Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Setting link to newly installed Java version Post 302200069 by harjitsingh on Wednesday 28th of May 2008 10:12:48 AM
Old 05-28-2008
Yes, Thank you for the advice I used the pkgadd tool to upgrade the java version. The command "java -version" is still displaying the older version of java.

Is there a way I can reset the link "/usr/bin/java" to look at the new install directory "/usr/j2se/java"?
or
How would I set .cshrc to include "/usr/j2se/bin" in PATH as .cshrc is in "Read-only" file?

Which is the correct method from above?

If I do /usr/j2se/bin/java -fullversion" then it displays the correct version but I need "java -version" to display what I see when I type "java -version"

I am totally LOST here in solaris...

Thanks in advance for your help and advice!!!

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to Find the OS version Installed

Hi, I wanted to know how can I get the version of underlying HP-OS installed on a HPUX workstation. The output required is "June 2001" version or "March 2003" version etc whatever OS is present. Thanx in advance for your help. Regards, Pankaj (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pankschawla
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Which version of perl is installed on my system?

Hi, With the command perl -v i can see the perl version, but it's like a text file.. is there a command which could give me just the perl version number? i.e.: "5.8.1" thanks!! (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kfad
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Advanced Search * View * Edit JAVA version to WORK in GLASSFISH Forum topic JAVA version

Would like to confirm the ff. I got confused actually with the version I needed to download that will work on glassfish 3.0.1 a. Debian Squeeze (HP DL360). Need to use java version6 On Debian, I did apt-get install sun-java6-jdk. So when I check it's java version "1.6.0_22" Java(TM) SE... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lhareigh890
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

installed java version ?

Hi, I want to know what version of the java is installed? Please let me know the command or process to identify the installed java version in sun solaris box. Thanks in advance for all your support. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sridhardwh
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Setting java and returning version

I am currently trying to write a script and I am not that great at wording it with taking in user input, it will do the following: ask " Have you stopped instances? " if instances are stopped, then I want it to change to the default java to 64 bits, and print the current version of java.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bigbenn
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Could not logon to newly installed Solaris 11.2

Dear Solaris 11 experts, I can not logon to a newly installed Solaris 5.11 11.2 i86pc i386 i86pc just downloaded today, despite having entered username and password to be created. However, I cannot get on to this workstation after Solaris installation completion. Can you advice how to reset my... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gjackson123
5 Replies

7. HP-UX

Setting up new version of java

Hi, I have got jre 1.5 that I have got to install in the HP.UX version 11.31. I managed to install it with this command : # swinstall -s /tmp/<jre.XXXXX.depot> It automatically gets created in /opt/java1.5/jre/bin. However, now I am not sure how to set the PATH to JAVA_HOME, and path to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anaigini45
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Bash find version of an installed application but if none is found set variable to App Not Installed

Hello Forum, I'm issuing a one line bash command to look for the version of an installed application and saving the result to a variable like so: APP=application --version But if the application is not installed I want to return to my variable that the Application is not installed. So I'm... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: greavette
2 Replies
GIT-CHECK-ATTR(1)						    Git Manual							 GIT-CHECK-ATTR(1)

NAME
git-check-attr - Display gitattributes information SYNOPSIS
git check-attr attr... [--] pathname... git check-attr --stdin [-z] attr... < <list-of-paths> DESCRIPTION
For every pathname, this command will list if each attribute is unspecified, set, or unset as a gitattribute on that pathname. OPTIONS
--stdin Read file names from stdin instead of from the command-line. -z Only meaningful with --stdin; paths are separated with a NUL character instead of a linefeed character. -- Interpret all preceding arguments as attributes and all following arguments as path names. If not supplied, only the first argument will be treated as an attribute. OUTPUT
The output is of the form: <path> COLON SP <attribute> COLON SP <info> LF <path> is the path of a file being queried, <attribute> is an attribute being queried and <info> can be either: unspecified when the attribute is not defined for the path. unset when the attribute is defined as false. set when the attribute is defined as true. <value> when a value has been assigned to the attribute. EXAMPLES
In the examples, the following .gitattributes file is used: .ft C *.java diff=java -crlf myAttr NoMyAttr.java !myAttr README caveat=unspecified .ft o Listing a single attribute: .ft C $ git check-attr diff org/example/MyClass.java org/example/MyClass.java: diff: java .ft o Listing multiple attributes for a file: .ft C $ git check-attr crlf diff myAttr -- org/example/MyClass.java org/example/MyClass.java: crlf: unset org/example/MyClass.java: diff: java org/example/MyClass.java: myAttr: set .ft o Listing an attribute for multiple files: .ft C $ git check-attr myAttr -- org/example/MyClass.java org/example/NoMyAttr.java org/example/MyClass.java: myAttr: set org/example/NoMyAttr.java: myAttr: unspecified .ft o Not all values are equally unambiguous: .ft C $ git check-attr caveat README README: caveat: unspecified .ft SEE ALSO
gitattributes(5). AUTHOR
Written by Junio C Hamano <gitster@pobox.com[1]> DOCUMENTATION
Documentation by James Bowes. GIT
Part of the git(1) suite NOTES
1. gitster@pobox.com mailto:gitster@pobox.com Git 1.7.1 07/05/2010 GIT-CHECK-ATTR(1)