Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Nmon tool
Operating Systems AIX Nmon tool Post 302195360 by itik on Wednesday 14th of May 2008 10:29:57 PM
Old 05-14-2008
I think you need to report this error on Nigel, the creator of nmon analyzer.

Or maybe use the newer version, maybe this bug had been fixed.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Another NMON

Anyone ever experienced a core dump when running NMON. I am running AIX 5.3 on an 8 CPU LPAR (P570). This has only recently started to happen. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnf
3 Replies

2. AIX

nmon

Can any one help where i can find articals about nomn I need to know how to read this tools ┌─CPU-Utilisation-Small-View───────────────────────────────────────────────────┐ │ 0----------25-----------50----------75----------100│ │CPU User% Sys% Wait% Idle%| ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: habuzahra
3 Replies

3. AIX

Nmon

HI Im new on this world. Im working with nmon and I understand that this tool generates a files that later with excel I can see the graphcial of my server. The problem is that this process is execute manualy and I need to meake automatic. How can I do That. Sorry for my english!! :o (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegtoro
3 Replies

4. AIX

Nmon tool

How to analyze nmon output or is there any tool for analyzing. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vjm
2 Replies

5. AIX

nmon in aix

Hi, I want to know how to use nmon in aix? I have donwloaded nmon (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
2 Replies

6. AIX

Help with nmon utility

We have processes that run on our AIX box that sometimes run away and end up consuming 99% of the CPU. I'd like to create a script that would attempt to monitor when this happens and send an email alert with the PID and CPU %. Has anyone done such a thing? I know that you can run the nmon output to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssmith001
6 Replies

7. AIX

nmon problem

When i run nmon i get the following error ./nmon12e_aix527 -fT -s 60 -c 300 & oslevel is 5200-09-00 exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program /usr/lib/drivers/nfs_kdes.ext because of the following errors: but does not print error. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vjm
5 Replies

8. AIX

need help on NMON in AIX

HI, I have downloaded nmon 3.3c nmon analyzer, and run the command on aix ./nmon -f After that I have terminated the process and found .nmon file. when i have tried to open that file in nmon analyzer i.e in excel I am getting the error "no valid input data nmon run may have failed" ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
8 Replies

9. Red Hat

NMON for RHEL45 WS

Hi guys, as per subject i am setting up NMON for the above OS but it is 64-bit Linux. I downloaded the 32-bit NMON for RHEL45 as it is the only one available for RHEL45. However, I ran into problem with the binary file. # ./nmon_x86_rhel45 ./nmon_x86_rhel45: error while loading shared... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: DrivesMeCrazy
13 Replies

10. Infrastructure Monitoring

Nmon Analysis

Dear All, I am an performance tester. Now i am working in project where we are using linux 2.6.32. Now I got an oppurtunity to learn the monitoring the server. As part of this task i need to do analysis of the Nmon report. I was completely blank in this. So please suggest me how to start... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: iamsengu
0 Replies
GET_NPROCS(3)						     Linux Programmer's Manual						     GET_NPROCS(3)

NAME
get_nprocs, get_nprocs_conf - get number of processors SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/sysinfo.h> int get_nprocs(void); int get_nprocs_conf(void); DESCRIPTION
The function get_nprocs_conf() returns the number of processors configured by the operating system. The function get_nprocs() returns the number of processors currently available in the system. This may be less than the number returned by get_nprocs_conf() because processors may be offline (e.g., on hotpluggable systems). RETURN VALUE
As given in DESCRIPTION. CONFORMING TO
These functions are GNU extensions. NOTES
The current implementation of these functions is rather expensive, since they open and parse files in the /sys file system each time they are called. The following sysconf(3) calls make use of the functions documented on this page to return the same information. np = sysconf(_SC_NPROCESSORS_CONF); /* processors configured */ np = sysconf(_SC_NPROCESSORS_ONLN); /* processors available */ EXAMPLE
The following example shows how get_nprocs() and get_nprocs_conf() can be used. #include <stdio.h> #include <sys/sysinfo.h> int main(int argc, char *argv[]) { printf("This system has %d processors configured and " "%d processors available. ", get_nprocs_conf(), get_nprocs()); return 0; } COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.53 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. GNU
2012-03-20 GET_NPROCS(3)