Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Problem in locale installation through solaris 10 cds Post 302211415 by girish.batra on Thursday 3rd of July 2008 09:35:10 AM
Old 07-03-2008
Problem in locale installation through solaris 10 cds

Dear All

I am in a problem where i have to install en_us locale through solaris 10 05/08 which is in 5 cds as I download from internet. when I use the following command after putting disk 1 of solaris 10

loceladm -a en_us -d /cdrom/cdrom0/s0/Solaris_10/Product

It install few packages but cann't able to get all the packeges required by en_us locale in one cd. and didn't automatically ask for other disks of Solaris 10.How will i install all the packages for loacle en_us

I also want to know what all locale required by oracle 10g installation. By default only posix is install at installation time if i do installation through null modem cable. Is POSIX locale is enought for Oracle 10g installation

Regards

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Installation problem: Solaris 10

Hello all, I downloaded Solaris 10 and installed it on my Pentium 4 (1.7 Ghz), 256MB RAM, with LG StudioWorks Monitor. Everything went fine till installation completed and when after installation computer rebooted, rather than displaying the graphical login screen the monitor goes out of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: varunnarang
4 Replies

2. AIX

Japanese Locale installation on AIX 5.3

Hi Can anybody tell me where do i find (download) the following filesets for AIX 5.3. These are the dependencies i'm facing while installing Japanese locale from the 5th CD of AIX 5.3 CD bundle. X11.loc.ja_JP.base.rte 5.3.0.0 # AIXwindows Locale Configurat... bos.loc.iso.ja_JP... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aditya_930
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

solaris 10 installation problem

Hi, I have sun enterprise server which uses an lineox box as its mail server and for also storing backups. the mail is linked from the lineox box to sun server and theres a mount on the sun server linking the box for partition, I want to get rid of lineox OS and install solaris 10. But i want... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: stakes20
0 Replies

4. AIX

installation CDs

I am trying to find the images of AIX 5.2 (or 5.3) installation CDs. Does any one know web links to download? I was not able to find any. I am wonderying if it is not possible at all. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gogogo
7 Replies

5. AIX

Integrate ML with AIX Installation CDs

In windows, there is a software that can help integrate some fixes or files into installtion media ( I think the software is called nLight or something). For example, if you want to include some SATA drivers into the installation CD of Windows XP you would: 1)get the Windows XP installation CDs. 2)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dardeer
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Burning Solaris 9 Installation ISOs to bootable CDs

Hi everyone, Im new to Solaris and am just about to install Solaris 9 on an old Sparc based machine with Solaris 8. My friend gave me the ISOs for V9, and now, i have them sitting on my Vista, and i have to start writing bootable CDs of the same. But Im not quite sure how to go about doing... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: agummad
4 Replies

7. Solaris

Installation of locale..

Hi All, i am pretty new to sun solaris env.I need to install a french locale onto my machine.Could you please guide me through the steps. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sankasu
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Locale installation..

Hi All, I need to install a swedish locale on a solaris machine(ver. 10).I have the package downloaded.Can anyone please guide me through the steps and things i need to keep in mind when doing the same? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sankasu
7 Replies

9. Solaris

How to find Solaris 2.6 installation cds?

Hello Forum! I need to install Solaris 2.6, but it seems difficult to find that old version...any ideas where to find / buy the installation cd's? Best regards, /roinepe (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: roinepe
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris "System locale" during installation

Hi I install Solaris10 and during this process there is a question "Select the initial locale to be used after the system has been installed " There is plenty of choices and default already selected is POSIX C (C). What should I choose in this list ? Why instalator asks for this question... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: presul
0 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)