Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: mail forwarding
Operating Systems Solaris mail forwarding Post 302212091 by Franklin52 on Sunday 6th of July 2008 09:50:38 AM
Old 07-06-2008
Check one of the threads at the top/bottom of this thread regarding this topic.

Regards

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

E-mail forwarding

Hi, I would like to set up an E-mail forwarding service like Netaddress whereby users would be able to create an E-mail account in my domain name and have all the mail sent to that account forwarded to an alternate address they specify. I know that I can redirect mail sent to my domain using... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BigBro
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Forwarding Mail from Unix account

I have a simple question. i have an e-mail account with an ISP on a Solaris box. I want to forward all the mail that comes to "only" me to another POP3 account. I used to have the commands written down on how to forward all but I have lost them. Is there a way to forward only e-mails that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jsillers
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sendmail - forwarding mail

quick question. I have a webserver that has various scripts for user registration and ect on it. I want to post (mail) these to myself - however I am a bit stuck on how to configure sendmail to do this. The hosting partner that I use has provided me with the use of their relay to send on the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: warrend
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Forwarding mail with sendmail

Hello, I need to forward mail wich are in some users mailbox. The .forward redirection is working for all new mails but not for old. Is someone know how to do this ? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: annececile
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

.forward and alias mail forwarding questions

I am trying to configure sendmail to forward email to a PHP script. I don't know UNIX and am having trouble figuring out how to forward the mail. I think this is just a bunch of basic questions, but I have had little luck getting help elsewhere on my specific questions and it's driving me nuts. You... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bitt3n
3 Replies

6. IP Networking

Mail forwarding in small network with mailserver

Hi, My small network consists of a mail server(postfix) and 2 clients. I want to configure the clients so that all the mail they send is sent through the mailserver. I want to forward all outgoing mail to the mail server. How should I configure the clients to achieve this? Thanks for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hjallebk
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix mail forwarding

Hi Everyone, I am an intermediate to Unix.I want to forward the incoming messages for my Unix Account 'pdileep' to another mail account 'pdileep@ncmail.com'. I tried out .forward option,but the forwarded message was not there in my Unix Account. My requirement is like,i want to forward... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: DILEEP410
6 Replies

8. AIX

Forwarding already received mail?

Greetings to all of you. I am a tad desperate here. I have found MANY articles scattered across the internet from google searches and unix.com searches for how to forward mail that say: Create a ~/.forward file and put XXXX in it. This is not what I need to do. We have bunch of users... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DennisC31
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Forwarding Mail in AIX 5.3

Hello everyone, I am trying to create a forwarding scenario, and I do not seem to get it right! I created a .forward file in the directory where my personal mailbox resides. In the file is the full address to deliver email to ... yet the emails do not seem to get forwarded. Is there something... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gio001
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Forwarding mail via Pine

I am asking about my work account, running Linux on a system server. On pine, I set up a forward to another email account. I also keep a copy in the original account. The forward has been running fine for some time. I believe the system sends the mail first to the forwarded account and then puts... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: BLabel
0 Replies
FORWARD(5)						      BSD File Formats Manual							FORWARD(5)

NAME
forward -- mail forwarding instructions DESCRIPTION
The .forward file contains a list of mail addresses or programs that the user's mail should be redirected to. If the file is not present, then no mail forwarding will be done. Mail may also be forwarded as the standard input to a program by prefixing the line with the normal shell pipe symbol (|). If arguments are to be passed to the command, then the entire line should be enclosed in quotes. For security rea- sons, the .forward file must be owned by the user the mail is being sent to, or by root, and the user's shell must be listed in /etc/shells. For example, if a .forward file contained the following lines: nobody@FreeBSD.org "|/usr/bin/vacation nobody" Mail would be forwarded to <nobody@FreeBSD.org> and to the program /usr/bin/vacation with the single argument nobody. If a local user address is prefixed with a backslash character, mail is delivered directly to the user's mail spool file, bypassing further redirection. For example, if user chris had a .forward file containing the following lines: chris@otherhost chris One copy of mail would be forwarded to chris@otherhost and another copy would be retained as mail for local user chris. FILES
$HOME/.forward The user's forwarding instructions. SEE ALSO
aliases(5), mailaddr(7), sendmail(8) BSD
July 2, 1996 BSD