Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Extract all attachments from unix mailbox file Post 302208866 by unSpawn on Wednesday 25th of June 2008 06:49:37 AM
Old 06-25-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by raynor
The only problem with munpack that it can't process a single mailbox file, eg: thunderbird's inbox.
Yeah, I read over that in your OP. You could automate separating e-mails and processing them individually with munpack using a procmail recipe.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Mailbox file format

Does anyone know where can I find information about UNIX mailbox files' organization? I am willing to develop a file-mailbox-compliant mail agent, but for doing so I need that information. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: exile
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sending attachments via unix

Hi, I need to send a mail attachment from the UNIX commandline. I'm using Tru64 and the mail client thats supposed receive the attached file (an excel sheet) is Lotus Notes. Can anybody help me out? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abhishek Ghose
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can you e-mail files as attachments from unix to windows?

Another question if you guys don't mind, if you do this: cat * |mailx -s xxxxx <email> it will send files to a email address displayed as sdout, is there a quick way to send files to a e-mail address but as a attachement? Say if I renamed files to .xls on unix, and sent them to a e-mail... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nj78
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading a mailbox and sending new messages to a text file

I'm new to scripting and have been tasked with creating a script that will read a mailbox, such as /var/mail/user1, scan it for new messages, then send those new messages to another file. It also has to be looped to run almost continuously. Any help would be greatly appreciated (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rsw626
1 Replies

5. AIX

Aix Unix Mailx Attachments

I'm trying to send a mailx with an attachment, really I have not do it in a long time. I forgot (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: darioa
3 Replies

6. HP-UX

Sending Unix files as attachments in an email

Hi, I am executing the following command in order to send a file as an attachment: mailx -s "Subject" emailID@xyz.com < Testfile.txt Instead of attaching the file Testfile.txt, it is writing the contents of the file in the email message body. Please advise on how I can send the file as an... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sangharsh
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading Mail attachments using unix

:wall:hi all, please somebody can help me out in reading the pop3 mail attachments or saving it locally i have a mail account where i receive .csv attachments i need to read that attachments and process them. any sample code can be much appriciated Removed email :wall: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: srikanthkadapal
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

unix email attachments in web mail

Hi, Request you to please help on my issue. My issue is: We are able to send the log files as an email attachment. We are able to get the attachment in our inbox. But when we try to see in web mail, instead of the attachment, junk characters are displaying. Appreciate your help. Regards,... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: gi.srinivas
10 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sending attachments via unix

OS Linux....Just curious as to why this is not working... uuencode test.txt "test.xls"|mailx -r xxx@server.com -s "validation report" emailrecipient1,emailrecipient2 Please help....Any other options do we need to use?? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saggiboy10
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with opening the UNIX mailx attachments on iPhone/iOS

I have created a simple log file (abc.log) with Hello World, from my UNIX script. At the end of the script, I have attached the log to my email using uuencode & mailx command. THe email was send successfully and opening on my desktop without any issues. I have the email sync with my iPhone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: karumudi7
7 Replies
RIPOLE(1)						      General Commands Manual							 RIPOLE(1)

NAME
ripole - extracts attachments from OLE2 data files (ie, MS Office docs). SYNOPSIS
ripole -i <ole2_file> -d <directory> [--save-unknown-streams] [--version|-V] [--verbose|-v] [--debug] [--help|-h] DESCRIPTION
ripole is a small program/library designed to pull out attachments from OLE2 data files. It can handle most of Microsoft Office documents like "doc" (Word), "xls" (Excel) or "ppt" (Powerpoint). OPTIONS
-i <ole2_file> Input OLE2 file (usually any Microsoft Office document). -d <directory> Extract attachments to <directory>. --save-unknown-streams Extract unknown attachements too. --version, -V Print ripOLE version. --verbose, -v Print verbose output. --debug Print debugging informations. --help, -h Show this help. EXAMPLE
ripole -i xam-doc1.doc -v -d tmp Decoding filename=short-XAMIME.dat Decoding filename=mp71.exe Decoding filename=MPSetup.exe SEE ALSO
Homepage: http://www.pldaniels.com/ripole/ AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Adam Cecile <gandalf@le-vert.net> for the Debian system (but may be used by others). Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL. Version 0.2.0 May 2007 RIPOLE(1)