Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Gentoo automating chroot and mount/unmount Post 302199480 by sysgate on Tuesday 27th of May 2008 03:15:22 AM
Old 05-27-2008
No, proc is separate file space, and usually lots of information is being written there. Why do you need to un-mount it ? Try < -f > flag, for force.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

chroot?

If i were to create a new user for my ftp would chroot be the proper command to set there root directory as the file i've put all my FTP stuff in? Also would that jail them, or would they beable to get out of the set directory? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: byblyk
0 Replies

2. AIX

how do i unmount ?

hi all, I am new to AIX as well as UNIX also ,i have a question One of my program has created a new filesystem on the system..... df shows : /dev/fslv04 2031616 2030648 1% 3 1% /replicas/source when i tried to umount the above filesystem by umount... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vamshi_k
3 Replies

3. Red Hat

Unbale ot mount chroot /sys/image

Hi frds i need ur help on this..! I am using redhat 9.0 recently someone has messed with mine filesystem and anyhow managed to hide mine linux partition both hd0,0 and hd0,1 ..!This is sick..i got mine Xp partition also hidden by this. I tried booting with linux rescue disk..but fail to mount to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nicknihal
2 Replies

4. HP-UX

Cannot unmount mount points??

When taking a snap, I have a script that stops any active snap. When running the script, I'm getting a message that u02 and u04 are already mounted. How can I find out what process(es) is/are latching on the these mount points? Thank you for your time. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: genzbeat
1 Replies

5. HP-UX

/usr out of disk space need to unmount/ expand volume /mount

Greetings, I am running HP-UX 10.2 and /usr is out of disk space already. I installed IE 5.0 for UNIX on my machine under /usr and browsed the Internet for a while and presto no more disk space. I have plenty of hard disk space on my computer so would like to expand the size of the volume. The... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dirk_
5 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

Can't Mount Disk / Image after bad unmount

I have had a little issue with one of my disks, the usb cacble was pulled out and one of the external drives on it would no longer mount. I used First Aid and it verified and repaired both OK / nothing to do). After lots of messing around and not being able to mount I used Drive Genius 2 and that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Cranie
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

if (disk is mounted) unmount if (disk is unmounted) mount

Hey there, sorry if this is a bit too much of a noob question, trying to get to grips with a simple bash script - but i have done ZERO bash scripting. basically having worked out how to mount and unmount disks using: disktool -m *device* & disktool -e *device* - and looking at the result of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hollister
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cygwin bash script to unmount and mount an XP partition

As stated, I am looking into keeping my backup drive unmounted in normal windows use. Partly this is to address threats like cryptolocker. Since one of my backup drives is an internal drive, it will not likely afford any protection from such a threat. I am thinking of adding code to my rsync script... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to unmount and mount by UUID

Hi, Need a bit of help on this one as I am a scripting noob. I have a linux based NAS that mounts USB hard drives in an inconsistent location and to make matters worse, seems to lose the mount for an unknown reason and doesn't remount automatically unless the drive is removed and re-inserted.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gtr33m
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

AIX - SAN Mount and Unmount on LPAR

We have 2 LPAR. LPAR #1 have a Application, Database Server process (ctree Server) and SAN+Physical Table. LPAR#2 has only Application. Both Application process are connected to Database via C-tree Server Process (Running on LPAR #1.. We want to keep one Active C-tree Server and one Backup... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gabhanes
1 Replies
gvfs-mount(1)							   User Commands						     gvfs-mount(1)

NAME
gvfs-mount - mount, unmount and list file systems using the VFS system SYNOPSIS
gvfs-mount [-m] [-u] [-l] [-i] URI DESCRIPTION
gvfs-mount mounts, unmounts and lists file systems using the VFS system. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -m Mount a file system -u Unmount a file system -l List connected drives, volumes and mounts -i When used with -l, prints additional information EXAMPLES
Example 1: Print information about the mounts and drives example% gvfs-mount -i Example 2: Unmount a file system example% gvfs-mount /mnt/example ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
See environ(5) for descriptions of the following environment variables: NLSPATH. EXIT STATUS
The exit value 0 is returned regardless of success or failure. FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/gvfs-mount Executable to mount, unmount and list file systems using the VFS system ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-gvfs | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
gvfs-copy(1), gvfs-cat(1), gvfs-less(1), gvfs-ls(1), gvfs-mkdir(1) gvfs-monitor-dir(1), gvfs-monitor-file(1), gvfs-info(1), gvfs-move(1), gvfs-rename(1), gvfs-open(1), gvfs-rm(1), gvfs-save(1), gvfs-trash(1), gvfs-tree(1), attributes(5), environ(5) NOTES
Written by Alvaro Lopez Ortega, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2008. SunOS 5.11 25 Mar 2008 gvfs-mount(1)