Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Sun Studio 11 install on Solaris 8 hanging Post 302207860 by jwilloughby on Saturday 21st of June 2008 08:43:10 AM
Old 06-21-2008
Thanks for the reply but while the symptoms appear similar that bug seems to deal with upgrading a zone while I am just trying to install the Sun C compiler (Sun Studio) on a Solaris 8 server (no zones involved). I found a couple other references to /tmp/SolarisNativeTookit_3.0.2_1 having to do with installing other applications/packages.

My install seems to hang whether I use the -nodisplay option or not.

Any other ideas?

Thanks again,

John

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

How to install Sun Solaris 10 inside VMware Workstation 5.5

Some members asked about this way, click Here u will find what u want (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sound Of Wisdom
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Problem after Install SUN solaris x86

after install solaris x86 on my computer success, but it can't boot. When the machine start, and i choose option 1 - default, it shows "W" on screen and system restart . Anyone can help me. My computer : dual core - 1gb ram - x86 (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: quan0509
7 Replies

3. Solaris

Whether Sun studio is installed on my Solaris Server?

Hi All I want to confirm the installation of Sun Studio installation on my UNIX development server. Please suggest how to get that. Cheers, Ankur (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharmaankur85
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Cannot install Sun Solaris 10 on Ultra 10

http://www.unix.com/images/smilies/mad.gif Hi, this is parameswar. I have two sun ultra 5/10 workstations processor is sparc IIi 440 and ram is 512 but without hard disk and cdrom so can i use seagate 40Gb and sony dvd writer which is presented in windows pc. Both are IDE cables. while I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: parameswar
1 Replies

5. Programming

Trying to install X-Designer from Sun studio suite.

Hi all. I'm trying to install Sun Studio on my Ubuntu 10.4 pc because I wanna use X-Designer (it is a Motif GUI builder), that should be in that suite. I downloaded the tar package build for linux and installed the deps. Sun Studio and the Sun C Compiler work fine, but i cannot find... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mghis
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Sun Blade 150 will not boot off harddrive after install of solaris 10

Hello, I cant get my blade box to boot off the harddrive after installing solaris 10.I can get to a root prompt after issuing "boot cdrom -s".I tried booting off disk0 and disk1,but I get "the file just loaded does not seem to be executable".Thanks for any help.:wall: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chucky
4 Replies

7. Solaris

pkgadd will not install solaris studio 12.3

I downloaded Solaris 10 OS on x86, SVR4 installer to my desktop and ran digest -a md5 on the downloaded file and the hash values matched. I then ran bunzip2 followed by pkgadd -d SolarisStudio12.3-solaris-x86-pkg and am getting the following error: pkgadd: ERROR: attempt to process... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: twk
14 Replies

8. Solaris

Cannot install or run Solaris 8 on Sun Blade 150

Hi everybody, I'm having big troubles in installing Solaris 8 on a Sun Blade 150. Here are some system specs: Sun Blade 150 (UltraSPARC-IIe 550MHz) RAM: 256MB OBP 4.10.6 2003/06/06 12:30 POST 2.0.1 2001/08/23 17:13 When I try to boot from Solaris 8 CD with boot cdrom or... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vortigern
10 Replies

9. Solaris

Sun Ray Install 5.4.5 on Solaris 11.3

I had an issue installing Sun Ray Server 5.4.5 on Solaris 11.3, and was unable to find an answer. However, I was able to noodle through it and got things running. So, for the benefit of the few that might be interested, here are the issues regarding installation of Sun Ray Server 5.4.5 on... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: apljavaman
0 Replies

10. Solaris

Install ext DLT Sun Tape drive on V445 Solaris 10

I have a SunFire V445 running Solaris 10 and am adding a Sun DLT tape drive. From the OK prompt the probe-scsi-all does see the drive and it is the proper target of 4. When I do the boot -- -r it does build the /dev/rmt directories correctly and the links to /devices appear correct as well. When I... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: chastings
8 Replies
native(5)						Standards, Environments, and Macros						 native(5)

NAME
native - native branded zone DESCRIPTION
The native brand uses the branded zones framework described in brands(5) to run zones installed with the same software as is installed in the global zone. The system software must always be in sync with the global zone when using a native brand. SUB-COMMANDS The following native brand-specific subcommand options are supported in zoneadm(1M). attach [-u] [-b patchid]... For native zones, zoneadm checks package and patch levels on the machine to which the zone is to be attached. If the packages/patches that the zone depends on from the global zone are different (have different revision numbers) from the dependent packages/patches on the source machine, zoneadm reports these conflicts and does not perform the attach. If the destination system has only newer dependent packages/patches (higher revision numbers) than those on the source system, you can use the -u option to update the attached zone to match the -revision packages and patches that exist on the new system. With -u, as in the default behavior, zoneadm does not perform an attach if outdated packages/patches are found on the target system. For native zones, one or more -b options can be used to specify a patch ID for a patch installed in the zone. These patches will be backed out before the zone is attached or, if -u was also specified, updated. install [-a archive] | [-d path] [-p] [-s] [-u] [-v] [-b patchid]... The native brand installer supports installing the zone from either the software already installed on the system or from an image of an installed system running the same release. This can be a full flash archive (see flash_archive(4)) or a cpio(1) or pax(1) "xustar" ar- chive. The cpio archive be compressed with gzip or bzip2. The image can also be a level 0 ufsdump(1M), a path to the top-level of a system's root tree, or a pre-existing zone path. With no options the zone is installed using same software as is running the global zone. To install the zone from a system image either the -a or -d is required. Either the -u or -p option is also required in this case. -a archive The path to a flash_archive(4), cpio(1), or pax(1) "xustar" archive, or a level0 ufsdump(1M), of an installed system. cpio archives may be compressed using gzip or bzip2. -b patchid One or more -b options can be used to specify a patch ID for a patch installed in the system image. These patches will be backed out during the installation process. -d path The path to the root directory of an installed system. If path is a hyphen (-), the zonepath is presumed to be already populated with the system image. -p Preserve the system configuration after installing the zone. -s Install silently. -u Run sys-unconfig(1M) on the zone after installing it. -v Verbose output from the install process. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for a description of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWzoneu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Uncommitted | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
cpio(1), pax(1), zlogin(1), zonename(1), sys-unconfig(1M), ufsdump(1M), zoneadm(1M), zonecfg(1M), flash_archive(4), attributes(5), brands(5), privileges(5), zones(5), lx_systrace(7D) SunOS 5.11 13 Feb 2009 native(5)