Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions Windows services for unix - How do I run in batch Post 302202706 by fabtagon on Thursday 5th of June 2008 12:29:07 PM
Old 06-05-2008
Windows does not actually execute 'the script'. Files ending on .ksh are only declared to be opened with ksh which has the same effect, but will hurt you in case you don't mind about that and try scheduled execution.

Add 'ksh c:\where\my\program\is.ksh' to scheduled execution instead of the script itsself (as its not executable by itsself).

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

How do you run Unix on top of Windows?

Okay, so here's my dealio. I have a (rather old) system that runs Windows 98 Second Edition. What i wanna do is be able to run Unix from it. My question is, how do you do that? A friend told me that when you boot up, the computer will ask you which OS you want to run. I'm really not quite clear on... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DarkAngel
3 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Windows Services for UNIX

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/sfu/ Download Windows Services for UNIX 3.5 (it is Free!) Did anyone use it? What can be ran? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: eugrus
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I run scripts in my unix account from batch file in Windows?

Hi all, I'm working on Windows, connecting to my Unix account by different ways: by FTP opening files in UltraEdit32, by mapping drive to browse, by Exceed or Telnet to compile at Unix account. Actually, that is what I would like to change: I'd like to make a batch file which would connect to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: olgafb
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to write a Script to run series of batch jobs on unix platform

Im new to unix shell scripting, I have to run batch jobs on unix. for example i have 5 jobs. first 2 can kickoff parallely. after completely finishing the 2 previous jobs the 3 job should kick off..once 3rd is over 4 th and 5th can kick off parallely. Each jobs run for 1 or 2 hours each. How to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: venki311
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can I run unix in the same partition with windows?

Can I run unix in the same partition with windows xp? Because I have one for now.. Thank you for answers. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: olddays
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing Windows batch file from UNIX

Hi everyone, let me get straight to the points. My manager wants to execute a remote batch file (on a Windows server) from a UNIX Machine, does anyone know if this is possible and what packages would be needed? Thanks p.s. Sorry i cant give OS specifics, we use most UNIX's; AIX, Solaris,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: flip387
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Batch job in unix server to move the pdf file from unix to windows.

Hi Experts, I have a requirement where i need to setup a batch job which runs everymonth and move the pdf files from unix server to windows servers. Could some body provide the inputs for this. and also please provide the inputs on how to map the network dirve in the unix like that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ger199901
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

Unix services for windows & Linux\Red Hat

I am not too familiar with linux, so please keep that in mind while reading this post. We have a few linux servers joined to the domain, and linux services for windows running. I have a user that can connect to one linux server, but not another. I ran the cat /etc/passwrd and noticed the user... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dcatcha
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Windows Batch script for Unix commands

I wish to create a folder on a unix server B from my windows box using windows batch script. Below is my windows batch script. @ ECHO OFF ::Enter your Directory name: echo Enter your Directory name: set /p mydir= plink user1@ServerA mkdir %mydir% At plink command i get logged... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

To run a shell script in remote server from windows batch file

Hi all, i need to run a shell script on remote server. I have created file .bat file in windows server with following code, c:\Users\Desktop\putty.exe -ssh -pw password user@server ./script.sh i need to run the script.sh in my remote server Above command is not working, any... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rammm
4 Replies
suspend(1)							   User Commands							suspend(1)

NAME
suspend - shell built-in function to halt the current shell SYNOPSIS
sh suspend csh suspend ksh suspend DESCRIPTION
sh Stops the execution of the current shell (but not if it is the login shell). csh Stop the shell in its tracks, much as if it had been sent a stop signal with ^Z. This is most often used to stop shells started by su. ksh Stops the execution of the current shell (but not if it is the login shell). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
csh(1), kill(1), ksh(1), sh(1), su(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 15 Apr 1994 suspend(1)