Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Formula help
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Formula help Post 302179849 by jgt on Friday 28th of March 2008 09:51:46 PM
Old 03-28-2008
See: man bc

then try
$
$a=5
$b=6
$echo "$a + $b"|bc

Obviously what is inside the quotes will be more complex

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Quadratic Formula Program

I have a question about the program I am making. I finished it, compiled it, and there were no errors. Now when I run it, the comand prompt comes up and there are just 1's and 0's that keep looping over and over again. The program is listed before. If anyone has any suggestions I would greatly... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zeek
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with formula in a script

I need some help. I been doing system admin for the last several years and gotten very rusty on scripting. I need to write a script that will take a log entry and do math using two columns of data to create a new column. I am taking the column(#2) that contains the time and the column(#5) that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: scottzx7rr
3 Replies

3. Solaris

formula to get the swap space on a machine

Hello there are different opinions on how to get the swap space on Solaris. some say: swap -s and the space= used + available others say swap -l (donno how they get the swap size) other say 'top' command others say using format command (in print sub-command) Could you please advise on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to create script for this formula?

Hello Unix gurus, Can anyone tell me the most efficient way to create script for the formula? Formula: Ans = 1 - ((Buffer pool data physical reads + Buffer pool xda physical reads + Buffer pool index physical reads + Buffer pool temporary data physical reads + Buffer pool temporary xda... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rahulpict
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formula to get combination… sum

Formula to get combination Lats say, I have 5 values ID Price 1 5 2 10 3 30 4 5 Resule with Possible combinations will be ID Price 1 5 2 10 3 30 4 5 1+1 10 1+2 15 1+3 35 1+4 10 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Amit.Sagpariya
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Formula to Value

I'm new to Perl, but I need to use it to write into an excel spreadsheet. I want to copy the values of certain cells into a new sheet in the workbook. I'm unsure of how to do this because I don't know how to copy values instead of formulas. Note: by formula I mean '=SUM(A1,A2)' and by value I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: AgentSmith88
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

formula missing in excel after using perl

Dear all, I got a template excel file which contains several worksheets. Each worksheet contains some formulas in the cells. I am using the perl script to read a CSV file and then put the data of CSV into template excel file(first worksheet) and then save it as new file name using ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: eldonlck
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formula missing in excel after using perl

Hi all, I use "Spreadsheet::ParseExcel::SaveParser" to - read a existing excel file with : $Parser = Spreadsheet::ParseExcel::SaveParser->new(); $HeaderFile = $Parser->Parse("XLS_FILE_ACCESS"); - modify some values in somes cell with : $worksheet->AddCell($row_target,$col_max,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yom
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

A strange formula

Dear Masters, Kindly need your helps for this issue.. I face a formula as a picture... the input file is A DEPT Vp Vs rho VPperVS ------------------------ ------------ ------------ ------------ 700 151.9218 121.9269 ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: ipatah
11 Replies

10. Solaris

Formula calculate scan rate

Hi There, Just curious here... If there formula to calculate scan rate on solaris? Thanks Edy (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: edydsuranta
3 Replies
WHAT-PATCH(1)                                                 General Commands Manual                                                WHAT-PATCH(1)

NAME
what-patch - detect which patch system a Debian package uses SYNOPSIS
what-patch [options] DESCRIPTION
what-patch examines the debian/rules file to determine which patch system the Debian package is using. what-patch should be run from the root directory of the Debian source package. OPTIONS
Listed below are the command line options for what-patch: -h, --help Display a help message and exit. -v Enable verbose mode. This will include the listing of any files modified outside or the debian/ directory and report any additional details about the patch system if available. AUTHORS
what-patch was written by Kees Cook <kees@ubuntu.com>, Siegfried-A. Gevatter <rainct@ubuntu.com>, and Daniel Hahler <ubuntu@thequod.de>, among others. This manual page was written by Jonathan Patrick Davies <jpds@ubuntu.com>. Both are released under the GNU General Public License, version 3 or later. SEE ALSO
The Ubuntu MOTU team has some documentation about patch systems at the Ubuntu wiki: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PackagingGuide/PatchSystems cdbs-edit-patch(1), dbs-edit-patch(1), dpatch-edit-patch(1) DEBIAN Debian Utilities WHAT-PATCH(1)