Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users rm & mv command failed due to too many files. Post 302194084 by era on Monday 12th of May 2008 07:51:57 AM
Old 05-12-2008
The problem is when the wildcard expands to a string which is larger than the buffer the kernel allocates for this. Like vgersh99 said, read man xargs or How long can the command line be?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

ACL problem due to mv command used in solaris

Hi All, Is there any way to use mv command and that should apply ACL on the moved files that is already set in distination location This mv command is running in a solaris system. File system is NFS. Problem I am facing : Currently mv command removes ACL from moved files and also it... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tlogine
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

command does not return exit status due to tee

Hi, I am using /bin/sh. I want to display the stdout and stderr on the terminal as well as save it in a file, so I'm using this command. gmake all 2>&1 | tee log But even if gmake fails, it's always giving 0 as exit status, i suppose because of tee. # false 2>&1 | tee Log # echo $? 0... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anand_bh
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

command to list files with path & date in a folder

Hi, I need command to display files with full path and date of files where are generated at every 5hrs in a folder. eg: /u01/app/test/orjthsd_1_1 Sun May 10 19:03:26 2009 /u01/app/test/weoiusd_1_1 Sun May 10 21:00:26 2009 thanks saha (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saha
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

need help in fixing the hangup issue due to nohup command

Hi All, I am very new to unix and to this forum.Suggest me a solution in fixing the below issue. Actually ia m executing java program through script. The command is like java pgm & The above cmd runs the java program continuous as a background thread. This script is executed from a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sahan
1 Replies

5. SuSE

Compile failed due to 'out of memory'

Maybe increase swap space will help? How to do it? When I install suse 11 on this box, I remeber it shows the swap space is 2G, I didn't find it anywhere now... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: fld2007
5 Replies

6. SuSE

shmat failed due to Cannot allocate memory

Hi, My program was running for a whole night. after 12 hours i got an error message "Cannot allocate memory" during the shmat commmand. So can you please let me know what could be the reason? is there any solution? thanks in advance. Regards, Mano (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ManoharanMani
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX script abruptly ending due to ssh command

Below UNIX script abruptly ends while reading second line from file. When I comment 'ssh' command the script works as expected. I think I will have to run ssh command in a different process, but haven't got a handle yet as regards to how to do that. Any help in resolving this problem is highly... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jeeteshkc
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

Unable to copy files due to many files in directory

I have directory that has some billion file inside , i tried copy some files for specific date but it's always did not respond for long time and did not give any result.. i tried everything with find command and also with xargs.. even this command find . -mtime -2 -print | xargs ls -d did not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: before4
2 Replies

9. AIX

AIX 6.1 New SP&TL 6.1.8.0 upgrade failed

Hello Team, Hope all doing well. I have tried to upgrade on of my AIX box too the latest SP and TL, but unfortunately it's got failed(Details are below). Need expert help to fix this. Before up-gradation : root@# oslevel -s 6100-07-01-1141 root@# instfix -i | grep ML All... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gowthamakanthan
3 Replies
URL(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    URL(4)

NAME
url -- Realtek RTL8150L USB Ethernet driver SYNOPSIS
url* at uhub? urlphy* at mii? DESCRIPTION
The url driver provides support for USB Ethernet adapters based on the Realtek RTL8150L USB-ether bridge chip. The url driver supports the following adapters: CompUSA USBKR100 GreenHouse GH-USB100B Melco Inc. LUA-KTX Sitecom LN013 For more information on configuring this device, see ifconfig(8). DIAGNOSTICS
url%d: watchdog timeout A packet was queued for transmission and a transmit command was issued, however the device failed to acknowledge the transmission before a timeout expired. url%d: no memory for rx list The driver failed to allocate an mbuf for the receiver ring. SEE ALSO
arp(4), mii(4), netintro(4), usb(4), ifconfig(8) HISTORY
The url device driver first appeared in NetBSD 1.6. AUTHORS
The url driver was written by Shingo WATANABE <nabe@nabechan.org>. BSD
September 18, 2006 BSD