Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Using SED to substitute between two patterns. Post 302204047 by Steve_altius on Tuesday 10th of June 2008 12:03:25 PM
Old 06-10-2008
Fantastic. That works a treat. I've not thought about using Perl before. Perhaps it's time I took a look at it!

Thanks for your help.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed substitute situation

I am having a problem executing a sed substitute in a file. I have tried alot of different things I found in previous posts, however non seem to work. I want to substitute this in $FILE: VALUE=33.4 In the script I have tried the following: prev=$(awk -F"=" '{ print $2 }' $FILE ) new=$(echo... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbreed1
16 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed to substitute first occurrence

I am trying to get rid of some ending tags but I run into some problems. Ex. How are you?</EndTag><Begin>It is fine.</Begin><New> Just about I am trying to get rid of the ending tags, starts with </ and ending with >. (which is </EndTag> and </Begin>) I tried the following sed... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: quixoticking11
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using sed to substitute between quotes.

I'm using sed to perform a simply search and replace. The typical data is: <fig><image href="Graphics/BAV.gif" align="left" placement="break" I need to replace the value in the first set of quotes, keeping the remainder of the line the same. Thus: <fig><image href="NEW_VALUE" align="left"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Steve_altius
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed question to substitute data in \2

Hi All, Here is what I'm trying to do with sed: Input File: somechangeVariable1=Something I would like to change somechangeVariable2=Something else I would like to change ... Output File: somechangeVariable1=Something I would like to different somechangeVariable2=Something else I would... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Peace_Dude1
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to substitute filepaths with sed or awk?

I am having the following problem. I am having a lot of files (test_1_01.hea, test_1_02.hea, etc) with the content: project_directory /net/1/d_1/5/ tmp_directory /net/1/d_1/5/ material_directory /net/1/d_1/5/ And I have to substitute the filepaths with new counted ones where the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ergy1983
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

using sed or gsub to substitute characters!

Is there a way to substitute the URL-encoding references of ( & and ` ) with their actual appearance? for example.... %26 is & say I want to convert every %26 in my file to &..... awk '{gsub(/%26/,"&");print}' Is there a way to do this? I also want to be able to convert ` too! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: puttster
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to substitute variable in sed for special character?

Hi , I have input file like below Hi this is "vinoth". Hi happy to work with 'unix' USA(united states of America) My script variables are below : Dquote=Ộ Squote=&#$567 Obrac=&^986 Cbrac=&^745 I want to read the variables in my SED command to replace the double quote,single... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinothsekark
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed substitute command -- need help

I am trying to do what I thought should be a simple substitution, but I can't get it to work. File: Desire output: I thought I'd start with a sed command to remove the part of the header line preceding the string "comp", then go on to remove the suffix of the target string (e.g. ":3-509(-)"),... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pathunkathunk
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

[sed]: Substitute a string with a multiline value

Dear all, I try to replace a string of characters in a file (MyFile.txt) by a multiline value of the variable "Myvar": $ cat MyFile.txt DESCRIPTION '@TargetTable SCHEMA' ( @InputFlowDef ); $ The content of Myvar: $ echo "$Myvar" col1 , col2 , col3 $ (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dae
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Substitute a character with sed

hi all, i'd like to modify a file with sed , i want to substuite a char "-" with "/" how can i do this? Thanks for all regards Francesco (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Francesco_IT
16 Replies
Moose::Cookbook::Meta::WhyMeta(3)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			 Moose::Cookbook::Meta::WhyMeta(3)

NAME
Moose::Cookbook::Meta::WhyMeta - Welcome to the meta world (Why Go Meta?) VERSION
version 2.1202 SUMMARY
You might want to read Moose::Manual::MOP if you haven't done so yet. If you've ever thought "Moose is great, but I wish it did X differently", then you've gone meta. The meta recipes demonstrate how to change and extend the way Moose works by extending and overriding how the meta classes (Moose::Meta::Class, Moose::Meta::Attribute, etc) work. The metaclass API is a set of classes that describe classes, roles, attributes, etc. The metaclass API lets you ask questions about a class, like "what attributes does it have?", or "what roles does the class do?" The metaclass system also lets you make changes to a class, for example by adding new methods or attributes. The interface presented by Moose.pm ("has", "with", "extends") is just a thin layer of syntactic sugar over the underlying metaclass system. By extending and changing how this metaclass system works, you can create your own Moose variant. Examples Let's say that you want to add additional properties to attributes. Specifically, we want to add a "label" property to each attribute, so we can write "My::Class->meta()->get_attribute('size')->label()". The first recipe shows how to do this using an attribute trait. You might also want to add additional properties to your metaclass. For example, if you were writing an ORM based on Moose, you could associate a table name with each class via the class's metaclass object, letting you write "My::Class->meta()->table_name()". SEE ALSO
Many of the MooseX modules on CPAN implement metaclass extensions. A couple good examples include MooseX::Aliases and MooseX::UndefTolerant. For a more complex example see Fey::ORM or Bread::Board::Declare. AUTHORS
o Stevan Little <stevan.little@iinteractive.com> o Dave Rolsky <autarch@urth.org> o Jesse Luehrs <doy@tozt.net> o Shawn M Moore <code@sartak.org> o XXXX XXX'XX (Yuval Kogman) <nothingmuch@woobling.org> o Karen Etheridge <ether@cpan.org> o Florian Ragwitz <rafl@debian.org> o Hans Dieter Pearcey <hdp@weftsoar.net> o Chris Prather <chris@prather.org> o Matt S Trout <mst@shadowcat.co.uk> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This software is copyright (c) 2006 by Infinity Interactive, Inc.. This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as the Perl 5 programming language system itself. perl v5.18.2 2014-01-19 Moose::Cookbook::Meta::WhyMeta(3)