Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: send mail from sun box 8
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users send mail from sun box 8 Post 302200831 by saisivakumar on Friday 30th of May 2008 07:07:49 AM
Old 05-30-2008
send mail from sun box 8

Hi experts,

I need to send email form my sun box but i unable to send?

1) What Basic setting i have to check?
2) We have DNS server running on other system (ISP-DNS 202.62.64.3,Primary-DNS 192.168.10.4 slave-DNS 192.168.10.1)
3) what Files need to be check, what files need to be created.

thanks
Help me pls.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Benchmarks

move from an HP box to Sun Box

I could write a long spec here, however.....we are looking at investing in one of thise shiny blue Sun V440's. Rediculousely expensive, however possibly more cost effective over time...too much time listening to salesmen. To the point has anyone actually performed a comparison for Oracle running on... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: luker
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

difference between AIX box and Sun Solaris box

Hi, I need a clarification. Is there any difference between AIX box and Sun Solaris box? The bzip command with -c option works in AIX box and the same does not work in Sun Solaris box. Can anyone please explain if there is an implementation difference in both these boxes for the shell... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nisha4680
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to send mail, on sun solaris

hi experts, I m new to the sun solaris. on our OS (sun solaris 5.8) i m trying to send mail but i not getting any mail, i have tried doing following . $mailx -s "Test" sivakumars@kesd.com But no response there no error also... pls let me know: 1) How can test sending mail through... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saisivakumar
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix script to check if rsh to box and send status mail

rshstatus=`rsh -n lilo /db/p2/oracle/names9208/restart_names.sh` if $rshstatus <>0 then errstatus=1 mailx -s "xirsol8dr" ordba@xxx.com >> $log_dr else if errstatus=0 echo "status to xirsol8dr successful" can anyone provide if this is t he correct way to do this or is there a better way? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bpm12
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to send mail from Sun OS 5.10 version?

hi I am trying to send an email from Sun OS 5.10 version. I have tried with the following commands, but none of them are working. The machine hangs after i issue the command. Then, I have to kill the process to get back the command prompt. Can anyone look into this and guide me? Do I have... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ss3944
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to send html file in a mail not as an attachment but it should display in the mail in table for

Hi The below script working when we are sending the html as attachment can u please guide how to send thesmae data in table form direct in the mail and not in mail attachment . cat Employee.sql SET VERIFY OFF SET PAGESIZE 200 SET MARKUP HTML ON SPOOL ON PREFORMAT OFF ENTMAP ON - HEAD... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mani_isha
0 Replies

7. Red Hat

Send mail from redhat box to exchange server

we have an exchange server in company as excmailbocx.company.com i wanna send mail using sendmail from redhat to my exchange mail account how can it be possible? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: oguzhantrg
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

need to configure mail setting to send mail to outlook mail server

i have sun machines having solaris 9 & 10 OS . Now i need to send mail from the machines to my outlook account . I have the ip adress of OUTLOOK mail server. Now what are the setting i need to do in solaris machines so that i can use mailx or sendmail. actually i am trying to automate the high... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitranjansahu
2 Replies

9. Ubuntu

Not able to send mail out of UbuntuBox in send mail

Hi Guys.. yesterday i purchased a VPS server and installed sendmail on ubuntu 12.4 with Webmin & Apache runing webserver problem is.. i can send mail via webmin user interface account to anybody to out side to any domain and able to recieve any mail from any domain.. Now main... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmdman
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Client was not authenticated to send anonymous mail during MAIL FROM (in reply to MAIL FROM comm

I am having trouble getting mail to work on a red hat server. At first I was getting this message. Diagnostic-Code: X-Postfix; delivery temporarily suspended: connect to :25: Connection refused Then added the port to my firewall. Then I temporarily turned off selinux. I then copied this file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cokedude
1 Replies
Net::DNS::Mailbox(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      Net::DNS::Mailbox(3)

NAME
Net::DNS::Mailbox - DNS mailbox representation SYNOPSIS
use Net::DNS::Mailbox; $mailbox = new Net::DNS::Mailbox('user@example.com'); $address = $mailbox->address; DESCRIPTION
The Net::DNS::Mailbox module implements a subclass of DNS domain name objects representing the DNS coded form of RFC822 mailbox address. METHODS
new $mailbox = new Net::DNS::Mailbox('John.Doe@example.com'); $mailbox = new Net::DNS::Mailbox('John Doe <j.doe@example.com>'); Creates a mailbox object which represents the DNS domain encoded form of the mail address specified by the character string argument. The argument string consists of printable characters from the 7-bit ASCII repertoire. address $address = $mailbox->address; Returns a character string corresponding to the RFC822 form of mailbox address of the domain as described in RFC1035 section 8. The string consists of printable characters from the 7-bit ASCII repertoire. DOMAIN NAME COMPRESSION AND CANONICALISATION
The Net::DNS::Mailbox1035 and Net::DNS::Mailbox2535 subclass packages implement RFC1035 domain name compression and RFC2535 canonicalisation. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c)2009,2010 Dick Franks. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you may redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
perl, Net::DNS, Net::DNS::DomainName, RFC822, RFC1035, RFC5322 perl v5.16.2 2012-01-27 Net::DNS::Mailbox(3)