Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers how to install rpm to specific directory Post 302197685 by unSpawn on Wednesday 21st of May 2008 12:02:41 PM
Old 05-21-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeloo
I want to install abc.rpm to /abc directory.
You can do that through relocation. List the contents of the RPM: 'rpm -qpl packagename.rpm', then for each base directory (/etc, /usr, \etc, \etc) you use a relocation statement. Say the RPM contains files in /etc and /usr/sbin, then to relocate /usr/sbin to /usr/local/sbin you would use 'rpm -i --relocate /usr/sbin=/usr/local/sbin packagename.rpm'.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris - Can it install RPM file?

Currently i just installed solaris 10 now i want to install a package in rpm format which i used to install in Linux can it install in Solaris 10 as well ? if yes,what is the command ? last time in linux i used to type this command #rpm -i xxxxx.rpm but i tried in linux it not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bluefries
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Howto install RPM package for non-Root user directory?

Dear expert, Suppose I have an application that comes in rpm format. Let's call it: my_downloaded_package.rpm How can I install it in my particular home directory (since I'm not a root user). Say the directory where I want to install above rpm package is: ~/.my_desired_location... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: monkfan
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to install expect rpm?

Hi , I am tryin to install expect rpm on my linux machine. I have the source file expect-5.42.1-1.src.rpm I am doin this rpm -ivh expect-5.42.1-1.src.rpm But I am gettin this error warning: expect-5.42.1-1.src.rpm: V3 DSA signature : NOKEY, key ID db42a60e error: cannot... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eamani_sun
1 Replies

4. SuSE

How to install .src.rpm ? ( source rpm )

Hi, I have got few RPM's from rpmfind.net ( mainly gcc ). But it seems to be src files instead of the image. so I think we have to build the src files according to target machine using rpmbuild. Can any one help me with 1) Various options of rpm build that have to be taken care 2)... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sivaswami
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

RPM uninstall/install

Running FC5 on a Dell desktop. When I compile a LaTex file, it goes fine but only outlines blank boxes where figs should be. When I send the figs.eps and Tex file to a friend, his compiles and imbeds the fig. in the text of the DVI output using my files without add'nl control cards. I conclude... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: blann
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

RPM install problem

I'm trying to install mysql on a server, but I keep getting an error. Can anyone offer any help? Below I've listed a bunch of info that you might find helpful. Here are the commands I'm using. $ ls MySQL-client-community-5.1.35-0.rhel3.i386.rpm... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wsetchell
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to make RPM not write to RPM database if RPM fails to deploy?

How to make RPM not write to RPM database if RPM fails to deploy? IE I create an rpm spec file that contains the following if then exit 1 fi My rpm will fail at deployment, but if I do rpm -qa , I can see the rpm in the rpm db (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: 3junior
3 Replies

8. Fedora

Install RPM package after OS Installation

Hi Guys I want to know whether is it possible to automatically Install a RPM package after installing OS. Basically we have have one rpm package which we want to install as part of OS installation . Please Suggest (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_deb
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to install .rpm file from a directory using yum?

Hello Everybody, I am having a cluster which is not connected to internet. I want to check its performance do I downloaded required packages from the internet and copied them in a particular folder. As per the instructions given at http:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: albertspade
6 Replies

10. Red Hat

INSTALL RPM's IN RHEL 5.5

After checking the dependencies from below command:- yum deplist gcc Update:- Now when I tried to install the very first dependency , it gave the below error, I guess something is wrong with YUM server itself :P ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manish131081
1 Replies
RPMSPEC(8)						      System Manager's Manual							RPMSPEC(8)

NAME
rpmspec - RPM Spec Tool SYNOPSIS
QUERYING SPEC FILES: rpmspec {-q|--query} [select-options] [query-options] SPEC_FILE ... select-options [--rpms] [--srpms] query-options [--qf,--queryformat QUERYFMT] [--target TARGET_PLATFORM] QUERY OPTIONS The general form of an rpm spec query command is rpm {-q|--query} [select-options] [query-options] You may specify the format that the information should be printed in. To do this, you use the --qf|--queryformat QUERYFMT option, followed by the QUERYFMT format string. See rpm(8) for details. SELECT OPTIONS --rpms Operate on the binary package header(s). --srpm Operate on the source package header(s). SEE ALSO
popt(3), rpm(8), rpmdb(8), rpmkeys(8), rpmsign(8), rpm2cpio(8), rpmbuild(8), rpmspec --help - as rpm supports customizing the options via popt aliases it's impossible to guarantee that what's described in the manual matches what's available. http://www.rpm.org/ <URL:http://www.rpm.org/> AUTHORS
Marc Ewing <marc@redhat.com> Jeff Johnson <jbj@redhat.com> Erik Troan <ewt@redhat.com> Panu Matilainen <pmatilai@redhat.com> Red Hat, Inc 29 October 2010 RPMSPEC(8)