Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: FTP - configuration
Operating Systems Solaris FTP - configuration Post 302205067 by actino on Friday 13th of June 2008 11:01:05 AM
Old 06-13-2008
hi
thanx for answering. Jep, the deamon is running and I can connect to ftp, move datas...

But, its not configured by myself - so I like to learn/check it on solaris 5.9. Where are all those settings. I found only the deamon folder /etc/ftpd.
or how ist the configuration file name?

thank you for help
actino

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP configuration in Solaris 5.7

Hi everybody ! How can I configure the ftp in solaris systems ? Wich files ? To resume : I want to create a user wich can get from a ftp session running from a PC, some files without going up in the directories. If I attached the ksh or sh shell to the user, he can go wherever he wants. If I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: MarcoW
7 Replies

2. Linux

FTP server configuration!

Hello, I use fedora linux. I want to configure my FTP server. Actually, I don't know anything about this server except that I know I have installed it. Please guide me with this. Thx (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: HSN
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Using FTP to check whether file is completely FTP... plz find the description below

Hi, We have some clients who will place huge files in to one of the remote server. And the shell script written in our local server to retrieve client files (using FTP) placed on one of the remote server of ours by clients. My question Is there any FTP command/script to check from my local... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nmsrao
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automated FTP script using .netrc to multiple FTP servers

Hi all, I'm using the following script to automated ftp files to 1 ftp servers host=192.168.0.1 /usr/bin/ftp -vi >> $bkplog 2>&1 <<ftp open $host bin cd ${directory} put $files quit ftp and the .netrc file contain machine 192.168.0.1 login abc... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: varu0612
4 Replies

5. AIX

ftp connect in passive mode , ftp settings

how to connect to ftp server in passive mode? ftp server.abc and how can i see ftp settings, doesn't exist some ftpd.conf there is some other file where i check the options and configurations of ftp server? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prpkrk
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

configuration for ftp script in main script

Hi, I am new to shell scripting,and i was planning to write a script that will FTP files to destination folder. I was planning that All configuration should be done through a properties files. and finally the output should be Files are transferred I have developed a properties file named... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahul125
4 Replies

7. IP Networking

ftp configuration

Hi, I have been a unix box testing machine and I access to it through putty with my creditials now I have an sftp script to transfer files from that machine to some other ftp server but recently I come to know that due to some reason ftp server is not ready so I have to make my current machine... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahul125
0 Replies

8. HP-UX

[Solved] Unable to rename file in ftp server .Net:FTP perl

Hello All, I am trying to connect to ftp server and get the files. Also i need to rename the file in other ftp dir. rename method is not allowing me to rename the file in other dir. When i tried copy command by using net::FTP:FILE then perl says it is not installed. Can some body help me to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: krsnadasa
2 Replies

9. Solaris

ftp configuration

hi, I am using Solaris 10, actually i want to restrict user to access upper level directory while using ftp, means when user access a folder using ftp he has no access to go to base directory. If i am not wrong ftp configuration file use in solaris 10 is /etc/ftpd/ftpaccess kindly confirm, I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zeeshan047
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Missing FTP configuration files/commands

I was asked if I can create an FTP only user on a UNIX system I've inherited at work. (Solaris). I've worked on UNIX systems for a long time, but never really as an admin. I searched the web, and on this forum, for information on exactly how to do this. (The new user will also need to be... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: HeyMoe
4 Replies
ftpservers(4)							   File Formats 						     ftpservers(4)

NAME
ftpservers - FTP Server virtual hosting configuration file SYNOPSIS
/etc/ftpd/ftpservers DESCRIPTION
The ftpservers file is used to configure complete virtual hosting. In contrast to limited virtual hosting, complete virtual hosting allows separate configuration files to be specified for each virtual host. The set of configuration files for each virtual host are placed in their own directory. The ftpservers file associates the address of each virtual host with the directory its configuration files are stored in. The virtual host configuration files must be named: ftpaccess Virtual host's access file ftpusers Restricts the accounts that can use the virtual host ftpgroups Virtual hosts enhanced group access file ftphosts Allow or deny usernames access to the virtual host ftpconversions Customize conversions available from the virtual host You do not need to put every file in each virtual host directory. If you want a virtual host to use the master copy of a file, then do not include it in the virtual host directory. If the file is not included, the master copy from the /etc/ftpd directory will be used. The file names must match exactly. If you misspell any of them or name them differently, the server will not find them, and the server will use the master copy instead. The ftpaddhost utility is an administrative tool to configure virtual hosts. See ftpaddhost(1M). File Format There are two fields to each entry in the ftpservers file: address directory-containing-configuration-files For example: 10.196.145.10 /etc/ftpd/virtual-ftpd/10.196.145.10 10.196.145.200 /etc/ftpd//virtual-ftpd/10.196.145.200 some.domain INTERNAL When an FTP client connects to the FTP Server, in.ftpd(1M) tries to match the IP address to which the FTP client connected with one found in the ftpservers file. The address can be an IPv4 or IPv6 address, or a hostname. If a match is found, The FTP server uses any configuration files found in the associated directory. If a match is not found, or an invalid directory path is encountered, the default paths to the configuration files are used. The use of INTERNAL in the example above fails the check for a specific directory, and the master configuration files will be used. Either the actual IP address or a specific hostname can be used to specify the virtual host. It is better to specify the actual IP of the virtual host, as it reduces the need for a domain lookup and eliminates DNS security related naming issues, for example: 10.196.145.20 /etc/ftpd/config/faqs.org/ ftp.some.domain /etc/ftpd/config/faqs.org/ Lines that begin with a # sign are treated as comment lines and are ignored. FILES
/etc/ftpd/ftpservers ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWftpr | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ftpaddhost(1M), in.ftpd(1M), ftpaccess(4), ftpconversions(4), ftpgroups(4), ftphosts(4), ftpusers(4), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 1 May 2003 ftpservers(4)