Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to create new partitions in solaris,from the raw disk? Post 302202768 by wrapster on Thursday 5th of June 2008 02:43:34 PM
Old 06-05-2008
Oh, i regret my mistake...

I have a 250G Hd,
i had windows installed which occupied some 10G, but i dont have it anymore...
Earlier i had installed solaris and i thought i might use windows, so only allocated 60G for it...
But now i feel i can run windows on Virtualbox , so i am planning on formatting the remaining part of my HD and use it for solaris itself....

Could you now tell me how i need to go about it....

PS:windows is no more existing on my system, id rather have it on Vbox

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

raw partitions

i want to know, how do i to create a rwa partttions in unixware 7 wit raid 5 best regards felix arteaga (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: farteaga
1 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Problem setting up raw partitions on SUSE v8.0 using LVM on Oracle 8.1.7.URGENT!!!!!!

Hi all! Working on Oracle v8.1.7.0.0 with OS  as Suse v8.0 Linux. I had created LVM,linked raw devices to LVM as below: # for binding raw devices raw /dev/raw/raw1 /dev/oracle/sam_raw_system_251m raw /dev/raw/raw2 /dev/oracle/sam_raw_users_26m raw /dev/raw/raw3... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amitstora
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Reading raw disk on Solaris

Hello I wonder if someone could help me in reading a raw (non-Solaris) disk on a Solaris system... I have an IDE HDD in my Sun Blade and would like to read it (using C). It appears on the system and with the format command shows up as c0t1d0. I use the dd command to read the disk as such:... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: son_t
19 Replies

4. SCO

create disk partitions in sco

i have one 9 gb hdd having root 2 gb fs now i want to create additional 1gb fs in remaining space unix partation created in entired 9gb thanx (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sudhir69
1 Replies

5. Solaris

How to create more partitions in x86 Solaris?

Friends, I have an 80 GB IDE hard disk on which I installed Solaris 10, the layout being Total size of the partition being 30 GB c0d0s0 = / directory = 15 GB c0d0s1 = swap file system = 1 GB c0d0s7 = /export/home directory = 1GB c0d0s8= boot c0d0s9 = alternates ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saagar
3 Replies

6. Solaris

How to create mirror disk in solaris machine?

hi, I'm newbie in Solaris 10. can someone explain me the steps of how to create mirror disk in Solaris machine. thanks in advance (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wong_Cilacap
5 Replies

7. Solaris

Create a boot disk mirror on Solaris 10 x86

I’m setting up a boot disk mirror on Solaris 10 x86. I’m used to doing it on SPARC, where you can copy the partition table using fmthard. My x86 boot disk has 2 primary partitions, a Solaris one and a diagnostic one. Is there a way to copy those 2 primary partitions to the second disk without... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: TKD
6 Replies

8. Solaris

Convert from raw disk to solaris volume manager disk

I have a solaris 10 system configured using NetApp as its storage, and the file systems are already configured as you can see from the example below: root@moneta # df -h Filesystem size used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/md/dsk/d0 9.8G 513M 9.3G 6% / ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
0 Replies

9. Solaris

Convert from raw disk to solaris volume manager disk

I have a solaris 10 system configured using NetApp as its storage, and the file systems are already configured as you can see from the example below: root@moneta # df -h Filesystem size used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/md/dsk/d0 9.8G 513M 9.3G 6% /... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
4 Replies

10. Solaris

SVM RAID5: Can an app access raw partitions?

I am using Solaris 9 (Sparc based) with Sybase and a proprietary DB application that works with Sybase. In the past we have not used SVM or any RAID config. The DBs were configured such that each DB had its own partition. Now I would like to setup a new machine with the DBs on a RAID5 config... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DavidC_SysEngr
1 Replies
WinCommand(1x)						   AfterStep X11 window manager 					    WinCommand(1x)

NAME
WinCommand - AfterStep module for choosing and manipulating windows based on patterns CONFIGURATION OPTIONS
DESCRIPTION
WinCommand is a command line tool which allows you to select windows based on their name and to then manipulate them in various ways. Actions currently supported are: "center", "center jump", "iconify", "jump", "kill", "move", "resize" and "sendtodesk". DEFAULTS
The default pattern is "", meaning all windows will be selected. All other default-values depend on the action you would like WinCommand to take. If more than one action is specified, default-values are set depending on the last action specified. ACTIONS
center Place matching windows into the center of the screen. center jump: Places first window that matches into the center of the screen and jumps to it. iconify: Iconifies matching windows. jump: Jumps to the first window which matches. kill: Kills all matching windows. move: Moves all matching windows to x/y. x and y are specified using the -x and -y flags. resize: Resize all matching windows. The two parameters width and height are specified using the -width and -height flags. send_to_desk: Send all matching windows to desk specified with the -new_desk flag. OPTIONS
-all Operate on all windows which match the given pattern. This is set by default unless the action is either "jump" or "center jump". -alldesks Windows on all desks will be taken into account. This is set by default if action is either "jump" or "center jump". -desk Windows on the whole desk will be taken into account. -x/-y These are required when issuing the move-command. -width/-height These are required whenever you want to resize windows. Examples WinCommand -pattern term iconify This command will iconify all terminals. Since the specified pattern is a regular expression, something like this also works: WinCommand -pattern "(term)|(moz)" iconify This will iconify all terminals and mozilla-browser windows. WinCommand -pattern xmm jump will jump to your xmms. In this situation, it's far more advisable to use GWCommand though. It is probably not a good idea to delete windows while windows are being arranged. 3rd Berkeley Distribution AfterStep v.2.2.11 WinCommand(1x)