Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting comment and Uncomment single task out of multiple task Post 302206693 by bisla.yogender on Wednesday 18th of June 2008 08:52:09 AM
Old 06-18-2008
you can use....

suppose test is the file name and you want to comment line having gsnmpproxy

grep gsnmpproxy test| sed -ie 's/ ^/#/g'

Thanks-
Yogi

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse an XML task list to create each task.xml file

I have an task definition listing xml file that contains a list of tasks such as <TASKLIST <TASK definition="Completion date" id="Taskname1" Some other <CODE name="Code12" <Parameter pname="Dog" input="5.6" units="feet" etc /Parameter> <Parameter... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MissI
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comment/uncomment a cron

Hi, My requirement is to comment/uncomment a cron job through a script. 1. Redirected the output of crontab -l to a text file. crontab -l >cronoutput.txt 2. grep to find the script running and sed to place the comment (#) as the first char grep -i 'weblogicmonitor.sh'... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mannepalli
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

comment and uncomment a line with Shell Script

Requirement is: 1. comment and uncomment the line with Shell Script: /opt/admin/fastpg/bin/fastpg.exe -c -=NET (using fastpg.exe as a search option) 2. display = "Commented" (when its commented) and display = "Uncommented" (when its uncommented) Its urgent, please let me asap!!! Thanks in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anthonyraj75
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

uncomment or comment one specific line in a config file

Hello. I want comment or uncomment a ligne in a config file. The file name : /etc/samba/smb.conf Normaly the ligne is uncomment :so the line begin with a tab character followed by passdb backend =\tpassdb backend = In that case I should comment this line ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

task

Hi all, I'm newbie and stuck here. Thanks for any help. Input(txt file) a b X c d Y e f Z g h W Requested output: a b X Y c d Y X e f Z W g h W Z Please use code tags when posting data and code samples! (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: hernand
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Task

Hi experts, I have a problem with the below shell task: I need to modify the file creatin a paired row , per each row which matches filter (e.g. number of nonempty columns = 5) Output should look like this: second row is original one from the input, first row(red) is pairing row, it's... (29 Replies)
Discussion started by: hernand
29 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

comment/uncomment grep output

Hi I need help to comment/uncomment the output from grep command output within a file from command line using shell script. # grep -i -p testfs filesystem.out /TestFs: dev = /dev/TestFslv vfs = jfs2 log = /dev/hd8 mount ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbak
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

need a script that does a simple task on multiple unix servers.

hi guys, i need a script that does a simple task on multiple aix servers. if possible with both telnet and ssh. the simple task i wanna do is connect to a server and run "ifconfig -a" and get the output. nextweek i need to do similar jobs on like 50 servers... :( can anybody help me with making... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: curtis911
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Easiest way to comment/uncomment a shell script?

cd path line1 line2 line3 line4 line5 Lets say thats the sample script...So say if i have to comment the above script, which would be the better way so that whenever i want, i cud comment or uncomment the same. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saggiboy10
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

To comment/uncomment in config file

hi! I want to comment and uncomment 2 lines in my config files that goes like: CONTACT_LIST="abc@xyz.com;" #CONTACT_LIST="def@xyz.com;" I want to sawp the commnets in above lines and desired output should be: #CONTACT_LIST="abc@xyz.com;" CONTACT_LIST="def@xyz.com;" Please suggest. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scriptNovice
1 Replies
EXTRACT(1)						      General Commands Manual							EXTRACT(1)

NAME
extract - determine meta-information about a file SYNOPSIS
extract [ -bghLnvV ] [ -H hash-algorithm ] [ -i ] [ -l library ] [ -p type ] [ -x type ] file ... DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents version 0.6.0 of the extract command. extract tests each file specified in the argument list in an attempt to infer meta-information from it. Each file is subjected to the meta-data extraction libraries from libextractor. libextractor classifies meta-information (also referred to as keywords) into types. A list of all types can be obtained with the -L option. OPTIONS
-b Display the output in BiBTeX format. -g Use grep-friendly output (all keywords on a single line for each file). Use the verbose option to print the filename first, fol- lowed by the keywords. Use the verbose option twice to also display the keyword types. This option will not print keyword types or non-textual metadata. -h Print a brief summary of the options. -i Run plugins in-process (for debugging). By default, each plugin is run in its own process. -l libraries Use the specified libraries to extract keywords. The general format of libraries is .I [[-]LIBRARYNAME[:[-]LIBRARYNAME]*] where LIBRARYNAME is a libextractor compatible library and typically of the form .Ijpeg. The minus before the libraryname indicates that this library should be removed from the existing list. To run only a few selected plugins, use -l in combination with -n. -L Print a list of all known keyword types. -n Do not use the default set of extractors (typically all standard extractors, currently mp3, ogg, jpg, gif, png, tiff, real, html, pdf and mime-types), use only the extractors specified with the .B -l option. -p type Print only the keywords matching the specified type. By default, all keywords that are found and not removed as duplicates are printed. -v Print the version number and exit. -V Be verbose. This option can be specified multiple times to increase verbosity further. -x type Exclude keywords of the specified type from the output. By default, all keywords that are found and not removed as duplicates are printed. SEE ALSO
libextractor(3) - description of the libextractor library EXAMPLES
$ extract test/test.jpg comment - (C) 2001 by Christian Grothoff, using gimp 1.2 1 mimetype - image/jpeg $ extract -V -x comment test/test.jpg Keywords for file test/test.jpg: mimetype - image/jpeg $ extract -p comment test/test.jpg comment - (C) 2001 by Christian Grothoff, using gimp 1.2 1 $ extract -nV -l png.so -p comment test/test.jpg test/test.png Keywords for file test/test.jpg: Keywords for file test/test.png: comment - Testing keyword extraction LEGAL NOTICE
libextractor and the extract tool are released under the GPL. libextractor is a GNU package. BUGS
A couple of file-formats (on the order of 10^3) are not recognized... AUTHORS
extract was originally written by Christian Grothoff <christian@grothoff.org> and Vidyut Samanta <vids@cs.ucla.edu>. Use <libextrac- tor@gnu.org> to contact the current maintainer(s). AVAILABILITY
You can obtain the original author's latest version from http://www.gnu.org/software/libextractor/ libextractor 0.6.0 Dec 20, 2009 EXTRACT(1)