Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Formatting Output
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Formatting Output Post 302191215 by Ygor on Thursday 1st of May 2008 11:14:52 PM
Old 05-02-2008
Just use printf on its own, not through awk, e.g...
Code:
var1="ONE"
var2="TWO"
-----
-----
----
printf '%s %-51s %s %-7s %s\n' $var1 $var2 $var3 $var4 $var5

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting the output

Hi all, Have the following code(1) producing the results(2 & 3). Would like to know if there is a way to format the two reports created in a similar fashion. IE - The first is formatted nicely as a result of the echo "$xmpbdate $xavgs" >> $xmpbrpt However when I attempt to do the same on... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cameron
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

formatting output

Hi need some advice.. #grep -i hostname test.csv (gives the below output) HOSTNAME,name,host_test,,,,,,,, Now I need to format the above output as below. HOSTNAME: name=host_test Any easy way of doing this using awk or sed or printf? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: balaji_prk
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

more help with formatting ls output...

Ok, for a fun project, my goal is to replicate the style of "catalog" on an old apple ] *A 002 SOMEAPPLESOFTFILE B 004 SOMEFILE T 006 SOMETEXT I 002 SOMEINTEGERFILE The first character is either " " or "*" depending on if the file is locked or not. Next is the filetype, so in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: patrick99e99
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting ls output

I am using find and ls to search for "warez" files on my server. find /home/ -regex ".*\.\(avi\|mp3\|mpeg\|mpg\|iso\)" -print0 | xargs -0 ls -oh This command produces this: -rw-r--r-- 1 1000 3.2M Feb 18 2009 /home/user/public_html/lupus.mp3 I want to only get this 3.2M... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bonrad
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

formatting output

Sorry for being a n00b, but I'm having a lot more trouble than I should with formatting the output to the program I finally completed. I'm basically looking for the linux equivalent to setw( ) from c++ so that I can print things in columns like this (but without the underlines lol): MISSPELLED: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aikaterinimak
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting of output

Hi Experts, I have to create a report for certain audit and my output looks as follows I m trying to format my output to look like Any inputs would be highly appreciated Thanks Syed (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: maverick_here
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output Formatting

Hi Guys I need help removing some lines from output i am receiving from a shell script. Here is the output: http://i52.tinypic.com/10z0fut.png I am trying to remove the output that i have circled. . ${EDW}/extracts/bin/extracts_setup2.sh . ${EDW}/extracts/extracts.conf ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mooey1232003
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting the output

Hi, I have a file which contents entries in this form. Only in /data4/temp abc.000001 Only in /data4/temp abc.000003 Only in /data4/temp abc.000012 Only in /data4/temp abc.000120 Only in /data4/temp abc.000133 Only in /data4/temp abc.001444 i want to read line by line and format... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arijitsaha
2 Replies

9. AIX

Help Formatting Output

I am using FORTRAN 90 on AIX 5.3 and need to output my data to a tab-delimited file. It must have actual tabs, and I cannot figure out a way to make it work. The resulting file will be imported into another application (quickbooks) as an .iif file....for some reason, it needs the tabs; spaces do... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: KathyB148
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting the Output

Hi, I am trying to use printf command and format certain output in a specific format as under: While the left side (upto |) of the above format is part of a fixed header function, the right side is where i am expecting data to be printed. However, as seen, Row1 value is reflecting on last... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: EmbedUX
5 Replies
QAxScript(3qt)															    QAxScript(3qt)

