Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris list tunable parameters and its values (Solaris 8) Post 302189336 by reborg on Friday 25th of April 2008 12:56:10 PM
Old 04-25-2008
You need the Solaris Tunable Parameters Reference Manual. Given that there are different ways of setting some of the parameters, one single command will not sufficed.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Tunable kernel parameters

Hi all, I'm at SCO UNIXWARE 7.1.1, my system's memory is larger than dump device, I have found one kernel tunable parameter at SCO website ie SYSDUMP_SELECTIVE which tells me that if set to 1 system will dump only kernel mapped memory, but I'm not sure how to configure this parameter. As well... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tayyabq8
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

using a vaiable parameters and values to find and tar

This one took HOURS and HOURS of my life. Hopefully this post will save someone the same grief. I am using "-regex" with "find" via a variable. If I echo the command that is constructed, it looks OK. When I paste the echoed text it to the command line it runs fine. But inside the script it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jjminkle
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to update values for the parameters

Hello, I am writing script to substitute values for a parameter in the file but I am getting error. for v1 in grep "pProjectName=" global.cfg do sed -e "/s/$v1/pProjectName=Test/ global.cfg done Please correct me if I am wrong, thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gmahesh2k
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Resetting the Positional parameters values

Hi, Can any one provide the Unix command to reset the positional parameters? Please see the below example where i have to pass 2 parameters to Shell1.sh. Step1) . ./Shell1.sh 2 3 successfully executed, Then i executed(next step only) the same shell script again,this time no... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nmk
4 Replies

5. Red Hat

RHEL 5.5 tcp/ip Tunable list

Is there a documented set of tunables for RHEL 5.5, or what do I need to do get the current list of tcp/ip tunables and values from a system? ---------- Post updated at 03:01 PM ---------- Previous update was at 02:56 PM ---------- Need to follow up, as to how to coorletate between Solaris... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrmurdock
3 Replies

6. HP-UX

Changing Dynamic Tunable parameters in the kernel

To fix an "issue" we're having I need to update SHMMAX from 1GB to 2Gb, it's a dynamic parameter so am just wondering how flexible it really is. As Oracle is running on the server do I need to shut that down to change the parameter or will it just take the change on the fly? Also how would I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Turlock
6 Replies

7. AIX

5. what is tunable parameters?can i altered it ?

what is tunable parameters?can i altered it ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramraj731
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find the X highest values in a list depending on the values of another list with bash/awk?

Hi everyone, This is an exemple of inpout.txt file (a "," delimited text file which can be open as csv file): ID, Code, Value, Store SP|01, AABBCDE, 15, 3 SP|01, AABBCDE, 14, 2 SP|01, AABBCDF, 13, 2 SP|01, AABBCDE, 16, 3 SP|02, AABBCED, 15, 2 SP|01, AABBCDF, 12, 3 SP|01, AABBCDD,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jeremy589
1 Replies
enable_idds(5)							File Formats Manual						    enable_idds(5)

NAME
enable_idds - enable intrusion detection data source VALUES
Failsafe Default Allowed values or Recommended values if HP-UX HIDS is installed, otherwise. DESCRIPTION
From HP-UX 11i Version 3 onwards, the tunable is replaced by the dynamic tunable audit_track_paths(5). If is set to then the HP-UX Host Intrusion Detection System (HP-UX HIDS) can enable the collection of kernel data for intrusion detection. This also causes additional things to be tracked by the kernel, resulting in a small degradation in performance (and increase in kernel memory usage), even if HP-UX HIDS is not in use. Who Is Expected to Change This Tunable? Anyone using HP-UX HIDS. Restrictions on Changing Changes to this tunable take effect at the next reboot. When Should the Tunable Be Turned On? This tunable should be turned on if HP-UX HIDS is installed. The installation will automatically turn on What Are the Side Effects of Turning the Tunable On? The name of the current working directory (and root directory) of every process is tracked, resulting in a change in memory usage and per- formance of the system. When Should the Tunable Be Turned Off? If HP-UX HIDS is not being used should be turned off. What Are the Side Effects of Turning the Tunable Off? When turned off, HP-UX HIDS is unable to use any detection template that uses (See the documentation for HP-UX HIDS for more information on What Other Tunables Should Be Changed at the Same Time? This tunable is independent of other tunables. WARNINGS
This tunable has been replaced by All HP-UX kernel tunable parameters are release-specific. This parameter may be removed or have its meaning changed in future releases of HP-UX. Installation of optional kernel software, from HP or other vendors, may cause changes to tunable parameter values. After installation, some tunable parameters may no longer be at the default or recommended values. For information about the effects of installation on tun- able values, consult the documentation for the kernel software being installed. For information about optional kernel software that was factory installed on your system, see at AUTHOR
was developed by HP. SEE ALSO
audit_track_paths(5), ids.cf(5), OBSOLETED
Tunable Kernel Parameters enable_idds(5)