Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting let curl output to stdout AND save to a file Post 302201075 by cbkihong on Friday 30th of May 2008 11:25:39 PM
Old 05-31-2008
Does "tee" work for you?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

terminal output - save to file?

I have a window open on my ultra 10 - a terminal window connecting to a server. Is there any way I can log all output to this window to a log file on my ultra 10 ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dual output (stdout and file)

Hello everybody, Is there a more elegant way to make dual output (display on standard output and append to a file) while I'm executing a shell script, besides duplicating the echo command for every string? echo "Message..." > 1 echo "Message..." >> myfile.out Thank you for your time,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AdrianM
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting cURL to output verbose to a file

This is about to drive me crazy. What I want to do is simple: output ALL the verbose information from curl to a file I have read the manual, tried several options and searched this forum but no salvation... I'm using curl -k -Q "command" --user user:passwd --ftp-pasv --ftp-ssl -v... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: caramandi
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Save cURL verbose output to file or do it like browser "save as.."

hi there ! i have exactly the same problem like this guy here https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/127668-getting-curl-output-verbose-file.html i am not able to save the curl verbose output.. the sollution in this thread (redirecting stderr to a file) does not work for me.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: crabmeat
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using cURL to save online search results

Hi, I'm attacking this from ignorance because I am not sure how to even ask the question. Here is the mission: I have a list of about 4,000 telephone numbers for past customers. I need to determine how many of these customers are still in business. Obviously, I could call all the numbers.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jccbin
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

File descriptors, redirecting output, and stdout

Hello all. I've been lurking here for a year or two and finally decided to post. I need some assistance with file descriptors, stdout, and redirecting output. I've searched through a number of very helpful threads here (unfortunately I can't link to any of them yet due to my low post count...),... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Michael_K
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Save output to file - inside a script ?

I'm using the following script to check cisco router health and I'd like to save output to a file, vty_runcmd.sh > /check/check-cisco-health script works and output is saved to a file. However using it in crontab file is created but output is not printed inside it. In crontab, */5 * * * *... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: marmellata
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Save output into file bash scripting

Hi there. i have created a program that in the end it will give output like this 1 2 3 4 5 10 9 8 7 6 11 12 13 14 15 .............. 17 i wonder how to save the output into a single string and into a file. i.e 1 10 11 12 9 2 3 8 13 14 7 4 5 6 15 17 (in this order,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shdin271
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Save value from output of Corestat and save in a list for each core

I am trying to modify the "corestat v1.1" code which is in Perl.The typical output of this code is below: Core Utilization CoreId %Usr %Sys %Total ------ ----- ----- ------ 5 4.91 0.01 4.92 6 0.06 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zam_1234
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Output of until to file versus stdout

Why does this until false; do history | head -5; done result in a stdout infinite loop, yet until false; do history | head -5 > hist5; done only writes it once to file hist5? Furthermore, I can hear the hard drive working on the 2nd command until I end the process, but the history | head -5 is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Xubuntu56
1 Replies
TEE(1)								   User Commands							    TEE(1)

NAME
tee - read from standard input and write to standard output and files SYNOPSIS
tee [OPTION]... [FILE]... DESCRIPTION
Copy standard input to each FILE, and also to standard output. -a, --append append to the given FILEs, do not overwrite -i, --ignore-interrupts ignore interrupt signals --help display this help and exit --version output version information and exit If a FILE is -, copy again to standard output. AUTHOR
Written by Mike Parker, Richard M. Stallman, and David MacKenzie. REPORTING BUGS
Report tee bugs to bug-coreutils@gnu.org GNU coreutils home page: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/> General help using GNU software: <http://www.gnu.org/gethelp/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2009 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>. This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for tee is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and tee programs are properly installed at your site, the command info coreutils 'tee invocation' should give you access to the complete manual. GNU coreutils 7.1 July 2010 TEE(1)