NAME
QAxScript - Wrapper around script code SYNOPSIS
This class is part of the Qt ActiveQt Extension. #include <qaxscript.h> Inherits QObject. Public Members enum FunctionFlags { FunctionNames = 0, FunctionSignatures } QAxScript ( const QString & name, QAxScriptManager * manager ) ~QAxScript () bool load ( const QString & code, const QString & language = QString::null ) QStringList functions ( FunctionFlags flags = FunctionNames ) const QString scriptCode () const QString scriptName () const QAxScriptEngine * scriptEngine () const QVariant call ( const QString & function, const QVariant & var1 = QVariant ( ), const QVariant & var2 = QVariant ( ), const QVariant & var3 = QVariant ( ), const QVariant & var4 = QVariant ( ), const QVariant & var5 = QVariant ( ), const QVariant & var6 = QVariant ( ), const QVariant & var7 = QVariant ( ), const QVariant & var8 = QVariant ( ) ) QVariant call ( const QString & function, QValueList<QVariant> & arguments ) Signals void entered () void finished () void finished ( const QVariant & result ) void finished ( int code, const QString & source, const QString & description, const QString & help ) void stateChanged ( int state ) void error ( int code, const QString & description, int sourcePosition, const QString & sourceText ) DESCRIPTION
This class is defined in the Qt ActiveQt Extension, which can be found in the qt/extensions directory. It is not included in the main Qt API. The QAxScript class provides a wrapper around script code. Every instance of the QAxScript class represents a piece of scripting code in a particular scripting language. The code is loaded into the script engine using load(). Functions declared in the code can be called using call(). The script provides scriptEngine() provides feedback to the application through signals. The most important signal is the error() signal. Direct access to the QAxScriptEngine is provided through the scriptEngine() function. Warning: This class is not available with the bcc5.5 and MingW compilers. Member Type Documentation QAxScript::FunctionFlags This FunctionFlags enum describes formatting for function introspection. QAxScript::FunctionNames - Only function names are returned. QAxScript::FunctionSignatures - Returns the functions with signatures. MEMBER FUNCTION DOCUMENTATION
QAxScript::QAxScript ( const QString & name, QAxScriptManager * manager ) Constructs a QAxScript object called name and registers it with the QAxScriptManager manager. This is usually done by the QAxScriptManager class when loading a script. A script should always have a name. A manager is necessary to allow the script code to reference objects in the application. The manager takes ownership of the object. QAxScript::~QAxScript () Destroys the object, releasing all allocated resources. QVariant QAxScript::call ( const QString & function, const QVariant & var1 = QVariant ( ), const QVariant & var2 = QVariant ( ), const QVariant & var3 = QVariant ( ), const QVariant & var4 = QVariant ( ), const QVariant & var5 = QVariant ( ), const QVariant & var6 = QVariant ( ), const QVariant & var7 = QVariant ( ), const QVariant & var8 = QVariant ( ) ) Calls function, passing the parameters var1, var1, var2, var3, var4, var5, var6, var7 and var8 as arguments and returns the value returned by the function, or an invalid QVariant if the function does not return a value or when the function call failed. See QAxScriptManager::call() for more information about how to call script functions. QVariant QAxScript::call ( const QString & function, QValueList<QVariant> & arguments ) This is an overloaded member function, provided for convenience. It behaves essentially like the above function. Calls function passing arguments as parameters, and returns the result. Returns when the script's execution has finished. See QAxScriptManager::call() for more information about how to call script functions. void QAxScript::entered () [signal] This signal is emitted when a script engine has started executing code. void QAxScript::error ( int code, const QString & description, int sourcePosition, const QString & sourceText ) [signal] This signal is emitted when an execution error occured while running a script. code, description, sourcePosition and sourceText contain information about the execution error. void QAxScript::finished () [signal] This signal is emitted when a script engine has finished executing code. void QAxScript::finished ( const QVariant & result ) [signal] This is an overloaded member function, provided for convenience. It behaves essentially like the above function. result contains the script's result. This will be an invalid QVariant if the script has no return value. void QAxScript::finished ( int code, const QString & source, const QString & description, const QString & help ) [signal] This is an overloaded member function, provided for convenience. It behaves essentially like the above function. code, source, description and help contain exception information when the script terminated. QStringList QAxScript::functions ( FunctionFlags flags = FunctionNames ) const Returns a list of all the functions in this script if the respective script engine supports introspection; otherwise returns an empty list. The functions are either provided with full prototypes or only as names, depending on the value of flags. See also QAxScriptEngine::hasIntrospection(). bool QAxScript::load ( const QString & code, const QString & language = QString::null ) Loads the script source code written in language language into the script engine. Returns TRUE if code was successfully entered into the script engine; otherwise returns FALSE. If language is empty (the default) it will be determined heuristically. If code contains the string End Sub it will be interpreted as VBScript, otherwise as JScript. Additional scripting languages can be registered using QAxScript::registerEngine(). This function can only be called once for each QAxScript object, which is done automatically when using QAxScriptManager::load(). QString QAxScript::scriptCode () const Returns the script's code, or the null-string if no code has been loaded yet. See also load(). QAxScriptEngine * QAxScript::scriptEngine () const Returns a pointer to the script engine. You can use the object returned to connect signals to the script functions, or to access the script engine directly. QString QAxScript::scriptName () const Returns the name of the script. void QAxScript::stateChanged ( int state ) [signal] This signal is emitted when a script engine changes state. state can be any value in the QAxScriptEngineState enumeration. SEE ALSO
http://doc.trolltech.com/qaxscript.html http://www.trolltech.com/faq/tech.html COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1992-2007 Trolltech ASA, http://www.trolltech.com. See the license file included in the distribution for a complete license statement. AUTHOR
Generated automatically from the source code. BUGS
If you find a bug in Qt, please report it as described in http://doc.trolltech.com/bughowto.html. Good bug reports help us to help you. Thank you. The definitive Qt documentation is provided in HTML format; it is located at $QTDIR/doc/html and can be read using Qt Assistant or with a web browser. This man page is provided as a convenience for those users who prefer man pages, although this format is not officially supported by Trolltech. If you find errors in this manual page, please report them to qt-bugs@trolltech.com. Please include the name of the manual page (qaxscript.3qt) and the Qt version (3.3.8). Trolltech AS 2 February 2007 QAxScript(3qt)