Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming How to get capture input events from keyboard and mouse Post 302198716 by WebKruncher on Friday 23rd of May 2008 07:05:06 PM
Old 05-23-2008
Which desktop?

I might be able to help work through this, but honestly, it's not something that I've done before in a Linux environment.
Are you using the KDE or Gnome?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

[Debian] Stop input from keyboard and mouse

Dear friends, I need to stop getting input from keyboard and mouse at some specific time like, every day from 6 PM to 7PM likewise. How can I do this. Kindly guide me to do this. I need to block the input. I am using Debian OS. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nagalenoj
5 Replies

2. Programming

Xlib mouse events and ButtonPressMask

I have written a simple program which will report key press and release events for a particular window. In my case, it is mostly the terminal since I invoke the program from the terminal. I am able to get the key press and release events taking place in the terminal window (I have used... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhinav.zoso
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Check keyboard and mouse activity

I need help from someone that is good at making scripts. I'm trying to make a script file that checks for keyboard and mouse activity during 1 am to 8 am and logs you off if it detects activity. I can't find anything useful in google. ---------- Post updated 06-30-10 at 12:33 AM ----------... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cokedude
1 Replies

4. SCO

X Server -> keyboard and mouse are freezing

hi I've configured X Server using Video Configuration Manager on SCO 5.0.6, but the keyboard and mouse are freezing after 5 minutes on the graphical login mask. ---------- Post updated at 01:59 PM ---------- Previous update was at 02:43 AM ---------- BTW I finished the configuration,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccc
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Gedit semi-frozen/hangs; does not accept keyboard/mouse input

I have a very weird problem with the gedit 2.30.3 text editor on GNOME 2.30.2 (Ubuntu Linux 10.04 LTS): Any and all mouse clicks and key-presses into the gedit window are summarily ignored. When I say the gedit window, I mean the gedit window proper, the window contents, not the decoration of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ropers
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

xlib and keyboard events

1. If there's some better place where xlib experts hang out, please tell me. Despite an assiduous search, I could not find an xlib reflector. 2. My actual question: In an xterm, I want to grab and process all keyboard events in a program running inside the xterm. For example, with my program... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: N7DR
5 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Keyboard vs mouse

Which Input device do you use the most ? for me... keyboard ofcourse !! (56 Replies)
Discussion started by: vpraveen84
56 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Strange Keyboard and Mouse Issue

Hello All, PC: CuBox-i (*i.MX6) Mini-PC OS: openSUSE 13.1 (Bottle) (armv7hl) Kernel: 3.14.14-cubox-i # uname -a Linux CuBox-HQ 3.14.14-cubox-i #1 SMP Sat Sep 13 03:48:24 UTC 2014 armv7l armv7l armv7l GNU/LinuxSo I've been having this random issue happen on this PC where a few strange... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run command if no mouse or keyboard input

I would like a script that would run pm-suspend if there has been no keyboard or mouse input for a specified time. ------ Post updated at 11:17 AM ------ Never mind. I found a setting in power management that does what I need. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: drew77
0 Replies
BibleTime(1)							  KDE Application						      BibleTime(1)

NAME
bibletime - Bible study tool for KDE SYNOPSIS
bibletime [ Qt-options ] [ KDE-options ] [ options ] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the bibletime KDE Application. This manual page was written for the Debian GNU/Linux distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. BibleTime is a free and easy to use bible study tool for UNIX systems. It requires a working KDE environment and the SWORD library. BibleTime provides easy handling of digitized texts (Bibles, commentaries and lexicons) and powerful features to work with these texts (search in texts, write own notes, save, print etc.). Generic options: --help Show help about options --help-qt Show Qt specific options --help-kde Show KDE specific options --help-all Show all options --author Show author information -v, --version Show version information --license Show license information -- End of options. OPTIONS
--debug Enable debug messages. --ignore-session Ignore the startup session that was saved when BibleTime was closed the last time. --open-default-bible key Open the default bible with the given key. Use random to open at a random position. SEE ALSO
The full documentations for bibletime and bible study are maintained as docbook manuals. If the khelpcenter program is properly installed at your site, the command khelpcenter help:/bibletime should give you access to the complete manual. BUGS
Please use http://bugs.kde.org or info@bibletime.info to report bugs, do not mail the authors directly. AUTHOR
BibleTime was written by Joachim Ansorg <junkmail@joachim.ansorgs.de> Martin Gruner <mg.pub@gmx.net> Nikolay Igotti <olonho@hotmail.com> Gary Sims <gary@garysims.co.uk> Timothy R. Butler <tbutler@uninetsolutions.com> James Ots <me@jamesots.com> Fred Saalbach <saalbach@sybercom.net> This manual page was prepared by Erik Schanze <schanzi_@gmx.de> for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). BibleTime 1.4.1 July 17, 2004 BibleTime(1)