Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers FTP from PC to VM running RHEL5 / RHEL4 Post 302202346 by reborg on Wednesday 4th of June 2008 03:10:36 PM
Old 06-04-2008
You might have no ftp daemon installed in the VMs.

When you log into a vm what do you get for

Code:
rpm -qa | grep ftp

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

telnet, ftp is running but can't connect from outside

Yesterday, I and all my users couldn't connect to my server using ssh, telnet or ftp even though they were running (keep getting "connection timed out" error message). This morning, my partner logon from the main console, restarted sshd and xinetd (I belive he didnt restarted the server), now I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Micz
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH, FTP running a set number at a time?

At work we have a script that pulls a file from a list of remote sites every 10 min. Currently it only does this ftp one sites at a time and this process takes up to 8 minutes to complete. I want to have this list of 24 sites and be able to run the ftp from up to 2 sites on the list at a time. I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kofs79
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running a script for every ftp session

Hello all, I have written a shell script which would prompt the user to enter some name and a folder would be created by that name. This script should run automatically when the users provide there credentials during a FTP session and for every FTP session. And after they have provided there... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: h3llh0l3
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

running script in ftp session

Dear Friends, I have this script CAP2_Launcher on suntest server. this script needs two input files in order to process them and produces an output files. I've created .bat file from windows to access the server and transfer the input files needed by the script and execute the script then pull... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sfaqih
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp script is not running from CRON

Hi I have an FTP script, which ftp's the files from one unix box to another box. It works from the command when I Issue > ksh ftp.ksh when I schedule it in CRON, it is not being executed automatically. Any thoughts please Thanks Ravi. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi.balley
4 Replies

6. Red Hat

Update for RHEL4

Hi Everybody, I have some RHEL4 and RHEL5 machines, whenever i check for new updates on RHEL4 with up2date, it shows me the update which is for RHEL5 machine and not for RHEL4 machine.On the other RHEL4 machine it shows the correct update (which is for RHEL4) So i am not able to update it. Can... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: laxmikant
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

Unable to install RHEL4 OR 5

hello newbie trying to install neither rhel4 or 5 on Proliant ML150 G6 i have configured the RAID on 1+0 the RAID controller of this sistem is HP SmartArray P410 have downloaded the driver disc from hp and executed the commands as the web page indicate gunzip... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: _polken_
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp and running a script

Hi, I want to write a script that can connect from server A to server B .. so i need the following 1. sftp to server B 2. pull some files out from server B using an existing script in server A Can I do that? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arex876
3 Replies

9. Solaris

compatibility of solaris2.7 and rhel4

my office system having solaris 2.7 server with some workstation with solaris and some linux rhel4. is it possible to change workstation of solaris platform to linux rhel4 platform. wheather the application running on solaris can be run on rhel platform? anyone can give some idea about the same.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prabir
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

running a script in a ftp session

Hi guys, I am using a script that run ftp and transfer file from my source server to the destination server. Since i have transferred my files to the destination server, now i want to run a script at the destination server. Could you please help me regarding how to run a script in a ftp... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaituteja
7 Replies
SIMPLEFTP(1)						    InterNetNews Documentation						      SIMPLEFTP(1)

NAME
simpleftp - Rudimentary FTP client SYNOPSIS
simpleftp url [...] DESCRIPTION
simpleftp is a Perl script that provides basic support for fetching files with FTP in a batch oriented fashion. It takes one or more FTP URLs on the command line. The file(s) will be retrieved from the remote server and placed in the current directory with the same basename as on the remote; e.g., <ftp://ftp.isc.org/pub/usenet/CONFIG/active.gz> is stored as active.gz in the current directory. The script properly understands usernames, passwords and ports specified as follows: ftp://user:password@host:port/path/file BUGS
simpleftp is an extremely poor substitute for more complete programs like the freely available wget or ncftp utilities. It was written only to provide elementary support in INN for non-interactive fetching of the files in <ftp://ftp.isc.org/pub/pgpcontrol/> or <ftp://ftp.isc.org/pub/usenet/CONFIG/> without requiring administrators to install yet another package. Its shortcomings as a general purpose program are too numerous to mention, but one that stands out is that downloaded files by simpleftp override existing files with the same name in the local directory. HISTORY
Tossed off by David C Lawrence <tale@isc.org> for InterNetNews. Rewritten to use "Net::FTP" by Julien Elie. $Id: simpleftp.pod 8357 2009-02-27 17:56:00Z iulius $ SEE ALSO
actsync(8). INN 2.5.2 2009-05-21 SIMPLEFTP(1)