Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers send email from address list and subject list Post 302209382 by DukeNuke2 on Thursday 26th of June 2008 07:22:21 PM
Old 06-26-2008
this smells like "mass emailing"....?! for spam reasons?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Send email where # is in the email address - Using Unix

Hi All, How do I send an email using malix where email address contains a #. I have a email address like this : #test@test.com I want to send email like malix -s "TEST" #test@test.com < SOMEFILE I tried \# but doesn't work. Please let me know how we can achieve this? I am in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jingi1234
1 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Using Mailx to send to list of email addresses

Im trying to use a shell script to send to a list of email addresses in a txt file. Here is what i have tried but it keeps sending to dead.letter... Success.ksh contains... mailx -s"Night Batch Success" 'cat /Scripts/email_addresses.txt' < /Scripts/email_body_message.txt The email body... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aguad3
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh - how to list all ip address between 2 ip address

Trying to do a ksh script that needs to list all ip address between ip address a and b .. ie. Ip address A=192.168.1.200 Ip address B=192.168.2.15 So the subnet changes from 1 to 2 but I want to list all possible ip addresses between the 2.. Which would be: 192.168.1.200... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
4 Replies

4. AIX

how to send a file from aix to a email address?

how to send a file from aix to a email address? such as xxx@yahoo.com? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with script to send email and if subject line match is found

Help with script that will check log, then find a match is found, add that as the subject line. 1. The script will always run as a deamon.. and scan the event.log file 2. when a new 101 line is added to the event.log file, have the script check position 5,6 and 7 which is the job name, which... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: axdelg
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to send email after comparing the folder permissions to a certain permission & send email

Hello , I am trying to write a unix shell script to compare folder permission to say drwxr-x-wx and then send an email to my id in case the folders don't have the drwxr-x-wx permissions set for them . I have been trying to come up with a script for few days now , pls help me:( (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nairshar
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

new to ldap, send email to a ou or group, and see a list from email client

hi, i'm running openldap on ubuntu 10.04, creating new items with apache directory studio (windows version). i use the ldap just as an address book to our small office (email clients are windows live mail 2009, 2011, microsoft outlook 2007 and 2010). a. i cant see a list of the contacts,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: V4705
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

List the IP address of list of servers

Hi I have a file containing server names and i can ssh to all these servers without password. Could any body suggest me how to list out IP address of all the servers? Now i am manually doing this, like ssh to each server and run "ifcong -a" command and copy the ipaddress to a excel sheet.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumar85shiv
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sendemail how to send an email with a subject variable

Hi,:) I try this : #!/bin/bash sender="me@example.com" recipient="you@example.com" subject="TEST FILE" server="0.0.0.0" file=$(cat file.txt) /usr/bin/sendemail -f $sender -t $recipient -u $subject -m $file My file.txt: BLABLALA BLABLABLA (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arnaudh78
7 Replies
BOGOTUNE(1)						    Bogofilter Reference Manual 					       BOGOTUNE(1)

NAME
bogotune - find optimum parameter settings for bogofilter SYNOPSIS
bogotune [-v] [-c config] [-C] [-d dir] [-D] [-r value] [-T value] -n okfile [[-n] okfile [...]] -s spamfile [[-s] spamfile [...]] [-M file] bogotune [-h] DESCRIPTION
Bogotune tries to find optimum parameter settings for bogofilter. It needs at least one set each of spam and non-spam messages. The production wordlist is normally used, but it can be directed to read a different wordlist, or to build its own from half the supplied messages. In order to produce useful results, bogotune has minimum message count requirements. The wordlist it uses must have at least 2,000 spam and 2,000 non-spam in it and the message files must contain at least 500 spam and 500 non-spam messages. Also, the ratio of spam to non-spam should be in the range 0.2 to 5. If you direct bogotune to build its own wordlist, it will use the half the input or 2000 messages (whichever is larger) for the wordlist. Message files may be in mbox, maildir, or MH folder or any combination. Msg-count files can also be used, but not mixed with other formats. OPTIONS
The -h option prints the help message and exits. The -v option increases the verbosity level. Level 1 displays the scan output in detail instead of using a progress meter. The -c filename option tells bogofilter to read the config file named. The -C option prevents bogotune from reading a configuration file. The -d dir option specifies the directory for the database. See the ENVIRONMENT section for other directory setting options. The -D option tells bogotune to build a wordlist in memory using the input messages. The messages are read and divided into two groups. The first group is used to build a wordlist (in ram) and the second is used for tuning. To meet the minimum requirements of 2000 messages in the wordlist and 500 messages for testing, when -D is used, there must be 2500 non-spam and 2500 spam in the input files. If there are enough messages (more than 4000), they will be split evenly between wordlist and testing. Otherwise, they will be split proportionately. The -n option tells bogotune that the following argument is a file (or folder) containing non-spam. Since version 1.0.3, multiple arguments to the -n option can be given. All non-option arguments until the next -s option will be treated as though they had been preceded by -n The -s option tells bogotune that the following argument is a file (or folder) containing spam. It can be repeated as often as necessary. Since version 1.0.3, multiple arguments to the -s can be given. All non-option arguments until the next -n option will be treated as though they had been preceded by -s. The -r value option tells bogotune to use the following parameter as the robx value. The -T value option tells bogotune to use the following parameter as fp target value. The -M file option tells bogotune to convert the file to message count format. This format provides a sorted list of each message's unique tokens, along with their ham and spam counts. Sorting hides the sense of the messages quite effectively, thus protecting privacy. The message-count format allows bogotune and bogofilter to score messages quickly without needing the original token database. ENVIRONMENT
Bogofilter uses a database directory, which can be set in the config file. If not set there, bogofilter will use the value of BOGOFILTER_DIR. Both can be overridden by the -ddir option. If none of that is available, bogofilter will use directory $HOME/.bogofilter. BUGS
Bogotune is not particularly robust when presented with garbage input. AUTHOR
The bogofilter developer team. For updates, see the bogofilter project page[1]. SEE ALSO
bogofilter(1), bogolexer(1), bogoupgrade(1), bogoutil(1) NOTES
1. the bogofilter project page http://bogofilter.sourceforge.net/ Bogofilter 03/15/2010 BOGOTUNE(1)