Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Reading each line of a file in perl script Post 302200459 by nua7 on Thursday 29th of May 2008 08:10:19 AM
Old 05-29-2008
Check if this helps...

Code:
TEST = "test.txt";
open(TEST) or die("Could not open log file.");
foreach $line (<TEST>) {
    chomp($line);              # remove the newline from $line.
    # do line-by-line processing.
}

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

perl - file reading - last line not displayed

Hi, Here is something that am trying with perl #! /opt/third-party/bin/perl open(fh, "s") || die "unable to open the file <small>"; @ch = (); $i = 0; while( $content = <fh> ) { if( $i <= 5 ) { push(@ch, $content); $i++; } else { $i = 1; foreach(@ch) { (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: matrixmadhan
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with perl script while reading a file

Hi Everyone, I am very new to perl, but came across a situation wherein I have to read a c++ header file and write the datatype, its identifier and also the length to an excel file. There can be other header files, in the directory but I should browse through the file which has only "_mef:" string... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramakanth_burra
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Problem in reading a file line by line till it reaches a white line

So, I want to read line-by-line a text file with unknown number of files.... So: a=1 b=1 while ; do b=`sed -n '$ap' test` a=`expr $a + 1` $here do something with b etc done the problem is that sed does not seem to recognise the $a, even when trying sed -n ' $a p' So, I cannot read... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hakermania
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

SOLVED: reading config file in a perl script

Hi! I have a need to do this in Perl. script.pl -config file The script would be doing a wget/LWP on a URL which is defined in the config file. So when I run the script it should return either one of these conditions - 1) OK with exit status 0. Should also print "wget URL" 2)... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacki
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help need in perl script reading from file

Need perl script, data file will be csv format. I have text file contains 2 colums. Filename Foldernumber aaaa 13455 bbbb 23465 cccc 26689 I have two location 1. files present and 2. folders present. I need to search for file and folder if folder... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hnkumar
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Script for reading table format data from file.

Hi, i need a perl script which reads the file, content is given below. and output in new file. TARGET DRIVE IO1 IO2 IO3 IO4 IO5 ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- 0a.1.8 266 236 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: asak
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading the file line by line in Perl

Hello Everyone, I have written a perl script that will load the entire data file into an array and then I would check the value of the specific column and then if interested I will write to a good file else I will write it to a bad file. But here, the problem is that if the data file is a... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: filter
15 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with perl script with a while loop reading file

Good morning, I appreciate any assistance that I can get from the monks out there. I am able to get this to work for me so that I can do a hostname lookup if I only specify one hostname in the script. What I want to do is have a file with hostnames and do lookups for each name in the file. Here is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: brianjb
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error while reading variable from a file in perl script

I have a file abc.ini and declared many variables in that file, one of the variable(DBname) value I am trying to read in my perl script but getting error. File abc.ini content # database name DBname =UATBOX my $ex_stat; my $cmd_output; $ex_stat = "\Qawk '/^DBname/{print... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Devesh5683
2 Replies