Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: share memory on linux
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat share memory on linux Post 302180949 by melanie_pfefer on Tuesday 1st of April 2008 02:51:33 PM
Old 04-01-2008
thanks.

do you know what is the equivalent of kernel.shmseg for Redhat Linux Enterprise 4?
tx

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Mount Linux share onto Sco 5.0.6

I've got a Sco 5.0.6 box and an Ubuntu box on my network. i want to backup certain directories onto a share on the Ubuntu box. how do i mount a linux share onto the Sco box? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sall
1 Replies

2. Linux

how i can share the file between unix or linux in windows ??

hello everybody i have one quetion :( about how i can share my file in windows to use it in linux explane i have to opreating system windows xp and linux fedore core and unix ( sun solaris 10 ) and i want to open me file that is storege in windows <<< want to open it in unix or... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: msn22
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

share directory from linux to unix

hello,:b: I want to share a directory from Linux server to Unix server, i did it before for Unix servers only , first server: share -F nfs /backup second server: mount -F nfs 192.1.1.208:/backup / but i can't find share command in linux, we tried to use samba but it doesn't works. any... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dagigg
6 Replies

4. Red Hat

unable to mount windows share on linux 5.1

Hi, I am using redhat linux 5.1 - 64bit, using command mount -t cifs //192.192.192.192/SW/Ex /192.192.192.192 -o username=test I am getting below error. mount: block device //192.192.192.192/SW/Ex is write-protected, mounting read-only mount: cannot mount block device... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

help to access windows share from linux box

how to access windows share from a linux box windows machin is in different workgroup so how to pass credentials whil acessing a share from a script (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: robo
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

I just wanted to share this bash script for linux

If your Unix box doesn't support bash scripts then do not do the following. Create a file named version. type chmod 755 version and then copy and paste the code below into the file. Then type "mv version /bin" and presto, type version. A cool full hearty command. If you know more about you're Os... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Errigour
3 Replies

7. Red Hat

Samba share problem in Linux 6.4

Hi , In samba i have shared my home directory, but its showing as a printer. Not able to share data. $ smbclient -L 192.168.122.1 Enter priyank's password: Domain= OS= Server= Sharename Type Comment --------- ---- ------- shared_priyank Printer ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Priy
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

How to determine share name of Linux server?

Hi, How to determine share name of Linux server ? OS version is RHL 6.5 Regards, Maddy (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maddy123
11 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Mounting Windows Share to Linux Server

Hi Folks - I need to mount a Windows Share to a Linux server. What is the best/easiest way to do this? Is this 'how-to' guide accurate: How to Share Files Between Windows and Linux Or is there a better method you could share? Thanks! (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: SIMMS7400
8 Replies
dr(7d)								      Devices								    dr(7d)

NAME
dr, drmach, ngdr, ngdrmach - Sun Enterprise 10000 dynamic reconfiguration driver SYNOPSIS
dr drmach ngdr ngdrmach DESCRIPTION
The dynamic reconfiguration (DR) driver consists of a platform-independent driver and a platform-specific module. The DR driver uses stan- dard features of the Solaris operating environment whenever possible to control DR operations and calls the platform specific module as needed. The DR driver creates minor nodes in the file system that serve as attachment points for DR operations. The DR driver provides a pseudo-driver interface to sequence attach and detach operations on system boards using file system entry points referred to as "attachment points." The attachment point form depends on the platform. Sun Enterprise 10000 Server On the Sun Enterprise 10000 server, the DR driver consists of a platform-independent driver (ngdr) and a platform-specific module (ngdr- mach). The domain configuration server (DCS) accepts DR requests from the system services processor (SSP) and uses the libcfgadm(3LIB) interface to initiate the DR operation. After the operation is performed, the results are returned to the SSP. For more information about the DCS on the Sun Enterprise 10000, refer to the dcs(1M) man page and the Sun Enterprise 10000 Dynamic Reconfiguration User Guide. The DR driver creates physical attachment points for system board slots that takes the following form: /devices/pseudo/ngdr@0:SBx Where x represents the slot number (0 to 15) for a particular board. The cfgadm_sbd(1M) plugin creates dynamic attachment points that refer to components on system boards, including CPUs, memory, or I/O devices. Refer to the cfgadm_sbd(1M) man page for more details. SEE ALSO
cfgadm_sbd(1M), ioctl(2), libcfgadm(3LIB) Sun Enterprise 10000 Dynamic Reconfiguration User Guide SunOS 5.10 29 Sep 2003 dr(7d)