Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Copying only the file name
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Copying only the file name Post 302198878 by Krishnaramjis on Saturday 24th of May 2008 11:23:09 PM
Old 05-25-2008
Copying only the file name

Hi
I just want to copy the file name from the input file. Below is the code I have used but the answer comes with quotation .

$ cat test.sh
file_name=\'$1\'
echo $file_name

$ sh test.sh grants.dat
'grants.dat'

How do I remove the quotation

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copying a file

Can anyone help me with simple problem..... I am newie bee UNIX. I want to copy a file from drive A to /temp directory on drive C. How do i do that.? Thank you (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: jackpotp
14 Replies

2. Programming

copying a file

hello, i have to copy a file from one directory to another directory in linux. how to do this using a c function? kindly ans to my query. thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: svh
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

copying the csv file into different worksheets of xls file

Hi, I have a script which will generate three csv files. i want to copy the contents of these csv files into a .XLS file but in different worksheets. Can a this be done in the same script? :confused: Can Perl come to my help in coping the csv files into different worksheets of .XLS file ?... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nimish
0 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Strange difference in file size when copying LARGE file..

Hi, Im trying to take a database backup. one of the files is 26 GB. I am using cp -pr to create a backup copy of the database. after the copying is complete, if i do du -hrs on the folders i saw a difference of 2GB. The weird fact is that the BACKUP folder was 2 GB more than the original one! ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 0ktalmagik
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copying one file into another

I have two files, lets say file1.pun and file2.pun Now i need to copy the first 10 lines of file1.pun and paste them on the head of file2.pun without deleting the contents of file2.pun. I have to do this from command line only. Can u plz guide me in this regards (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jasjot31
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

copying file

is there anyway to copy a file which i don't have permission? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dakid
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Please, I need help with copying a file.

Hello. I don't know much about UNIX. Here is a problem I need to resolve. There is a file "file1.txt". It contains the line "End Of Copy" somewhere in the middle. I need to copy file1.txt to another file, "file2.txt" until this line. So, if the "file1.txt" is Line 1 Line 2 Line 3... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Eugene
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command for copying the contents of other file replacing it another file on specifc pattern

We have 2 file XML files - FILE1.XML and FILE2.xml - we need copy the contents of FILE1.XML and replace in FILE2.xml pattern "<assignedAttributeList></assignedAttributeList>" FILE1.XML 1. <itemList> 2. <item type="Manufactured"> 3. <resourceCode>431048</resourceCode> 4. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: balrajg
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with searching for a file in a directory and copying the contents of that file in a new file

Hi guys, I am a newbie here :wall: I need a script that can search for a file in a directory and copy the contents of that file in a new file. Please help me. :confused: Thanks in advance~ (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: zel2zel
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying a file to multiple other files using a text file as input

Hello, I have a file called COMPLIST as follows that contains 4 digit numbers.0002 0003 0010 0013 0015 0016 0022 0023 0024 0025 0027 0030 0031 0032 0033 0035 0038 0041 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sph90457
3 Replies
COMP_ERR(1)						       MySQL Database System						       COMP_ERR(1)

NAME
comp_err - compile MySQL error message file SYNOPSIS
comp_err [options] DESCRIPTION
comp_err creates the errmsg.sys file that is used by mysqld to determine the error messages to display for different error codes. comp_err normally is run automatically when MySQL is built. It compiles the errmsg.sys file from the plaintext file located at sql/share/errmsg.txt in MySQL source distributions. comp_err also generates mysqld_error.h, mysqld_ername.h, and sql_state.h header files. For more information about how error messages are defined, see the MySQL Internals Manual[1]. Invoke comp_err like this: shell> comp_err [options] comp_err supports the following options. o --help, -? Display a help message and exit. o --charset=path, -C path The character set directory. The default is ../sql/share/charsets. o --debug=debug_options, -# debug_options Write a debugging log. A typical debug_options string is d:t:O,file_name. The default is d:t:O,/tmp/comp_err.trace. o --debug-info, -T Print some debugging information when the program exits. o --header_file=file_name, -H file_name The name of the error header file. The default is mysqld_error.h. o --in_file=file_name, -F file_name The name of the input file. The default is ../sql/share/errmsg.txt. o --name_file=file_name, -N file_name The name of the error name file. The default is mysqld_ername.h. o --out_dir=path, -D path The name of the output base directory. The default is ../sql/share/. o --out_file=file_name, -O file_name The name of the output file. The default is errmsg.sys. o --statefile=file_name, -S file_name The name for the SQLSTATE header file. The default is sql_state.h. o --version, -V Display version information and exit. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1997, 2014, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved. This documentation is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it only under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; version 2 of the License. This documentation is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with the program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA or see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/. NOTES
1. MySQL Internals Manual http://dev.mysql.com/doc/internals/en SEE ALSO
For more information, please refer to the MySQL Reference Manual, which may already be installed locally and which is also available online at http://dev.mysql.com/doc/. AUTHOR
Oracle Corporation (http://dev.mysql.com/). MySQL 5.5 01/30/2014 COMP_ERR(1)