Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX copy a fs with the same privileges Post 302190478 by itik on Tuesday 29th of April 2008 05:45:08 PM
Old 04-29-2008
the command is like this "cp -R -p -h /fs/* /newfs"

forgot it already...

Last edited by itik; 04-30-2008 at 02:49 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

User Privileges

I have used several Linux Flavors and now I need to know something. I have the ROOT user and then I have my personal user. What I need to do is for my normal user to be able to write files to directories where appearntly, only the root user has privileges. For example, to write files to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gdboling
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

privileges

I have a website that I am working on and one of the pages allows people to upload pictures to be used on other pages. My question is: is it safe to set the privileges to 777 on the folder that the pictures are saved in? Or would that open up my site to be hacked, bugged, wormed...and everything... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: paladaxar
1 Replies

3. Programming

root privileges

Hi I have make a program that needs root privleges but any user can try to run it, so what I want it is, when any user tries( other than root ) to run the program, an input prompt would open to enter root password ( if user knows ) and program will run ( otherwise exit ), and after completing... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumsin
21 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Giving others execute privileges

I'm trying to give everyone execute privileges on one of my small scripts. BUT, I don't want them to be able to view the file, just execute it. As USER1, I have: /usrhome/ncora/script_test CDS> $ls -la drwxrw-rw- 2 ncora ncd 96 Jan 13 15:58 . drwxrwxrwx 7 ncora ncd ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: FredSmith
10 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ACL vs privileges

Hello genius..! what do y'all think of these questions...? help appreciated...! Access Control Lists and privileges.... # Why both file ACLs and user permissions/privileges (not to be confused with rights in ACLs) are used in Windows access control (why not just use one of these)? # In... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: heroine
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

root privileges

Hello, As admin with root rights, to execute any command from another user without password-ask, I do : su - <user> -c "<cmd>" But how can I do to give the same rights to another physical user without using root user ? :confused: I've try to create another user "toor" with the same primary... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: madmat
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can i copy user permissions(privileges) to a group

Hey there I have a problem and i was hoping that you guys could help me out I want to copy a user privileges to a group and i need to copy all privileges(Recursively) every directory with all its sub directories and I tried some solution and it did not work. I used the following command:- ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: The Dark Knight
14 Replies

8. Web Development

no privileges in phpMyAdmin

Salamo Alikom i had install MySQL 5.1.33 binary version for FreeBSD ,when i logging to phpMyAdmin as root i see no privilege to create database ,how can i solve this problem ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SIFE
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Privileges like root

My English is no very good. I must make a bash scripting sh create like a backdoor, and when execute the script a user without privileges convert in super user or root, whithout introducing the password. In Spanish: Crear un script que sirva como puerta trasera al sistema, de manera que al... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kitievbr
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

X11 privileges

Hi What privileges I need to install X11? Or, in other words, can I install X11 without root privileges? The only user that installed X11 will use it. If it depends on OS version, here is the list of operating systems: Linux Red Hat Enterprise AS/ES 4.0/4.5/5 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lleontiev
1 Replies
DUMPFS(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						 DUMPFS(8)

NAME
dumpfs -- dump UFS file system information SYNOPSIS
dumpfs [-f] [-l] [-m] filesys | device DESCRIPTION
The dumpfs utility prints out the UFS super block and cylinder group information for the file system or special device specified, unless the -f, -l or -m flag is specified. The listing is very long and detailed. This command is useful mostly for finding out certain file system information such as the file system block size and minimum free space percentage. If -f is specified, a sorted list of all free fragments and free fragment ranges, as represented in cylinder group block free lists, is printed. If the flag is specified twice, contiguous free fragments are not collapsed into ranges and instead printed in a simple list. Fragment numbers may be converted to raw byte offsets by multiplying by the fragment size, which may be useful when recovering deleted data. If -l is specified, the pathname to the file system's container derived from its unique identifier is printed. If -m is specified, a newfs(8) command is printed that can be used to generate a new file system with equivalent settings. Please note that newfs(8) options -E, -R, -S, and -T are not handled and -p is not useful in this case so is omitted. Newfs(8) options -n and -r are neither checked for nor output but should be. The -r flag is needed if the filesystem uses gjournal(8). SEE ALSO
disktab(5), fs(5), disklabel(8), fsck(8), newfs(8), tunefs(8) HISTORY
The dumpfs utility appeared in 4.2BSD. BSD
May 16, 2013 BSD