Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO Sco 5.06 How To Mount A 2nd Hdd Help Help!!!! Post 302194186 by Eclectic Wave on Monday 12th of May 2008 11:48:36 AM
Old 05-12-2008
Mounting a disk drive that you want to save data on.

It's not a striaght forward action as just mounting the drive - SCO has no SCSI mount information so the drive has to be configured in SCO SCSI tables before you can access it. It's a rather complicated procedure.

SCO site has a technical document regarding this. TA# 104863

It is intitled " How do I add a SCSI or IDE disk that has data I want to keep? "

It has step by step instructions for adding a drive.

Here is a direct link to the relevent document.

How do I add a SCSI or IDE disk that has data I want to keep?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SCO UNIX HDD full backup

HI ALL, I need to backup HDD with SCO UNIX. I need to have a full functionaly backup of this hard disk. Does anybody have any tool or subsription how to do it. I tried some SW, but after when I tried to use this copy of my original disk "can not find a root directory". Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jardas
1 Replies

2. SCO

SCO 5.0.7 and Serial ATA HDD question

Hi guys, I have this quick question , is it posible to isntall SCO 5.0.7 on a serial ATA and if it is can you tell me how or maybe a website that has some info about this. I'm not using any raid, just one HDD. Thanks a lot (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: josramon
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SCO 5.0.5 installation on 80GB HDD

Hello, I have a P4, 2.4GHz, 256MB ASROCK mainboard: I am trying to install sco 5.0.5 on an 80gb hdd IDE . I have tried the following techniques: 1. using the updated wd btld image- no success 2. defbootstr biosgeom 3. use interactive divvy, make adjustments using dkinit/dparam during... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pude
0 Replies

4. Solaris

How to mount External HDD in VMware 6.0

Hi Friends, I am using VMware 6.0 and i want to transfer some files from External HDD so how to mount the Disk, and i am not able to assign any ip to my network card any one can help me how to set ip in VMware. Thanks and Regards, Venky.:b: (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: 1409.venkatesh
0 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

NFS HDD mount on Windows XP

Hi, Unix based, My harddrive won't boot and I'm looking for a reliable tool that can mount a hdd on Windows XP and show me the files stored on a NFS system. I tried the tool: Ext2IFS but this didn't work. I found a lot of tools on google to mount nfs share thru a network but that's... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: severt
1 Replies

6. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

How to mount and read vintage scsi HDD

I started on another thread and full story can be seen here: https://www.unix.com/security/91428-how-reset-root-password-old-unix-system-v.html But my situation turned to land on this thread now. I have old scsi HDD out of the UHC UNIX System V Rel. 4.0 Version 3.6 box. And need to read... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 82026
1 Replies

7. SCO

Dd (raw) image of SCO 5.0.6 mount as second hdd

Hi all I have read about mounting crashed HDD from a sco system in this forum. However this I received an image on raw format of the crashed system that was using an IDE HDD. Which method should I mount my image? IDE scsi or USB? The image is stores in an external connected through USB . Also... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: OrangeKenny
4 Replies

8. Solaris

How to mount ntfs for storage HDD new to Solaris 11.2?

I just installed Solaris 11.2 - and it is a bugger. How do I mount an extra HDD that is now formated to NTFS through gparted it keeps telling me I don't have any ntfs on this laptop. it has two hdds, /dev/sda1 /dev/sdb1 (Linux lingo) Solaris is installed on primary hard drive back of it. then... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: userx-bw
2 Replies

9. Fedora

Fstab for 2nd hdd, how to?

once again, mounting another volume or hdd the fstab-file is giving me a headache. May someone could give me a hint how to configure the fstab-file properly to use the hdd. The following ls -l /dev/disk/by-uuidis giving me this Thats the UUID for /dev/sdb1 with the name "save"... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: 1in10
6 Replies

10. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

2nd hdd is Linux_lvm can't mount MBR on BSD with GPT

rying it this way, because I can't handle the slices for the second hdd. If there is someone on this forum who can help me out of that misery, he would really save my digital life in this digital ocean. So not giving up, reading several times the manual of gpart. But the best hint in all that... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: 1in10
0 Replies
GMERLIN_REMOTE(1)						   User Manuals 						 GMERLIN_REMOTE(1)

NAME
gmerlin_remote - Remote control command for the Gmerlin GUI Player SYNOPSIS
gmerlin_remote [options] command DESCRIPTION
Remote control command for the Gmerlin GUI Player GLOBAL OPTIONS
-host <hostname> Host to connect to, default is localhost -port <port> Port to connect to -launch Launch new player if necessary COMMANDS
-play Play current track -next Switch to next track -prev Switch to previous track -stop Stop playback -pause Pause playback -mute Toggle mute -add <gml> Add <gml> to the incoming album -addplay <gml> Add <gml> to the incoming album and play it -open <device> Open album for <device>. Device must be a GML (e.g. dvd:///dev/hdd). -openplay <device> Open album for <device> and play first track. Device must be a GML (e.g. dvd:///dev/hdd). -volume <volume> Set player volume. <volume> is in dB, 0.0 is max -volume-rel <diff> In- or decrease player volume. <diff> is in dB -seek-rel <diff> Seek relative. <diff> is in seconds. -chapter [num|+|-] Go to the specified chapter. Use '+' and '-' to go to the next or previous chapter respectively -get-name Print name of the current track -get-metadata Print metadata of the current track -get-time Print time of the current track GENERIC OPTIONS
The following generic options are available for all gmerlin applications -help Print this help message and exit -help-man Print this help message as a manual page and exit -help-texi Print this help message in texinfo format and exit -version Print version info and exit ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
GMERLIN_PLAYER_REMOTE_PORT Default port for the remote control Gmerlin March 2012 GMERLIN_REMOTE(1)