Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Connecting to DB
Operating Systems AIX Connecting to DB Post 302189825 by rollthecoin on Monday 28th of April 2008 03:50:34 AM
Old 04-28-2008
Connecting to DB

Is it possible to connect to two databases in a single query with different username and passwords?

provide an example pls

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

connecting ....sql

if; sqlplus /nolog <<EOF conn / as sysdba spool /tmp/start.out @/oracle/home/start.sql spool off exit EOF fi For this code i am getting error: Test.sh: syntax error at line 7 : `<<' unmatched (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: dreams5617
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

connecting the ip address

Hi, I have three ip address say x.x.x.x , y.y.y.y and z.z.z.z I am connecting to x.x.x.x first and from there i am telnet y.y.y.y and getting into y and from there i am telnet to z i want to know, can we write a script, which can automatically connect from x to y and from y to z.. is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vasikaran
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

connecting unix to vb

how can i check to number of files and directory containing no data in whole system and display it if 'home' is to root directory it contains 10 subdirectory and many files (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shafique
1 Replies

4. Linux

connecting to INTERNET

Hi, I can ping www.yahoo.com (then domain name server is OK) but I can not navigate by Motzila to www.yahoo.com or any other Web Site. What can be the problem ? Mozila is configured in preference /advance to go automaticaly on WEB. We are under RED HAT AS3. What should I check ? Many thanks... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: big123456
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Connecting to the Internet

I have just installed Linux and everything looks great, but how do I get my browser (Mozilla) to connect to my internet service provider? I have a cable connection to Bigpond in Australia, if that means anything - the ISP will not provide support for Linux. Your help would be greatly... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: openhead
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Ftp not connecting to ip

If i do a ftp localhost , it works but if i do a ftp x.x.x.x (ip ) it does not work thoug all the services are running what could be the reason for this bash-3.00# ftp localhost Connected to localhost. 220- bash-3.00# ftp 10.63.25.176 Connected to 10.63.25.176. 421 Service not available,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

connecting through sqlplus

I am trying to connect to one of the oracle sever using uni through sqlplus command: sqlplus -s BOXI_ALPH_AUDITOR,Q078_audit$@Q047 But its not getting connected. I tried using some different server using same syntax its working. What differene i found is the password is having no special... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gander_ss
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connecting database

Hi all, In my concern they gave a task to me do cran job like To write a shell script for To connect a database it should execute a query it should save the output of the query after getting the output it should send a mail to you inbox for every one hour I can able to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: thelakbe
8 Replies

9. Linux

connecting to SSH

Well im on Fedora, and theres no sub section for Fedora so yea Well how do you connect to an SSH, while on a windows terminal? And also to transfer a file from my desktop to a server? how is this done scp command is not working for me (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gangsta
3 Replies

10. Solaris

vpn not connecting

Hi, I have been using using internet explorer on windows for connecting with production server using vpn connection. i want to use same vpn to connect from solaris system to the production server.it is not connecting is there solution (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: malikshahid85
0 Replies
DROPUSER(1)						  PostgreSQL Client Applications					       DROPUSER(1)

NAME
dropuser - remove a PostgreSQL user account SYNOPSIS
dropuser [ options... ] [ username ] DESCRIPTION
dropuser removes an existing PostgreSQL user and the databases which that user owned. Only users with usesuper set in the pg_shadow table can destroy PostgreSQL users. dropuser is a shell script wrapper around the SQL command DROP USER [drop_user(7)] via the PostgreSQL interactive terminal psql(1). Thus, there is nothing special about removing users via this or other methods. This means that the psql must be found by the script and that a database server is running at the targeted host. Also, any default settings and environment variables available to psql and the libpq front-end library do apply. OPTIONS
dropuser accepts the following command-line arguments: username Specifies the name of the PostgreSQL user to be removed. This name must exist in the PostgreSQL installation. You will be prompted for a name if none is specified on the command line. -e --echo Echo the queries that dropuser generates and sends to the server. -i --interactive Prompt for confirmation before actually removing the user. -q --quiet Do not display a response. createuser also accepts the following command-line arguments for connection parameters: -h host --host host Specifies the host name of the machine on which the server is running. If host begins with a slash, it is used as the directory for the Unix domain socket. -p port --port port Specifies the Internet TCP/IP port or local Unix domain socket file extension on which the server is listening for connections. -U username --username username User name to connect as (not the user name to drop) -W --password Force password prompt (to connect to the server, not for the password of the user to be dropped). ENVIRONMENT
PGHOST PGPORT PGUSER Default connection parameters DIAGNOSTICS
DROP USER All is well. dropuser: deletion of user "username" failed Something went wrong. The user was not removed. If there is an error condition, the backend error message will be displayed. See DROP USER [drop_user(7)] and psql(1) for possibilities. EXAMPLES
To remove user joe from the default database server: $ dropuser joe DROP USER To remove user joe using the postmaster on host eden, port 5000, with verification and a peek at the underlying query: $ dropuser -p 5000 -h eden -i -e joe User "joe" and any owned databases will be permanently deleted. Are you sure? (y/n) y DROP USER "joe" DROP USER SEE ALSO
createuser(1), DROP USER [drop_user(7)] Application 2002-11-22 DROPUSER(1)