Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Calling shell functions from another shell script Post 302181791 by vgersh99 on Friday 4th of April 2008 06:35:29 AM
Old 04-04-2008
1.sh:
Code:
#!/bin/ksh
fun1() {
  typeset arg1="${1}"
  echo "in 1.sh::fun1 arg1->[${arg1}]"
}

2.sh:
Code:
#!/bin/ksh
echo "in 2.sh"
. 1.sh

fun1 "foo"

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling shell script ?

hi friends, i'm new to unix and straight away i had to start with the script files. I've a script file which gets called from a menu item on a GUI. This script file again calls .awk file, in performing some tasks , which also generates certain files. I modified the files to generate some... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ravi_Kandula
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script functions

Simple shell script : date test_fn() { echo "function within test shell script " } on the shell prompt I run > . test Then I invoke the function on the command line as below : test_fn() It echos the line function within test shell script and works as expected. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: r_subrahmanian
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating functions in shell script

hi friends, I am working with shell commands and all these works properly. Then i created a small function which includes these commands. Now the problem arises. When the commands are run by calling this fuction.it shows error. Why i am not able to run the unix command inside a function.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gjithin
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling Functions of Other K Shell Program

Hi, I have a K shell a.ksh function abc { // Some logic } In b.ksh i have included the a.ksh ./a.ksh I want to call the abc function from this b.ksh script. Thanks Vijay (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijaykrc
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling another shell script

Hi there, I have an script reading content of a file and runs whatever command is specified there, as follows #!/bin/bash # Supposed to read from a file that commands are listed to be run # when the server starts for initialization CMD_FILE=/myScripts/startup/task2do.txt if ; then ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: james gordon
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

using library functions in shell script

hey guys, i made up a library file called common.lib so as to reuse the same code without typing it again. here is the code. its pretty basic . ## This is the second function compare() { file1 = $1 file2 = $2 cmp $file1 $file2 if then echo "comparison is possible"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Irishboy24
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling 'n' number of shell scripts based on dependency in one shell script.

Hello gurus, I have three korn shell script 3.1, 3.2, 3.3. I would like to call three shell script in one shell script. i m looking for something like this call 3.1; If 3.1 = "complete" then call 3.2; if 3.2 = ''COMPlete" then call 3.3; else exit The... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shashi369
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is it possible make the shell read functions 1 by 1 and calling an other function?

Greetings, I m wondering if it's possible do do the following : I have a simple function called "FindMoveDelete" which does the following : FindMoveDelete() { find . -iname "$FILENAME*.ext" -exec mv {} "$PATH/$VAR" \; && find . -maxdepth 1 -type d -iname "$FILENAME*" -exec rm -rf {}... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sekullos
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Functions in a shell script

so i have a very big script that has the following format: functionA () { .... ... .... } Results=$(functionA) the code inside of functionA is very huge. so by the time the script gets to the "Results=" part, several seconds have already passed. the script is about 15MB in size.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to find C programming functions using shell script?

I want to find c function definition with pattern with shell script by checking condition for each line: data_type functionname(param_list){ .... } I knew cscope or ctag is usable for this task, but if there any ways to do without using them. I am thinking of checking line condition... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmdcmd
3 Replies
COLORS(3)						   libbash colors Library Manual						 COLORS(3)

NAME
colors -- libbash library for setting tty colors. SYNOPSIS
colorSet <color> colorReset colorPrint [<indent>] <color> <text> colorPrintN [<indent>] <color> <text> DESCRIPTION
General colors is a collection of functions that make it very easy to put colored text on tty. The function list: colorSet Sets the color of the prints to the tty to COLOR colorReset Resets current tty color back to normal colorPrint Prints TEXT in the color COLOR indented by INDENT (without adding a newline) colorPrintN The same as colorPrint, but trailing newline is added Detailed interface description follows. Available colors: Green Red Yellow White The color parameter is non-case-sensitive (i.e. RED, red, ReD, and all the other forms are valid and are the same as Red). FUNCTIONS DESCRIPTIONS
colorSet <color> Sets the current printing color to color. colorReset Resets current tty color back to normal. colorPrint [<indent>] <color> Prints text using the color color indented by indent (without adding a newline). Parameters: <indent> The column to move to before start printing. This parameter is optional. If ommitted - start output from current cursor position. <color> The color to use. <color> The text to print. colorPrintN [<indent>] <color> The same as colorPrint, except a trailing newline is added. EXAMPLES
Printing a green 'Hello World' with a newline: Using colorSet: $ colorSet green $ echo 'Hello World' $ colorReset Using colorPrint: $ colorPrint 'Hello World'; echo Using colorPrintN: $ colorPrintN 'Hello World' AUTHORS
Hai Zaar <haizaar@haizaar.com> Gil Ran <gil@ran4.net> SEE ALSO
ldbash(1), libbash(1) Linux Epoch Linux