Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: generating line numbers
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting generating line numbers Post 302190105 by sam4now on Monday 28th of April 2008 04:41:47 PM
Old 04-28-2008
generating line numbers

hello All

Do anybody know how to generat number line
that is puting the number of lines at the begining of a new line, with d bracket by the side
say
1)
2)
3)

any help would be nice

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Printing line numbers

Maybe this question is out there, but I searched and didnt see it. To print my files I use more filename | lpr -Pprinter I would like to print my scripts with line numbers. How do I do this? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MizzGail
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

generating random numbers with hamming distance 4

Hi I want to genrate 10 random 32 bit binary numbers with hamming distance 4 and 8. 11010110010101010101010101010101 11010110010101010100010101010010 if we look carefully at these two binary numbers they differ at 4 places hence hamming distance 4. Now I want to genrate these numbers... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hack_tom
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Add line numbers to end of each line

Hi i would like to add line numbers to end of each line in a file. I am able to do it in the front of each line using sed, but not able to add at the end of the file. Can anyone suggest The following code adds line number to start of each line sed = filename | sed 'N;s/\n/\t/' how can i... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rudoraj
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Generating line number

Hi, I am generating a file through some Datastage commands: cat $TempDir/stage.txt |while read line do stagename=`echo $line` dsjob -llinks $proj $jobname $stagename 2>/dev/null >> $TempDir/LinkName.txt Now i have to assign the number... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amey Joshi
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Display Line numbers

Hi all experts, I am getting error in my shell scripts and i want to find out which lines is in errors. How i can display the line numbers . Is it NU command? Please give me some suggestions. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ma466
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generating random numbers

Hi, I am having trouble with generating random numbers. can this be done with awk? So I have a file that looks like this: 23 30 24 40 26 34 So column1 is start and column2 is end. I want to generate 3 random #'s between start and stop: So the output will look like this: ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: phil_heath
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

More with line numbers

Hi All, How to get line numbers when we more on a file in LINUX thanks firestar (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: firestar
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generating Gaussian Distributed Random Numbers

I want to generate an awk function that generated a Gaussian distributed set of random numbers. I need to implement the thing below in awk. Rnd is just a uniform random number between 0 and 1 function rgaussian(r1, r2) { Do v1 = 2 * Rnd - 1 v2 = 2 * Rnd - 1 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assign Line Numbers to each line of the file

Hi! I'm trying to assign line numbers to each line of the file for example consider the following.. The contents of the input file are hello how are you? I'm fine. How about you? I'm trying to get the following output.. 1 hello how are you? 2 I'm fine. 3 How about you? ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: abk07
8 Replies

10. Programming

generating pair of numbers in special order

I need some help in generating pair of numbers in orders using FORTRAN code. The order is like following. loop_1: 1,2 2,3 3,4 4,5 5,6 6,7 7,8 ..... until <= 2000 loop_2: 1,3 3,5, 5,7 7,9 9,11 11,13 ........until <= 2000 loop_3: 1,4, 4,7 7,10 10,13 13,17 ..... until... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vjramana
3 Replies
queuedefs(4)							   File Formats 						      queuedefs(4)

NAME
queuedefs - queue description file for at, batch, and cron SYNOPSIS
/etc/cron.d/queuedefs DESCRIPTION
The queuedefs file describes the characteristics of the queues managed by cron(1M). Each non-comment line in this file describes one queue. The format of the lines are as follows: q.[njobj][nicen][nwaitw] The fields in this line are: q The name of the queue. a is the default queue for jobs started by at(1); b is the default queue for jobs started by batch (see at(1)); c is the default queue for jobs run from a crontab(1) file. njob The maximum number of jobs that can be run simultaneously in that queue; if more than njob jobs are ready to run, only the first njob jobs will be run, and the others will be run as jobs that are currently running terminate. The default value is 100. nice The nice(1) value to give to all jobs in that queue that are not run with a user ID of super-user. The default value is 2. nwait The number of seconds to wait before rescheduling a job that was deferred because more than njob jobs were running in that job's queue, or because the system-wide limit of jobs executing has been reached. The default value is 60. Lines beginning with # are comments, and are ignored. EXAMPLES
Example 1 A sample file. # # a.4j1n b.2j2n90w This file specifies that the a queue, for at jobs, can have up to 4 jobs running simultaneously; those jobs will be run with a nice value of 1. As no nwait value was given, if a job cannot be run because too many other jobs are running cron will wait 60 seconds before trying again to run it. The b queue, for batch(1) jobs, can have up to 2 jobs running simultaneously; those jobs will be run with a nice(1) value of 2. If a job cannot be run because too many other jobs are running, cron(1M) will wait 90 seconds before trying again to run it. All other queues can have up to 100 jobs running simultaneously; they will be run with a nice value of 2, and if a job cannot be run because too many other jobs are running cron will wait 60 seconds before trying again to run it. FILES
/etc/cron.d/queuedefs queue description file for at, batch, and cron. SEE ALSO
at(1), crontab(1), nice(1), cron(1M) SunOS 5.11 1 Mar 1994 queuedefs(4)