Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat restrict access of a user to two directories only Post 302185620 by vikas027 on Tuesday 15th of April 2008 12:27:59 PM
Old 04-15-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogesh Sawant
this will introduce to chroot jail

this might be useful as well
Thanks Yogesh,
I am trying it,
will get back to you.

Thanks again.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

How to restrict a user group to access the kernel

Hi, Please any one can help me to know that how we can restrict a user group to access the kernel at all. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: harishankar
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Restrict FTP access to a single directory for only one user.

Hi All, It will be very great if you can help me in this issue. Thanks in advance. I need to enable FTP on a solaris9 server. I need to create a new user some "xxxxxx" and he can only FTP the files to and from between /tftpboot directory and network devices. Other users should not... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: santhoshkumar_d
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Restrict user access to their home dir

Hi! i'm using FreeBSD 6.2 and hosting my pc to frens in particular of sensitive information being saved to the PC, i would like to know is it possible for me to restrict user access to their /home dir. only? and also, i wanted to restrict them listing files under /etc thanks all! (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: rdns
10 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Restrict Access to the folder

Hi I have requirement to create 3 new users on my server but to restrict their access to a set of particular folders. /export/home/kapil/shared, /export/home/kapil/shared/Folder1 /export/home/kapil/shared/Folder2 These folders should be accessible to all the 3 users and to me too.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kapilk
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Restrict user access.

Hi All, How can we restrict a particular user access to a particular shell in solaris 10. Thanks in Advance. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rama krishna
5 Replies

6. Red Hat

Restrict user access

Hi there I have an application user on my system that wants accesses to these file systems as such: rwx: /SAPO /SAPS12 /R3_888 /R3_888B /R3_888F /R3_888R r: /usr/sap these are the existing FS permissions:ownerships: # ls -ld /SAPO (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: hedkandi
9 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Rsync on Cygwin - Restrict user to several directories

Hi, I'm using rsync on cygwin (winXP) to sync our files between several laptops and XP (acting as a file server) For simplicity I use the same user account with different certificates over SSH. Now my question is; If a user understands the logic and modifies the rsync command, he can easily... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cemo
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Allow FTP user to access multiple directories

Hi Experts, I am in urgent need of your suggestions. I have below two users in my system: xyz:x:101:101:XYZ System Account:/export/home/xyz:/bin/bash abc:x:2009:10:ftp user only:/export/home/abc:/bin/false Where "xyz" is the crucial one and "abc" is only introduced for FTPing the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sugarcane
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Restrict access

I'm trying to use squid to restrict elinks' access to certain websites(only http traffic). I have tried some configs in squid.conf but no luck. Hope someone has a bit of time to explain me how can you make these config's :) ---------- Post updated at 05:40 PM ---------- Previous update was at... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Birnbacher
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generate list of directories that a user has access to

I manage an AIX OS 7.1 system on IBM Power 770. I want to find out which directories/folders a particular user has read/write access to. How can I cleanly create a list of all directories on the system that a user has access to.. Does this make sense? Thanks in Advance, NEWB:rolleyes: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: code911
3 Replies
pure-quotacheck(8)						     Pure-FTPd							pure-quotacheck(8)

NAME
pure-quotacheck - Update virtual quota files for Pure-FTPd SYNTAX
pure-quotacheck -u username/gid -d home directory [-g group/gid] DESCRIPTION
pure-quotacheck create a .ftpquota file in the specified directory. This file contains the current file and size of the directory, and it is used by Pure-FTPd when virtual quotas are enabled. It's recommended to periodically run pure-quotacheck for every user, in crontabs. OPTIONS
-d <directory> Scans the specified <directory>. -g <group or gid> Sets the group files will be scanned as. This is optional : if a user name is passed to -u</fR>, group are automatically retrieved. -u <user or uid> Set the user name files will be scanned as. This is mandatory, and it can't be "root". -h Output usage information and exit. FILES
.ftpquota EXAMPLES
To run this program the standard way type: pure-quotacheck -u john -d /home/john AUTHORS
Frank DENIS <j at pureftpd dot org> SECURITY
pure-quotacheck switches real and effective uids/gids as soon as possible. Root privileges are never given back. pure-quotacheck refuses to scan directories with uid = 0 (root) or gid = 0 (wheel/root) . pure-quotacheck performs a chroot() call to the home directory. It never traverses parent directories. pure-quotacheck only scans real files (no socket, no pipe, etc) . pure-quotacheck enforces read access on directories to prevent against people doing chmod 0 before a quota scan. pure-quotacheck enforces write access on the home directory to properly write the .ftpquota file. pure-quotacheck never scans the same inode/device pair twice. SEE ALSO
ftp(1), pure-ftpd(8) pure-ftpwho(8) pure-mrtginfo(8) pure-uploadscript(8) pure-statsdecode(8) pure-pw(8) pure-quotacheck(8) pure-authd(8) RFC 959, RFC 2228, RFC 2389 and RFC 2428. Pure-FTPd team 1.0.36 pure-quotacheck(8)