Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting split variable values into array Post 302197449 by finalight on Wednesday 21st of May 2008 03:00:25 AM
Old 05-21-2008
split variable values into array

i have these values inside variable $blah

Code:
BUNGA TERATAI 3    5055     ITH      1     0     0     0     1     1
JADE TRADER    143W     ITH      4     0     0     0     4     4
MOL SPLENDOR   0307A     ITH      3     0     0     0     3     3

so how do I split them into array with the new line as the delimiter?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

split and making an array inside another array

I want to run an awk split on a value that has been pushed through an array and I was wondering what the syntax should be?? e.g. running time strings through an array and trying to examine just minutes: 12:25:30 10:15:13 08:55:23 awk ' NR==FNR{ ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dcfargo
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print array values whose name is inside a variable

I have a array as CArray=( a1 a2 ) and a1,a2,a3 are also array as: a1=(1 2 3) a2=(3 4 5) now I have this in my code: for i in `echo "${CArray}"` do echo ${$i} done It is giving error as :"bad substitution" It should give me value as 1 2 3 3 4 5 how can I get this...Can u please... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: joshilalit2004
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Piping Unix Variable Array values into AWK

#ksh Here is my code: ERRORLIST="43032 12001 12002 12003 12004 34019 49015 49016 49017 49018 49024 49025 49026 58004 72003 12005 12006 12007 12008 12011 12012 16024 16023" for ERROR in ${ERRORLIST} do awk -v l="$lastdate" '/^....-..-../&&$0>l{d=$0}d&&/Error: '"${ERROR}"'/{print... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: k1ko
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Perl] Split lines into array - variable line items - variable no of lines.

Hi, I have the following lines that I would like to see in an array for easy comparisons and printing: Example 1: field1,field2,field3,field4,field5 value1,value2,value3,value4,value5Example 2: field1,field3,field4,field2,field5,field6,field7... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ejdv
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Store values from a file into an array variable in Shell

Dear All, I have been trying to do a simple task of extracting 2 fields from the file (3 rows) and store it in an array variable. I tried with: #! /bin/bash ch=`cut -f10 tmp.txt` counter=0 for p in $pid do c=${ch} echo "$c ..$counter" counter=$((counter+1))... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ezhil01
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

storing multiple values in a array variable

Am using a find command in my script .The output may be one or more. I need to store those values in a array and need to access those. Am unable to find the solution . Any help on this will be helpful. if < code> else a=<find command output which gives the file name either 1 or more> if 1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rogerben
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

error while updating rows in sql with values in array variable

Hi, I need to update rows in a table based on the values in an array variable. code is : while read line do error_msg="$(echo $line)" index=`expr $index+1` done <"logs/$ffile" rows_count=${#error_msg } i=0 while do echo "error msgs is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RP09
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get value from array and set those values as a variable

I am new to ksh scripting, specially array. How do i get values from an array and set the value as variable and pass those variables to the different functions?? someone taught me how to get input from a file with have columns i need to read, but now i doesnt know how to set those value to be a... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gavin_L
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Array Variable being Assigned Values in Loop, But Gone when Loop Completes???

Hello All, Maybe I'm Missing something here but I have NOOO idea what the heck is going on with this....? I have a Variable that contains a PATTERN of what I'm considering "Illegal Characters". So what I'm doing is looping through a string containing some of these "Illegal Characters". Now... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Attach variable to array values

Hi All, Need a help. I am just learning Shell scripting. Need a requirement like to attach variable to array values. Value of from is AF and to is AD. froml=$(echo $from | tr '' '') tol=$(echo $to | tr '' '') Schemas=(AWQM WFCONTROLLER PROVCO PRISM) for s in "${Schemas}" do ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pvmanikandan
3 Replies
SPLFILEOBJECT.FPUTCSV(3)						 1						  SPLFILEOBJECT.FPUTCSV(3)

SplFileObject::fputcsv - Write a field array as a CSV line

SYNOPSIS
public int SplFileObject::fputcsv (array $fields, [string $delimiter = ","], [string $enclosure = '"'], [string $escape = " DESCRIPTION
Writes the $fields array to the file as a CSV line. PARAMETERS
o $fields - An array of values. o $delimiter - The optional $delimiter parameter sets the field delimiter (one character only). o $enclosure - The optional $enclosure parameter sets the field enclosure (one character only). o $escape - The optional $escape parameter sets the escape character (one character only). RETURN VALUES
Returns the length of the written string or FALSE on failure. Returns FALSE, and does not write the CSV line to the file, if the $delimiter or $enclosure parameter is not a single character. ERRORS
/EXCEPTIONS An E_WARNING level error is issued if the $delimiter or $enclosure parameter is not a single character. CHANGELOG
+--------------+-------------------------------+ | Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------------+-------------------------------+ |5.5.21, 5.6.5 | | | | | | | Added the $escape parameter. | | | | +--------------+-------------------------------+ EXAMPLES
Example #1 SplFileObject::fputcsv example <?php $list = array ( array('aaa', 'bbb', 'ccc', 'dddd'), array('123', '456', '789'), array('"aaa"', '"bbb"') ); $file = new SplFileObject('file.csv', 'w'); foreach ($list as $fields) { $file->fputcsv($fields); } ?> The above example will write the following to file.csv: aaa,bbb,ccc,dddd 123,456,789 """aaa""","""bbb""" SEE ALSO
fputcsv(3), SplFileObject::fgetcsv. PHP Documentation Group SPLFILEOBJECT.FPUTCSV(3)