Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Connecting to DB
Operating Systems AIX Connecting to DB Post 302189831 by bakunin on Monday 28th of April 2008 04:34:17 AM
Old 04-28-2008
Just because your thread got closed in the "Shell Programming and Scripting" area (because it smells like homework, looks like homework, feels like homework and most probably *is* homework) that doesn't mean you can open the same thread here.

Closed because of the homework rule and because we are NOT an interactive man-page replacement.

bakunin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

connecting ....sql

if; sqlplus /nolog <<EOF conn / as sysdba spool /tmp/start.out @/oracle/home/start.sql spool off exit EOF fi For this code i am getting error: Test.sh: syntax error at line 7 : `<<' unmatched (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: dreams5617
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

connecting the ip address

Hi, I have three ip address say x.x.x.x , y.y.y.y and z.z.z.z I am connecting to x.x.x.x first and from there i am telnet y.y.y.y and getting into y and from there i am telnet to z i want to know, can we write a script, which can automatically connect from x to y and from y to z.. is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vasikaran
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

connecting unix to vb

how can i check to number of files and directory containing no data in whole system and display it if 'home' is to root directory it contains 10 subdirectory and many files (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shafique
1 Replies

4. Linux

connecting to INTERNET

Hi, I can ping www.yahoo.com (then domain name server is OK) but I can not navigate by Motzila to www.yahoo.com or any other Web Site. What can be the problem ? Mozila is configured in preference /advance to go automaticaly on WEB. We are under RED HAT AS3. What should I check ? Many thanks... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: big123456
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Connecting to the Internet

I have just installed Linux and everything looks great, but how do I get my browser (Mozilla) to connect to my internet service provider? I have a cable connection to Bigpond in Australia, if that means anything - the ISP will not provide support for Linux. Your help would be greatly... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: openhead
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Ftp not connecting to ip

If i do a ftp localhost , it works but if i do a ftp x.x.x.x (ip ) it does not work thoug all the services are running what could be the reason for this bash-3.00# ftp localhost Connected to localhost. 220- bash-3.00# ftp 10.63.25.176 Connected to 10.63.25.176. 421 Service not available,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

connecting through sqlplus

I am trying to connect to one of the oracle sever using uni through sqlplus command: sqlplus -s BOXI_ALPH_AUDITOR,Q078_audit$@Q047 But its not getting connected. I tried using some different server using same syntax its working. What differene i found is the password is having no special... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gander_ss
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connecting database

Hi all, In my concern they gave a task to me do cran job like To write a shell script for To connect a database it should execute a query it should save the output of the query after getting the output it should send a mail to you inbox for every one hour I can able to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: thelakbe
8 Replies

9. Linux

connecting to SSH

Well im on Fedora, and theres no sub section for Fedora so yea Well how do you connect to an SSH, while on a windows terminal? And also to transfer a file from my desktop to a server? how is this done scp command is not working for me (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gangsta
3 Replies

10. Solaris

vpn not connecting

Hi, I have been using using internet explorer on windows for connecting with production server using vpn connection. i want to use same vpn to connect from solaris system to the production server.it is not connecting is there solution (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: malikshahid85
0 Replies
oarsh(1)							   OAR commands 							  oarsh(1)

NAME
oarsh - remote shell connector for OAR batch scheduler. oarcp - oarsh compagnon to copy files from a node or to a node. SYNOPSIS
oarsh [OPTIONS] <NODENAME> [COMMAND] oarcp [OPTIONS] [NODENAME:]<PATHNAME> [NODENAME:]<PATHNAME> DESCRIPTION
Connect a node from the submission frontal of the cluster or any node. OPTIONS
oarsh uses OpenSSH client (the ssh command) underneath to perform the connection. Thus any OpenSSH option can be used. ENVIRONMENT
OAR_JOB_ID From the frontal of the cluster or any node, specify the Id of the job oarsh must connect to. OAR_JOB_KEY_FILE Specify a job key oarsh must use, e.g. the one that was used for the submission of the job you want to connect to. This is mandatory when connecting to a node of a job from a host that does not belong to the nodes managed by the OAR server the job was submitted to. The -i option may be used as well. CONFIGURATION
In order to provide the user with the ability to use oarsh to connect both the nodes of his job or other hosts that live out of the scope of his job, oarsh tries to read two configuration files: first ~/.oarsh-host-include then ~/.oarsh-hosts-exclude. If exist, those files must contain one regular expression matching a hostname per line. At execution time, if oarsh finds in ~/.oarsh-host-include a match for the hostname used in the command line, it continues with the execution of oarsh, skipping ~/.oarsh-hosts-exclude file. If not, it tries to find a match in ~/.oarsh-hosts-exclude and if one is found, then executes ssh with the same command line. Finally, it no match is found (or for instance, if none of those files exists), it continues with the execution of oarsh. For instance, if all nodes look like name-XXX.domain, one may place ^[^.]+-[[:digit:]]+ in ~/.oarsh-host-include and .* in ~/.oarsh-hosts-exclude and then can use oarsh to connect any host. The feature finally becomes really sexy when one considers placing a symlink to oarsh named ssh, and then can always use the ssh command to connect any host. EXAMPLES
Connecting from within our job, from one node to another one (node23): > oarsh node-23 Connecting to a node (node23) of our job (Id: 4242) from the frontal of the cluster: > OAR_JOB_ID=4242 oarsh node-23 Connecting to a node (node23) of our job that was submitted using a job key: > OAR_JOB_KEY_FILE=~/my_key oarsh node-23 Same thing but using OpenSSH-like -i option: > oarsh -i ~/my_key node-23 NOTES
All OpenSSH features should be inherited by oarsh, for instance X11 forwarding. However, one feature that oarsh does break is the SSH Agent. None of OpenSSH user configuration files (within ~/.ssh directory) are used by oarsh. SEE ALSO
oarsub(1), oardel(1) oarstat(1), oarnodes(1), oarhold(1), oarresume(1) COPYRIGHTS
Copyright 2008 Laboratoire d'Informatique de Grenoble (http://www.liglab.fr). This software is licensed under the GNU Library General Public License. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. oarsh 2012-05-23 oarsh(1)