Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: File existence using ls
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting File existence using ls Post 302205869 by Franklin52 on Monday 16th of June 2008 01:00:38 PM
Old 06-16-2008
Use the tail command, check the man page.

Regards

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Loop for file existence

I wasn't sure if I should post it here of in the Shell Script category, but I figured it was definitely a newbie question. I'm trying to write a script that will check for the existence of a specific file (or for any files within the directory) and then take specific actions. I've removed all... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bd_joy
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

File existence

Hey all, I have total new with shell scripting so I don't know if what I need to do even possible, here it is...for a duration of time (say...1 hour) I need to check for the existence of a particular file, if it exists then I will invoke a java program or I will continue to check until a)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mpang_
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

checking file existence

Hi, My requirement was to check the existence of a file having a specified pattern.The way i tried to achieve this was if ; then echo "File found" fi an example file having this pattern was 'ilvs_trace01.0124'. it will vary... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DILEEP410
3 Replies

4. AIX

check for file existence

Hello I am having a requirement like if there is no file in the directory then i need a message to pop on after the execution of the script. My script basically does for File in `ls -t $DIRECTORY | tail -1`; if there is no file the DIRECTORY then the script is simply exiting with out... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsdev_123
2 Replies

5. AIX

Check for File Existence

I have requirement where i need to search for files which start with SALESORDER and PURCHASEORDER. i need to process the files with SALESORDER first and then PURCHASEORDER. If SALESORDER files are not there i dont want to process PURCHASEORDER and i want to come out of script. I have written a code... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsdev_123
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

File existence and increment

count=0; while read line; do ] && let count=count+1; done < file_name.txt echo echo "$count of 10 files found " echo The scenario is a follows : I have a file which contains a list of filenames present in particular directory . I am checking fo the existence of the file and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ultimatix
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse file from remote server to calculate count of string existence in that file

Hi I need to parse the file of same name which exist on different servers and calculate the count of string existed in both files. Say a file abc.log exist on 2 servers. I want to search for string "test" on both files and calculate the total count of search string's existence. For... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: poweroflinux
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

File existence

Hi I'm using the below command in shell script to check for file exists in the path if ..... fi path and test are variables path and the file exists but the commands inside if condition is executed (! operator used) Is the above way of checking for file existence is correct? ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinoth_kumar
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to check for the file existence, if file exists it should echo the no of modified days

Hi, I am looking for a shell script with the following. 1. It should check whether a particular file exists in a location #!/bin/sh if ; then echo "xxx.txt File Exists" else echo "File Not Found" fi 2. If file exists, it should check for the modified date and run a command... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikeyan_mac
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

File existence

Hope someone can help me on this In a directory ,files are dynamically generated.I need a script to do the following if files are not received for more than 2 hours or if the received file is empty then do something How can I put that in a script.Thank you eg. in cd /dir_name the... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: haadiya
13 Replies
ATF-SH(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 ATF-SH(1)

NAME
atf-sh [-s shell] -- interpreter for shell-based test programs SYNOPSIS
atf-sh script DESCRIPTION
atf-sh is an interpreter that runs the test program given in script after loading the atf-sh(3) library. atf-sh is not a real interpreter though: it is just a wrapper around the system-wide shell defined by ATF_SHELL. atf-sh executes the inter- preter, loads the atf-sh(3) library and then runs the script. You must consider atf-sh to be a POSIX shell by default and thus should not use any non-standard extensions. The following options are available: -s shell Specifies the shell to use instead of the value provided by ATF_SHELL. ENVIRONMENT
ATF_LIBEXECDIR Overrides the builtin directory where atf-sh is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_PKGDATADIR Overrides the builtin directory where libatf-sh.subr is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. Scripts must not rely on this variable being set to select a specific interpreter. EXAMPLES
Scripts using atf-sh(3) should start with: #! /usr/bin/env atf-sh Alternatively, if you want to explicitly choose a shell interpreter, you cannot rely on env(1) to find atf-sh. Instead, you have to hardcode the path to atf-sh in the script and then use the -s option afterwards as a single parameter: #! /path/to/bin/atf-sh -s/bin/bash ENVIRONMENT
ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. SEE ALSO
atf-sh(3) BSD
September 27, 2014 BSD