Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers allocate memory for a shell script at runtime--urgent critical help!!! Post 302204694 by aixjadoo on Thursday 12th of June 2008 09:22:48 AM
Old 06-12-2008
allocate memory for a shell script at runtime--urgent critical help!!!

How to allocate memory for a shell script on aix box at the time of execution i.e at runtime
Are there any commands for AIX in specific

Thanks in Advance

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

how allocate virtual memory

Hi Folks can any body suggest how to allocate virtual memory any function for that (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: munnu
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

unable to allocate enough memory

On SunOS 5.8 I get an error when starting a large Java process with over 2Gb memory. Error occurred during initialization of VM Could not reserve enough space for object heap When stopping several other Java processes we can start this process. This seems to indicate that we don't have... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: rein
11 Replies

3. AIX

allocate memory for shell script at runtime during execution--urgent critical help!!

How to allocate memory for a shell script on aix box at the time of execution i.e at runtime Are there any commands for AIX in specific Thanks in Advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aixjadoo
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Allocate memory for a shell script in Aix at runtime-urgent critical

How to allocate memory for a shell script on aix box at the time of execution i.e at runtime Are there any commands for AIX in specific Thanks in Advance (1 Reply)
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Shell script failing to read large Xml record-urgent critical help

Hi All, I have shell script running on AIX 5.3 box. It has 7 to 8 "sed" commands piped(|) together. It has a an Xml file as its input which has many records internally. There are certain record which which have more than hundered tags.The script is taking a huge amount of time more than 1.5 hrs... (10 Replies)
10 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to allocate memory

Hi, I have 2 systems with same hardware and software. One system is giving me error "Error occurred during initialization of VM Could not reserve enough space for object " when I tried to increase JBoss App's heap size to 2GB while the other system is running fine without any issue. Is there... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi3553
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Oracle how many memory allocate really

hi... i want to find oracle allocate how many memory really.. i execute this code to list memory on unix system : ps -eo pmem,args | sort -k 1 -r -n outputs ; %mem command 12.9|ora_smon_RTX 12.9|ora_s000_RTX 12.9|ora_reco_RTX 12.9|ora_qmnc_RTX... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: utoptas
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

"Cannot allocate memory" error when run from script

hi in my application there is a line with open(/dev/mydevice,0); it work good when it run manually, but when try to run it within script /////////////////////////////////////////// #!/bin/sh ./device_test 0 0 0 1 1 1 0 0 1 ///////////////////////////////////////// I receive 'Failed... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: majeed
3 Replies

9. Programming

How to allocate memory to a string in C?

hi I want to take string as a input from user and the string is very very length. From the lengthy string i have to substring take first 16 letters, then next 8 letters,................... Please guide me how to write program to take lengthy string from user and sub string it. Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: atharalikhan
4 Replies

10. Solaris

unable to allocate enough memory

On SunOS 10 get an error when starting a large Java process with over 2Gb memory. Error occurred during initialization of VM Could not reserve enough space for object heap i have 32G memory !! , swap = 31G Please any advice !!! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: moata_u
3 Replies
SCRIPT(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 SCRIPT(1)

NAME
script -- make typescript of terminal session SYNOPSIS
script [-a] [-k] [-q] [-t time] [file [command ...]] DESCRIPTION
The script utility makes a typescript of everything printed on your terminal. It is useful for students who need a hardcopy record of an interactive session as proof of an assignment, as the typescript file can be printed out later with lpr(1). If the argument file is given, script saves all dialogue in file. If no file name is given, the typescript is saved in the file typescript. If the argument command ... is given, script will run the specified command with an optional argument vector instead of an interactive shell. Options: -a Append the output to file or typescript, retaining the prior contents. -k Log keys sent to program as well as output. -q Run in quiet mode, omit the start and stop status messages. -t time Specify time interval between flushing script output file. A value of 0 causes script to flush for every character I/O event. The default interval is 30 seconds. The script ends when the forked shell (or command) exits (a control-D to exit the Bourne shell (sh(1)), and exit, logout or control-d (if ignoreeof is not set) for the C-shell, csh(1)). Certain interactive commands, such as vi(1), create garbage in the typescript file. The script utility works best with commands that do not manipulate the screen. The results are meant to emulate a hardcopy terminal, not an addressable one. ENVIRONMENT
The following environment variable is utilized by script: SHELL If the variable SHELL exists, the shell forked by script will be that shell. If SHELL is not set, the Bourne shell is assumed. (Most shells set this variable automatically). SEE ALSO
csh(1) (for the history mechanism). HISTORY
The script command appeared in 3.0BSD. BUGS
The script utility places everything in the log file, including linefeeds and backspaces. This is not what the naive user expects. It is not possible to specify a command without also naming the script file because of argument parsing compatibility issues. When running in -k mode, echo cancelling is far from ideal. The slave terminal mode is checked for ECHO mode to check when to avoid manual echo logging. This does not work when in a raw mode where the program being run is doing manual echo. BSD
June 6, 1993 BSD