Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: OpenBoot OEM Logo
Operating Systems Solaris OpenBoot OEM Logo Post 302187191 by Perderabo on Saturday 19th of April 2008 11:52:55 PM
Old 04-20-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparcguy
...but I know played around extensively with forte and obp.Smilie
I think you mean forth. Smilie There's a simple example of that in the openboot manual.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How I can reset Ultra 5 OpenBoot

I'm trying to configure Ultra 5 workstation to be accessed by Win HyperTerminal. I make this change on open boot : setenv input-device ttya setenv output-device ttya boot After that, I can't acess by HyperTerminal and the keyboard / monitor don't work anymore. Anyone... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ubriaco
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

OEM - what does this abbreviation stand for?

Just saw this OEM abbreviation during installation of Solaris 8. I'm curious to know what the letters stand for and what OEM actually is. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kanu77
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

change date on OpenBoot

hi all, I wonder how to change the date and timezone in OpenBoot prompt. Appreciate any idea. Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: andrec
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

OpenBoot Loading Problem

I am using a SunBlade 100 system and accidently set a new alias for keyboard, now when it start it gives the following error, The selected input device has no read routine. Keyboard not present using ttya for input and output. Now i cannot execute any commands on the OBP and i just gets... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumwhriblong
3 Replies

5. Solaris

OpenBoot Simulator

Hi, I would like to know if it's possible find a openboot simulator for solaris to can practice some exercices Thanks a lot and sorry for my english! (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: mierdatuti
11 Replies

6. Solaris

Openboot does not display

Hey guys I just inherited a sun netra 210 from an old Avaya system we had setup and I want to use i for studying for my SCSA/OCA exams but I'm running into alot of problems installing SOL 10 on here. I have no experience with SUN hardware at all but familiar with Solaris. It has SOL 9 but no one... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: blackmantis
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

openboot promt on Solaris VM

Hello, Is it possible to go to the openboot promt on a solaris VM on vmware or virtualbox? Please advise.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lubu
1 Replies
ppmtopgm(1)						      General Commands Manual						       ppmtopgm(1)

NAME
ppmtopgm - convert a portable pixmap into a portable graymap SYNOPSIS
ppmtopgm [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces a portable graymap as output. The output is a "black and white" rendering of the original image, as in a black and white photograph. The quantization formula used is .299 r + .587 g + .114 b. Note that although there is a pgmtoppm program, it is not necessary for simple conversions from pgm to ppm , because any ppm program can read pgm (and pbm ) files automatically. pgmtoppm is for colorizing a pgm file. Also, see ppmtorgb3 for a different way of converting color to gray. And ppmdist generates a grayscale image from a color image, but in a way that makes it easy to differentiate the original colors, not necessarily a way that looks like a black and white photograph. QUOTE
Cold-hearted orb that rules the night Removes the colors from our sight Red is gray, and yellow white But we decide which is right And which is a quantization error. SEE ALSO
pgmtoppm(1),ppmtorgb3(1),rgb3toppm(1),ppmdist(1),ppm(5),pgm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1989 by Jef Poskanzer. 10 April 2000 ppmtopgm(1)