Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Please help to modify my script Post 302197515 by namishtiwari on Wednesday 21st of May 2008 05:37:25 AM
Old 05-21-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by agn
Code:
$ DATES='date +%Y%m%d'
$ FILENAME="PIC_$DATES0001*.JPG"
$ echo $FILENAME
PIC_*.JPG

Do you see the problem ?
instead of quotes use backticks for command substitution.

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is it possible in a shell script to modify itself ??

We are running a quiz and the data collected from the quiz is submitted to the database. My requirement is to write a shell script to get these submitted records. I should be able to run this shell script at any time and the records it returns should be the ones submitted after the script was... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sehgalniraj
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using a script to modify the crontab

I want to add one line to the end of my crontab using a script. I have tried piping in the editor commands, but I can't get it to work. crontab -e user << EX $a This is the text I want to add. . wq EX This doesn't work. Is there an easier way to do this? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnmsucpe
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modify Perl script to work with txt - Permissions script

Hi I have this code, and i want work with a ls -shalR output in .txt What i need read to do this?? Where start? #!/usr/bin/perl # Allrights- A perl tool for making backups of file permissions # Copyright (C) 2005 Norbert Klein <norbert@acodedb.com> # This program is free... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: joangopan
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to modify /etc/shadow

Hi I am looking for script to modify /etc/shadow. For example: 1-)User enters username 2-)The line of that user is found in /etc/shadow and *LK* is added infront of the second field in /etc/shadow. How can I do this? Thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tjay83
7 Replies

5. Solaris

Need help with script when trying to modify user

The script get a csv file with 2 colls for example: 123456,UNIX 963852,Microsoft the script supose to put the number in the Description of the user in this case UNIX or Microsoft the error i get is does not exist.OR: UNIX does not exist.OR: Microsoft but the users exist so i do not... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shatztal
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how can I modify this script.

hello forum members, I have a script which is used find the Uname and passwords and redirects into a output.txt file.I hardcoded a string "ciadev" but iwant search two more strings also "absdev" and "absprod" So modify this script please. I am lookinmg forward from you, please find the below... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajkumar_g
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modify /etc/passwd via script

We have a business need to modify the /etc/passwd file every time a new user gets added, because the user ID begins with a zero. When you create the new user in smit, even if you put the leading zero in, it does not retain it when the entry is added. That being said, I need to create a script... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: mshilling
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help me to modify my script in stdout

please help me to modify my script #! /bin/bash while read line do echo "$line" >>/tmp/result && mysql -ss -e "use $line; select count(*) from users where type='admin' and deleted = 0;" > /tmp/result; done < /tmp/db_data cat result alan_hardwsdefs 2 bgrmods 2 claudiatdsefs 1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: unimaxlin
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modify sed script

I'm trying to take out strings from log files and add them to a csv. For example, in the directory now, there are 2 log files. I get the following results: sed -e '/custodian/b' -e '/packaged by/b' -e '/package name/b' -e '/Total Data (MB) Read/b' -e '/Begin Time/b' -e d * packaged by =... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: chipperuga
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modify the file by script

Hi All, I have an input file like below, 6984 1225 6989 1220 6994 1214 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Indra2011
3 Replies
g-ir-compiler(1)					      General Commands Manual						  g-ir-compiler(1)

NAME
g-ir-compiler - typelib compiler. SYNOPSIS
g-ir-compiler [OPTION...] GIRFILE DESCRIPTION
g-ir-compiler converts one or more GIR files into one or more typelib. It can either emit the raw typelib blob (default behavior) or C code (--code). The output will be written to standard output unless the --output is specified. OPTIONS
---help Show help options ---code Emit C code which is suitable for including in a shared library instead of a raw typelib. ---output=FILENAME Save the resulting output in FILENAME. ---verbose Show verbose messages ---debug Show debug messages ---no-init Do not include an initialization snippet to register the typelib in the respository. This can only be used if --code is also speci- fied. ---includedir=DIRECTORY Adds a directory which will be used to find includes inside the GIR format. ---module=MODULE FIXME ---shared-library=FILENAME Specifies the shared library where the symbols in the typelib can be found. The name of the library should not contain the leading lib prefix nor the ending shared library suffix. BUGS Report bugs at http://bugzilla.gnome.org/ in the glib product and introspection component. HOMEPAGE and CONTACT http://live.gnome.org/GObjectIntrospection AUTHORS
Mattias Clasen g-ir-compiler(1)