Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Telnet Problem
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Telnet Problem Post 302194200 by tazzy on Monday 12th of May 2008 12:19:39 PM
Old 05-12-2008
How would I check to see if tcp wrapper has been put in place or activated since we just recently started having this problem?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Having problem using Telnet!!!!

Good day to you all, Hope you must doing good..me..oh no I am not..I've trying to log on to my network from home...but it's not letting me...I am trying to use telnet cis.hfcc.net but it's saying "connection to the host cannot to be established"????what is this...any good reason...do I have to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tahaislam
2 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

telnet problem

Hello friends, The problem is that we have one SunOS5.7 server, while attempting telnet to that server following error is occured - ld.so.1: login: fatal: libc.so.1: open failed: Too many open files The login on console is possible. The inetd daemon is running. inetd.conf and services... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rahul72
1 Replies

3. IP Networking

telnet problem

Hello friends, The problem is that we have one SunOS5.7 server, while attempting telnet to that server following error is occured - ld.so.1: login: fatal: libc.so.1: open failed: Too many open files The login on console is possible. The inetd daemon is running. inetd.conf and services... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahul72
3 Replies

4. HP-UX

telnet problem, help

Hi, My network layout is: Pub LAN | freeBSD | Internal LAN | + telnet srv on HP-UX 10.x box + other services (http, pop3, smtp, ftp)... I've the following problem: Inside Internal LAN I can connect myself to HP-UX telnet but from Public LAN in some place is refusing me... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: efrenba
5 Replies

5. AIX

telnet problem

hi all, i have a problem in telnet.when i am using telnet to my new aix server it takes about 5min to open. can any one tell what i have to do.???? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rrlog
5 Replies

6. Solaris

Telnet Problem Help

Dear All I have a Sun280R server when i telnet to this server from my Laptop i got error : Could connect to 192.168.199.10(Server IP):port 23 closed I want to login to the server through its Db25 serial port but i used to connect to it from my laptop through USB to db9 then to Db25 so do... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zanetti321
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

telnet problem

Hello everyone, I have got this following script to telnet to other UNIX boxes from one UNIX box and then run a script to count a certain paramater. The following line connects to the other box(es): (sleep 1; echo $username; sleep 1; echo $password ; sleep 1 ; echo y; sleep 1; echo "\r" ; sleep 1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajat
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Webpage to Telnet via Perl and Expect: Telnet problem?

Somewhat long story: I have a simple Perl CGI script that uses Expect to Telnet to a device and grab some data, and then spits it back to Perl for display on the Webpage. This works for many devices I've tried, but one device just fails, it keeps rejecting the password on this device, only... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jondo
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with Net::Telnet

#!/usr/bin/perl use strict; use warnings; use Net::Telnet (); my $t = new Net::Telnet (Timeout => 10, Prompt => '/.*(#|>|\))\s*$/'); my $remote_host='home'; $t->open(Host => $remote_host, Port =>23); $t->login('root', 'pass'); the error that I get... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lassimanji
4 Replies

10. Linux

telnet problem

ok, i need to test a list of addresses via telnet and make sure that i get a response like the following: telnet anag.testboalo.com443 Trying 100.100.100.100... Connected to anag.testboalo.com. Escape character is '^]'. The thing is, for each address I telnet to, the telnet hangs in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
4 Replies
VDETELWEB(1)						      General Commands Manual						      VDETELWEB(1)

NAME
vdetelweb - Virtual Distributed Ethernet Telnet and/or Web management module SYNOPSIS
vdetelweb [ --web ] [ --telnet ] [ --nodename nodename ] [ --daemon ] [ --rcfile rcfile ] mgmt_socket DESCRIPTION
vdetelweb implements a tiny telnet server and/or a tiny web server for the remote management of a VDE2 switch. OPTIONS
-w, --web start the web server. At least one of --web or --telnet must be set. -t, --telnet start the telnet server. At least one of --web or --telnet must be set. -n, --nodename nodename specify the nodename as seen from remote connections (e.g. in the command prompt or in the web page title). uname nodename is used when this option is not specified. -d, --daemon run as a daemon, using syslog for logging. -f, --rcfile rcfile rc file to set the initial switch configuration. When not specified, vdetelweb searches for ~/.vde/vdetelwebrc and /etc/vde/vdetel- webrc. At leas one rc file must exist and be readable. -h, --help print help. please use it for a more complete list of options. mgmt_socket is the managemnt socket used to communicate with the vde_switch. (This option must match the path used in the -M option for the vde_switch). NOTICE
Virtual Distributed Ethernet is not related in any way with www.vde.com ("Verband der Elektrotechnik, Elektronik und Informationstechnik" i.e. the German "Association for Electrical, Electronic & Information Technologies"). SEE ALSO
vde_switch(1), vde_plug(1), vdeq(1). dpipe(1). unixterm(1). AUTHOR
VDE is a project by Renzo Davoli <renzo@cs.unibo.it> Virtual Distributed Ethernet June 16, 2008 VDETELWEB(1)