Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting unix script for loading a data from a file into database Post 302198883 by grajesh_955 on Saturday 24th of May 2008 11:45:36 PM
Old 05-25-2008
unix script for loading a data from a file into database

Hi All,

I am trying to load a data from a files in a particular directory to a database..

cd $SCC
isql metdb >> ${LOGDATA}/LOAD.LOG < !
load from "${LDATA}/${FORM}.ld" insert into $LOADTABLE
!

But it's showing the error "syntax error at line 46 : `<<' unmatched"
Can u plz help me...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

unix script to export data from csv file to oracle database

Hello people, Need favour. The problem I have is that, I need to develop a unix shell script that performs recurring exports of data from a csv file to an oracle database. Basically, the csv file contains just the first name and last name will be dumped to an Unix server. The data from these... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinayagan
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to Load data into the database using a .csv file and .ctl file

Since i'm new to scripting i'm findind it difficult to code a script. The script has to be an executable with 2 paramters passed to it.The Parameters are 1. The Control file name(.ctl file) 2. The Data file name(.csv file) Does anybody have an idea about it? :confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Csmani
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script for Data loading in Oracle

Hi All I am new to unix. I need a shell script to load a datafile in to oracle. I already have a control file, and data file. all I need is if i execute the shell it must load the data using the ctl file to table. Control file : PAY0001.ctl Datafile : mon_grs_det.dat log file :... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghuraja_r
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Shell Script to upload data from Text file to Oracle database

Hi Does any one have any idea on uploading the data using Unix Shell script from text file to Oracle database. Requirement:- 1. Need to connect to Oracle database from Unix Shell script. 2. Need to pick Text file from some location on Unix Box. 3. Need to upload the data from text file to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandrashekharj
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loading Oracle data to unix in flat file

Hi I would like to know how to load oracle data to unix flat file using a shell script. Can we use sqlldr to import data from oracle, if so can anyone help me with it. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghav288
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

data is seen as NULL after loading into database

hello, when I load a data from text file all the values become NULL in the table. Please help me with this problem. Thanks sheen (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: sheen
15 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with loading data from DB2 database to CSV file

Hi everyone!! I need help regarding this. How can we load data from DB2 Database tables into a Comma Separated File? I also have another Question? Using Shell scripting, Is it easy to read Data from a table or from a text file? It is very urgent for me. Please help me out guys. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ss3944
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

creating data loading script

asdfasdfasdfasdf??? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: noorm
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

why do we need UNIX shell script to load data into Oracle database

Hello everyone, I am new to shell scripting/ loading data into a database. I want to load data into Oracle database using SQL loader. Can some one please explain why do we need unix shell script to load the data into the database? Also can someone please explain what has to be in that script?... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: new_prog
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to avoid locks while loading database through UNIX script.?

Hi, I have the following requirement: I have load_cdr as main scriptwhich loads all the file records into vertica database through unix script. But there are two files which try to update same table..n thats y my script is getting failed... Can any1 give me some logic how to over come this... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gnnsprapa
6 Replies
MODULES-LOAD.D(5)						  modules-load.d						 MODULES-LOAD.D(5)

NAME
modules-load.d - Configure kernel modules to load at boot SYNOPSIS
/etc/modules-load.d/*.conf /run/modules-load.d/*.conf /usr/lib/modules-load.d/*.conf DESCRIPTION
systemd-modules-load.service(8) reads files from the above directories which contain kernel modules to load during boot in a static list. Each configuration file is named in the style of /etc/modules-load.d/program.conf. Note that it is usually a better idea to rely on the automatic module loading by PCI IDs, USB IDs, DMI IDs or similar triggers encoded in the kernel modules themselves instead of static configuration like this. In fact, most modern kernel modules are prepared for automatic loading already. CONFIGURATION FORMAT
The configuration files should simply contain a list of kernel module names to load, separated by newlines. Empty lines and lines whose first non-whitespace character is # or ; are ignored. CONFIGURATION DIRECTORIES AND PRECEDENCE
Configuration files are read from directories in /etc/, /run/, and /lib/, in order of precedence. Each configuration file in these configuration directories shall be named in the style of filename.conf. Files in /etc/ override files with the same name in /run/ and /lib/. Files in /run/ override files with the same name in /lib/. Packages should install their configuration files in /lib/. Files in /etc/ are reserved for the local administrator, who may use this logic to override the configuration files installed by vendor packages. All configuration files are sorted by their filename in lexicographic order, regardless of which of the directories they reside in. If multiple files specify the same option, the entry in the file with the lexicographically latest name will take precedence. It is recommended to prefix all filenames with a two-digit number and a dash, to simplify the ordering of the files. If the administrator wants to disable a configuration file supplied by the vendor, the recommended way is to place a symlink to /dev/null in the configuration directory in /etc/, with the same filename as the vendor configuration file. If the vendor configuration file is included in the initrd image, the image has to be regenerated. EXAMPLE
Example 1. /etc/modules-load.d/virtio-net.conf example: # Load virtio-net.ko at boot virtio-net SEE ALSO
systemd(1), systemd-modules-load.service(8), systemd-delta(1), modprobe(8) systemd 237 MODULES-LOAD.D(5)