Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Squid+DNS
Operating Systems Linux Squid+DNS Post 302201457 by andryk on Monday 2nd of June 2008 09:30:16 AM
Old 06-02-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfer24
Dear All

I have Squid 2.6 running on RHEL4. Actually we have our companys portal and Sun communication suit for Mail Service. Squid uses live DNS for resolving sites. I want to resolve Intranet address without by passing the proxy in the browser. I mean every user have to by pass proxy in the browser to open the company's e.g mail.abc.com. I need to know how our users can resolve local address with out by passing the proxy. Is it possible with Squid or Linux IPtables. Any assistance will by highly appreciable.

Regards
Iftikhar
Hi,
Here's what i would do, not sure if it will do the trick though Smilie:
- in your /etc/nsswitch.conf at the line beginning with hosts: put "files" before the word dns if its not already there
- add all your intranet addresses in /etc/hosts
You may need to restart squid, hope this helps ...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Solaris DNS Client For Microsoft DNS Server

hey guys, how to add soalris box as a microsoft DNS Client ? and how to register in the microsoft DNS ?? i managed to query from the DNS server after adding /etc/resolve.conf and editing /etc/nsswitch.conf but i need to register the soalris server (dns Client) into Microsoft DNS automatically.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mduweik
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Squid dns

Hi Guys I have a squid proxy server. I have some settings in the no proxy for exclusions on 700 client machines using firefox. I need to add to this exclusion but instead of changing 700 machines settings, is there anyway you can allow the squid server to handle this. I have gone into the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: beardiebeardie
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Squid Error

Hi all , i m getting below error in access.log while running skype application on linux. Proxy packages : Squid redirected through SquidGuard with LDAP auth. system : Ubuntu 6.06 Firewall : pf 227032649.603 0 system_IP_add TCP_DENIED/407 1802 GET... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jagnikam
0 Replies

4. Web Development

Need help for Configuring Squid-2.6

Hi, Previously I was using squid-2.5 accelerated but due to link breaking issue, I have upgraded it to 2.6 but i am unable to configure it with accelerated support. Kindly help me to make it accelerated proxy server. My 2.6 squid.conf : ##################################################... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jagnikam
0 Replies

5. Linux

caching in squid

hi, i installed fedora core 12, and i installed squid v 3, i need to know how can i cache everything. anyone can help me please (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zazoo
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

DNS server choice: Windows DNS vs Linux BIND

I'd like to get some opnions on choosing DNS server: Windows DNS vs Linux BIND comparrsion: 1) managment, easy of use 2) Security 3) features 4) peformance 5) ?? I personally prefer Windows DNS server for management, it supports GUI and command line. But I am not sure about security... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: honglus
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

DNS A-Record point to another DNS

Hi, I have a question on how to point the DNS server-1's A-record to second DNS server, which is DNS server-2. So, the computer can access other domain which only listed in the DNS server-2. The scenario is as follow: http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/6333/12234.png How to configure this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Paris Heng
4 Replies

8. Red Hat

DHCP & DNS - Clients get IP but don't register in DNS

I am trying to setup a CentOS 6.2 server that will be doing 3 things DHCP, DNS & Samba for a very small office (2 users). The idea being this will replace a very old Win2k server. The users are all windows based clients so only the server will be Linux based. I've installed CentOS 6.2 with... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: FireBIade
4 Replies

9. IP Networking

Squid vs iptables = no Squid access.log?

Hello, I have a pretty useless satellite link at home (far from any civilization), so I wanted to set up caching in order to speed things up. My Squid 2.6 runs "3128 transparent" and is set up quite well on a separate machine. I also have my dd-wrt router to move all port 80 traffic through... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: theWojtek
0 Replies

10. Solaris

DNS client added to DNS server but not working

Hi, We have built a new server (RHEL VM)and added that IP/hostname into dns zone configs file on DNS server (Solaris 10). Reloaded the configuration using and added nameserver into resolv.conf on client. But when I am trying nslookup, its not getting resolved. The nameserver is not able to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
8 Replies
cachemgr.cgi(8) 					      System Manager's Manual						   cachemgr.cgi(8)

NAME
cachemgr.cgi - squid HTTP proxy manager interface SYNOPSIS
http://your.server/cgi-bin/cachemgr.cgi DESCRIPTION
The cache manager (cachemgr.cgi) is a CGI utility for displaying statistics about the Squid HTTP proxy process as it runs. The cache man- ager is a convenient way to manage the cache and view statistics without logging into the server. FILES
./cachemgr.conf @DEFAULT_CACHEMGR_CONFIG@ The access configuration file defining which Squid servers may be managed via this cachemgr.cgi program. Each line specifies a server:port followed by an optional description The server name may contain shell wildcard characters such as *, [] etc. A quick selection dropdown menu is automatically con- structed from the simple server names. Specifying :port is optional. If not specified then the default proxy port is assumed. :* or :any matches any port on the target server. SECURITY
cachemgr.cgi calls the requested server on the requested port using HTTP and returns a formatted version of the response. To avoid abuse it is recommended to configure your web server to restrict access to the cachemgr.cgi program. Configuration examples for many common web servers can be found in the Squid FAQ. SEE ALSO
squid(8) The Squid FAQ, Chapter 9 The Cache Manager Squid Web Proxy 3.1.20 cachemgr.cgi(8)