Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: NFS share error
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat NFS share error Post 302194953 by deniscruze on Wednesday 14th of May 2008 04:29:57 AM
Old 05-14-2008
nfs

Hi,

friend vi editor is not crashing nither is vi editor's problem, kindly delete the file test.swp and retry ok and also check the flags set on the nfs server.
Thanks

Denis

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

NFS share options

Hello, I'm doing a Perl script to parse the dfstab file and find dangerous configurations (rw to everyone, root access, etc). My question is, if I have a share command like this: share -F nfs -o ro=chrome:copper:zinc,root=chrome /usr/man it means that the /usr/man is "rw" to everyone... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: psimoes79
6 Replies

2. IP Networking

Problem Mounting NFS share

I have one machine "The server" ip: 192.168.1.1, it runs ubu 8.04(LTS) and - I have a folder (/shareme) that I want to share with other linux machines on my LAN. - The server runs NFS server and common and portmap and so do the other machines on my LAN. - The server has the export file with the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fcron
2 Replies

3. AIX

NFs share AIX 6.1 and 5.3 - bug ? -

Hi folks, Just get my 1st AIX 6.1 servers up and creating some NFS shares without issues. I can mount it from others AIX 6.1 systems but can't from 5.3. Permissions etc. are OK lcppa1261 45: pbrun mount lcppa1001:/export/images /mnt NFS server lcppa1001 not responding still trying... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: unclefab
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

du and df do not match on NFS share

Here is the scenario... NFS share that is accessed every few minutes by approx 70 systems (AIX 5.3/6.1). Filesystem space is being eaten up rapidly according to df however du numbers really never change. lsof and fuser cannot see any unlinked files on either the NFS server or remote... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: masterpengu
3 Replies

5. AIX

CIFS share re-export NFS

Hi Guys, need help here. i have windows server that share a folder C:/ABCDE i configure samba client in AIX server as /EDCBA and it working fine. then i want to share this /EDCBA to another AIX server using NFS. in the /etc/exportfs i have put /EDCBA... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prossits
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris 10 NFS Share Issue

Hello all, I am having an issue with an NFS share I have created between two Solaris 10 boxes. I want the share to have read/write permissions, but for some reason it is coming up as read-only on the client side mount despite "rw" being specified in the mount options. Here is what I have... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: fallersaur
6 Replies

7. Red Hat

NFS share

Hi, I have an NFS server, i want to mount that nfs share which is having around 500GB to my client system. But my client system doesnt have any free space, is it possible to mount that nfs share in my client. Regards, Mastan (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mastansaheb
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Permissions for NFS share

Hi, I have created a NFS share in Solaris 10 server1 and mounted it on solaris 10 server 2.But I want to change owner of the files from nobody to a particular user in client. Which command should I use. I have tried the following but it doesn't allow to change permissions in the server2 as... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rossdba
0 Replies

9. Red Hat

NFS share and groups

I am having an issue with getting the proper group settings on NFS-shared directories. NFS server, NFServe, nfs-shares hundreds of project directories...running Solaris 10 latest patches/updates. SAS server, SAServe, statistical analysis server running on RedHat 7 with latest kernel/patches/etc.... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: cjhilinski
14 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mount NFS Share On NFS Client via bash script.

I need a help of good people with effective bash script to mount nfs shared, By the way I did the searches, since i haven't found that someone wrote a script like this in the past, I'm sure it will serve more people. The scenario as follow: An NFS Client with Daily CRON , running bash script... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Brian.t
4 Replies
rpcdebug(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       rpcdebug(8)

NAME
rpcdebug - set and clear NFS and RPC kernel debug flags SYNOPSIS
rpcdebug -vh rpcdebug -m module rpcdebug -m module -s flags... rpcdebug -m module -c flags... DESCRIPTION
The rpcdebug command allows an administrator to set and clear the Linux kernel's NFS client and server debug flags. Setting these flags causes the kernel to emit messages to the system log in response to NFS activity; this is typically useful when debugging NFS problems. The first form in the synopsis can be used to list all available debug flags. The second form shows the currently set debug flags for the given module. The third form sets one or more flags, and the fourth form clears one or more flags. The value all may be used to set or clear all the flags for the given module. OPTIONS
-c Clear the given debug flags. -h Print a help message and exit. When combined with the -v option, also prints the available debug flags. -m module Specify which module's flags to set or clear. Available modules are: nfsd The NFS server. nfs The NFS client. nlm The Network Lock Manager, in either an NFS client or server. rpc The Remote Procedure Call module, in either an NFS client or server. -s Set the given debug flags. -v Increase the verbosity of rpcdebug's output. FILES
/proc/sys/sunrpc/{rpc,nfs,nfsd,nlm}_debug procfs-based interface to kernel debug flags. SEE ALSO
rpc.nfsd(8), nfs(5), syslogd(8). BUGS
Bugs can be found or reported at http://nfs.sf.net/. AUTHOR
Program by Olaf Kirch <okir@suse.de> and <frederic.jolly@bull.ext.net>. Manpage by Greg Banks <gnb@melbourne.sgi.com>. 5 Jul 2006 rpcdebug(8)