Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting A Batch job to delete files from various directories Post 302193308 by guruparan18 on Friday 9th of May 2008 03:24:51 AM
Old 05-09-2008
Thanks Andryk... Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Schedule a Batch file to delete files at particular intervals

Hi, I need to write a batch file/shell script that runs at specified intervals daily and deletes specified set of files. Can anyone pls help me with the code. Thanks, Indom. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Indom
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

batch delete using find, files with # character

UPDATE: Sorry, disregard this. It did work, I made a mistake; I just shouldn't have been using maxdepth. I do think it is good to know, however, that find | grep '#' | xargs rm will "clean up" funnily named files in a directory. Of course, some of those funnily named files are there... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tphyahoo
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

delete pattern files in sub directories

Hello friends, I am compiling some set of SQL scripts in a set of sub directories demoed as below. After compiling log files are being created. Each and every time after compiling time I had to go subdir by subdir to delete the log files. I am sure there should be simple way to look for all log... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: adurga
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Batch delete specific folder from user home directories

Hi! Need your help. How can I delete the cache folder of multiple user home directories via automatically executed shell script on a Mac OS X Server? Example: The userdata are stored on a Xsan Volume like this: /Volumes/Xsan/userdata/mike /Volumes/Xsan/userdata/peter... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nipodrom
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Batch Renaming: Change files' extensions in many sub-directories

Hi all - I'm trying to rename a large number of files all at once and need some help figuring out the command line syntax to do it. I've already done quite a bit of research with the rename and mv commands, but so far haven't found a solution that seems to work for me. So: The files exist... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: dave920
10 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cron job to delete files

Hi everyone! I'm sorry, I'm a total noob but would really appreciate any advice or help. I want to create a cron job that would run every hour and would look inside a few different folders. If any new files were created within those folders within the last hour they would be destroyed, but any... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jessn
2 Replies

7. OS X (Apple)

Batch file to move video files and retain sub-directories

I have just purchased my first ever Apple computer - and am therefore new to UNIX also. I would like to create a simple "batch file" (apologies if this is the wrong terminology) to do the following: When I plug my camera into the MAC it automatically downloads photos and videos into a new... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mm0mss
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing a batch of files within a shell script with option to refire the individual files in batch

Hello everyone. I am new to shell scripting and i am required to create a shell script, the purpose of which i will explain below. I am on a solaris server btw. Before delving into the requirements, i will give youse an overview of what is currently in place and its purpose. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: goddevil
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete files in group of directories

OS: SUNOS 5.10 i386 Hello guys I wrote a shell script in bash shell to delete the files less than 30 days old. The following is the script. ======================================= #!/bin/bash for dirs in `/clu04/oracle/directory_list.lst` do find $dirs -type f -mtime -30 -exec rm {} \;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zacsparrow
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delete directories and files with xargs?

Hello, i have an dynamical apache_cache that I need to clean all days (older tant one day) with an unix command : find /usr/IBM/HTTPServer/apache_cache/ -name '*' -mtime +1 -print0|xargs -0 rm -r -- but it didn't work. Could you explain me why. So I will put below all my script :... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: steiner
13 Replies
DH_INSTALLINIT(1)						     Debhelper							 DH_INSTALLINIT(1)

NAME
dh_installinit - install init scripts and/or upstart jobs into package build directories SYNOPSIS
dh_installinit [debhelperoptions] [--name=name] [-n] [-R] [-r] [-d] [--params] DESCRIPTION
dh_installinit is a debhelper program that is responsible for installing init scripts with associated defaults files, as well as upstart job files into package build directories. It also automatically generates the postinst and postrm and prerm commands needed to set up the symlinks in /etc/rc*.d/ to start and stop the init scripts. FILES
debian/package.init If this exists, it is installed into etc/init.d/package in the package build directory. debian/package.default If this exists, it is installed into etc/default/package in the package build directory. debian/package.upstart If this exists, it is installed into etc/init/package.conf in the package build directory. OPTIONS
-n, --noscripts Do not modify postinst/postrm/prerm scripts. -o, --onlyscripts Only modify postinst/postrm/prerm scripts, do not actually install any init script, default files, or upstart job. May be useful if the init script or upstart job is shipped and/or installed by upstream in a way that doesn't make it easy to let dh_installinit find it. -R, --restart-after-upgrade Do not stop the init script until after the package upgrade has been completed. This is different than the default behavior, which stops the script in the prerm, and starts it again in the postinst. This can be useful for daemons that should not have a possibly long downtime during upgrade. But you should make sure that the daemon will not get confused by the package being upgraded while it's running before using this option. -r, --no-restart-on-upgrade Do not stop init script on upgrade. --no-start Do not start the init script on install or upgrade, or stop it on removal. Only call update-rc.d. Useful for rcS scripts. -d, --remove-d Remove trailing d from the name of the package, and use the result for the filename the upstart job file is installed as in etc/init/ , and for the filename the init script is installed as in etc/init.d and the default file is installed as in etc/default/ . This may be useful for daemons with names ending in d. (Note: this takes precedence over the --init-script parameter described below.) -uparams --update-rcd-params=params -- params Pass params to update-rc.d(8). If not specified, defaults will be passed to update-rc.d(8). --name=name Install the init script (and default file) as well as upstart job file using the filename name instead of the default filename, which is the package name. When this parameter is used, dh_installinit looks for and installs files named debian/package.name.init, debian/package.name.default and debian/package.name.upstart instead of the usual debian/package.init, debian/package.default and debian/package.upstart. --init-script=scriptname Use scriptname as the filename the init script is installed as in etc/init.d/ (and also use it as the filename for the defaults file, if it is installed). If you use this parameter, dh_installinit will look to see if a file in the debian/ directory exists that looks like package.scriptname and if so will install it as the init script in preference to the files it normally installs. This parameter is deprecated, use the --name parameter instead. This parameter is incompatible with the use of upstart jobs. --error-handler=function Call the named shell function if running the init script fails. The function should be provided in the prerm and postinst scripts, before the #DEBHELPER# token. NOTES
Note that this command is not idempotent. dh_prep(1) should be called between invocations of this command. Otherwise, it may cause multiple instances of the same text to be added to maintainer scripts. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHORS
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> Steve Langasek <steve.langasek@canonical.com> 9.20120909 2012-04-10 DH_INSTALLINIT(1)