Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting extract and format information from a file Post 302183967 by sujoy101 on Thursday 10th of April 2008 08:10:51 AM
Old 04-10-2008
extract and format information from a file

Hi,

Following is sample portion of the file;

<JDBCConnectionPool DriverName="oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver"
MaxCapacity="10" Name="MyApp_DevPool"
PasswordEncrypted="{3DES}7tXFH69Xg1c="
Properties="user=MYAPP_ADMIN" ShrinkingEnabled="false"
Targets="myapp_server" TestTableName="SQL SELECT 1 FROM DUAL" URL="jdbcSmilieracle:thin:@myserver.net:1521:dbs130"/>

Is there any way (through shell script) I can select information as following :

DriverName=="oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver"
Name=="MyApp_DevPool"
URL="jdbcSmilieracle:thin:@myserver.net:1521:dbs130"

Any suggestion will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Sujoy

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract a piece of information from a huge file

Hello All, I need some assistance to extract a piece of information from a huge file. The file is like this one : database information ccccccccccccccccc ccccccccccccccccc ccccccccccccccccc ccccccccccccccccc os information cccccccccccccccccc cccccccccccccccccc... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Marcor
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract information from Log file formatted

Good evening! Trying to make a shell script to parse log file and show only required information. log file has 44 fields and alot of lines, each columns separated by ":". log file is like: first_1:3:4:5:6:1:3:4:5:something:notinterested second_2:3:4:3:4:2 first_1:3:4:6:6:7:8 I am interested... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dummie55
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create shell script to extract unique information from one file to a new file.

Hi to all, I got this content/pattern from file http.log.20110808.gz mail1 httpd: Account Notice: close igchung@abc.com 2011/8/7 7:37:36 0:00:03 0 0 1 mail1 httpd: Account Information: login sastria9@abc.com proxy sid=gFp4DLm5HnU mail1 httpd: Account Notice: close sastria9@abc.com... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr_47
16 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract information from a log file (last days)

I'm still new to bash script , I have a log file and I want to extract the items within the last 5 days . and also within the last 10 hours the log file is like this : it has 14000 items started from march 2002 to january 2003 awk '{print $4}' < *.log |uniq -c|sort -g|tail -10 but... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: matarsak
14 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract various information from a log file

Hye ShamRock If you can help me with this difficult task for me then it will save my day Logs : ================================================================================================================== ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SilvesterJ
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract information from a file?

Hi, i have a file like this: <Iteration> <Iteration_iter-num>3</Iteration_iter-num> <Iteration_query-ID>lcl|3_0</Iteration_query-ID> <Iteration_query-def>G383C4U01EQA0A length=197</Iteration_query-def> <Iteration_query-len>197</Iteration_query-len> ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: the_simpsons
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract information from txt file

Hello! I need help :) I have a file like this: AA BC FG RF TT GH DD FF HH (a few number of rows and three columns) and I want to put the letters of each column in a variable step by step in order to give them as input in another script. So I would like to obtain: for the 1° loop:... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: edekP
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract information from file

Gents, If is possible please help. I have a big file (example attached) which contends exactly same value in column, but from column 2 to 6 these values are diff. I will like to compile for all records all columns like the example attached in .csv format (output.rar ).. The last column in the... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiam912
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract information from file

In a particular directory, there can be 1000 files like below. filename is job901.ksh #!/bin/ksh cront -x << EOJ submit file=$PRODPATH/scripts/genReport.sh maxdelay=30 &node=xnode01 tname=job901 &pfile1=/prod/mldata/data/test1.dat ... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: vedanta
17 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

awk script to extract transcript information from gff3 file

I need help to extract transcript information from gff3 file. Here is the input Chr01 JGI gene 82773 86941 . - . ID=Potri.001G000900;Name=Potri.001G000900 Chr01 JGI mRNA 82793 86530 . - . ID=PAC:27047814;Name=Potri.001G000900.1;pacid=27047814;longest=1;Parent=Potri.001G000900... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maduranga
6 Replies
EXTRACTOR(1)						  The Canonical Csound Reference					      EXTRACTOR(1)

NAME
extractor - Extract a section of audio from an audio file. . DESCRIPTION
Extract a section of audio, by time or sample, from an existing sound file. SYNTAX
extractor [OPTIONS ... ] infile INITIALIZATION
Flags: o -S integer = Start the extract at the given sample number. o -Z integer = End the extract at the given sample number. o - Q integer = Extract given number of samples. o -T fpnum = Start the extract at the given time in seconds. o -E fpnum = End the extract at the given time in seconds. o -D fpnum = Extract given time in seconds. o -v = Verbose mode. o -R = Continually rewrite the header while writing soundfile (WAV/AIFF). o -H integer = Show a "heart-beat" to indicate progress, in style 1, 2 or 3. o -N = Alert call (usually ringing the bell) when finished. o -v = Verbose mode. o -o fname = output file name (default: test.wav) EXAMPLES
The default values are extractor -S 0 -Z end-of-file -otest For example extractor -S 10234 -D 2.13 in.aiff -o out.wav This creates a new sound file taken from sample 10234 and lasting 2.13 seconds. CREDITS
Author: John ffitch 1994 AUTHORS
Barry Vercoe MIT Media Lab Author. Dan Ellis MIT Media Lab, Cambridge Massachussetts Author. COPYRIGHT
5.10 08/01/2011 EXTRACTOR(1)