers, separated by blank characters or commas, in ascending order. If a single number is given, tabs will be set tablist column positions apart instead of the default 8. If multiple numbers are given, the tabs will be set at those specific column positions. Each tab-stop position N must be an integer value greater than zero, and the list must be in strictly ascending order. This is taken to mean that, from the start of a line of output, tabbing to position N causes the next character output to be in the (N+1)th column position on that line. In the event of expand having to process a tab character at a position beyond the last of those specified in a multiple tab-stop list, the tab character is replaced by a single space character in the output. -tabstop Specifies as a single argument, sets TAB characters tabstop SPACE characters apart instead of the default 8. -tab1,tab2,...,tabn Sets TAB characters at the columns specified by -tab1,tab2,...,tabn The following options are supported for unexpand: -a Inserts TAB characters when replacing a run of two or more SPACE characters would produce a smaller output file. -t tablist Specifies the tab stops. The option-argument tablist must be a single argument consisting of a single positive decimal inte- ger or multiple positive decimal integers, separated by blank characters or commas, in ascending order. If a single number is given, tabs will be set tablist column positions apart instead of the default 8. If multiple numbers are given, the tabs will be set at those specific column positions. Each tab-stop position N must be an integer value greater than zero, and the list must be in strictly ascending order. This is taken to mean that, from the start of a line of output, tabbing to posi- tion N will cause the next character output to be in the (N+1)th column position on that line. When the -t option is not specified, the default is the equivalent of specifying -t 8 (except for the interaction with -a, described below). No space-to-tab character conversions occur for characters at positions beyond the last of those specified in a multiple tab-stop list. When -t is specified, the presence or absence of the -a option is ignored; conversion will not be limited to the processing of leading blank characters. OPERANDS
The following ooperand is supported for expand and unexpand: file The path name of a text file to be used as input. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
See environ(5) for descriptions of the following environment variables that affect the execution of expand and unexpand: LANG, LC_ALL, LC_CTYPE, LC_MESSAGES, and NLSPATH. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion >0 An error occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWesu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |CSI |enabled | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
tabs(1), attributes(5), environ(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.11 1 Feb 1995 expand(1)