Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: pkgadd help
Operating Systems Solaris pkgadd help Post 302183120 by mokkan on Tuesday 8th of April 2008 10:04:08 AM
Old 04-08-2008
pkgadd help

I'm trying to install a package and it worked on most of the sun boxes and one of the box is just freezing and not going further. Her is the output.

pkgadd -d packagename.dstream

Select package(s) you wish to process (or 'all' to process
all packages). (default: all) [?,??,q]:

Processing package instance <xxx> from </path of the package>

xxxx for Sybase on Solaris package
(sun4) 2.6

Any help would be appreciated. What log file I can check?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pkgadd / gnutar

I have sucessfully installed GNUtar using pkgadd but with some questions: When I tried to install with pkgadd -d GNUtar (which is the directory of the package) - I received the error "pkgadd: command not found" Then I tried the same but with pkgadd -d. GNUtar and it installed fine. (found... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: finster
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

pkgadd

I am adding gcc 3.3.2 to my unix box what is the best way to do it???? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alsande
4 Replies

3. Solaris

pkgadd

is there an option in pkgadd to accept the default option? I want to use pkgadd in a script and do not want to stop at intercative questions. thx. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
6 Replies

4. Solaris

pkgadd?

Hi all. Is there an option to #pkgadd to test if package bundle you want to install requires a reboot? #pkgadd -d "package bundle" an option like test or a dry run? Suggestions, anyone? :confused: Reloader (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Reloader
2 Replies

5. Solaris

pkgadd woes

Morning all, I am attempting to load a package from a Solaris 8 CDROM. This fails with the error : "pkgadd: ERROR: unable to access pkgmap file </cdrom/ .........../SUNWlibC/pkgmap> No changes were made to the system" Any help would be appreciated Andy (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: AndyD
6 Replies

6. Solaris

Pkgadd error

Hi All, Good Mng,Here I am getting one error while adding the top package to one of my Aun server. root@HYDREM01 # pkgadd -d top-3.6.1-sol9-sparc-local The following packages are available: 1 SMCtop top (sparc) 3.6.1 Select package(s) you wish to process (or... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lbreddy
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

pkgadd question

Hi, Please could someone help me, understand how pkgadd works within unix. I have a software file, and I need to package this up and then pkgadd this to another server. Please could some advise me the best way to do this. regards venhart (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: venhart
2 Replies

8. Solaris

pkgadd changes permissions of /etc

Hi, when I install a package using pkgadd, it correctly installs the binary files with the user name that I want. However it also changes the permissions of /etc/rc2.d. I don't want this to happen. I want to retain original owner of /etc/rc2.d as it is. I could see that before installing,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: funwithdolphin
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Pkgadd with firefox

I am using Solaris 10, and trying to keep a number of old Sun workstations running. Since version 17 of firefox, I have had problems using pkgadd, and had to use tar to un-archive the components of firefox. Is this just a problem with firefox (and probably thunderbird), or is pkgadd broken (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jkoval
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Pkgadd issue

Good Afternoon, I have 3 video driver packages in a directory that need to be installed. on a SunBlade 2500 running Solaris9. When I try running pkgadd -d /Recovery/CloneDrivers/SUNWpfbcf for example, I get pkgadd: ERROR: no packages were found in </var/spool/pkg> Permissions are 755, owner... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stellaman1977
3 Replies
depend(4)							   File Formats 							 depend(4)

NAME
depend - software dependencies file DESCRIPTION
depend is an ASCII file used to specify information concerning software dependencies for a particular package. The file is created by a software developer. Each entry in the depend file describes a single software package. The instance of the package is described after the entry line by giving the package architecture and/or version. The format of each entry and subsequent instance definition is: type pkg name (arch)version (arch)version ... The fields are: type Defines the dependency type. Must be one of the following characters: P Indicates a prerequisite for installation; for example, the referenced package or versions must be installed. I Implies that the existence of the indicated package or version is incompatible. R Indicates a reverse dependency. Instead of defining the package's own dependencies, this designates that another package depends on this one. This type should be used only when an old package does not have a depend file, but relies on the newer package nonetheless. Therefore, the present package should not be removed if the designated old package is still on the system since, if it is removed, the old package will no longer work. pkg Indicates the package abbreviation. name Specifies the full package name. (arch)version Specifies a particular instance of the software. A version name cannot begin with a left parenthesis. The instance specifi- cations, both (arch) and version, are completely optional, but each (arch)version pair must begin on a new line that begins with white space. A null version set equates to any version of the indicated package. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Sample of depend file Here are the contents of a sample depend file, for the SUNWftpr (FTP Server) package, stored in /var/sadm/pkg/SUNWftpr/install: P SUNWcar Core Architecture, (Root) P SUNWkvm Core Architecture, (Kvm) P SUNWcsr Core Solaris, (Root) P SUNWcsu Core Solaris, (Usr) P SUNWcsd Core Solaris Devices P SUNWcsl Core Solaris Libraries R SUNWftpu FTP Server, (Usr) SEE ALSO
pkginfo(4) Application Packaging Developer's Guide SunOS 5.10 4 Oct 1996 depend(4)